» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: And Now The Truth Starts to Come Out..................

Written By: Gis on 07/30/05 at 11:10 am

The latest reports about the poor man shot by police in London show he did NOT jump over the barriers.The person seen doing so turns out to be one of the plain clothes policemen following him.Jean Charles de Menezes went through the barrier correctly the electronic records show he used his travelcard to pass through the barriers.They are now hoping that CCTV fotage will show at what point he ended up running for his life onto the nearest train.

Also he was NOT wearing a big padded jacket but was in a lightweight denim jacket.

Also even though his visa had run out he was not worried by the police and had been stopped by them only a few days before and had quite happily given them his documents and let them search his bag.

It would appear that at no time was he challenged or given the chance to surrender.

A seriously bad blunder in an otherwise excellent investigation....................

Subject: Re: And Now The Truth Starts to Come Out..................

Written By: philbo on 07/30/05 at 11:32 am

How valid is this?  (he asks, wondering whether he should be getting seriously pissed off with the "official" reporting of this)

Written By: Brian Damaged on 07/30/05 at 11:46 am

Theres been too much speculation about this whole thing when the facts are still muddy.  It seems like everyone is either paronoid about terrorists or paronoid about people overreacting to them.

Written By: Gis on 08/01/05 at 2:59 am

How valid is this?  (he asks, wondering whether he should be getting seriously ticked off with the "official" reporting of this)
Well according to the report I read this is the information his family have been given so far and they have chosen to make it  public before the inquiry is concluded.Understandably so I feel.

Written By: philbo on 08/01/05 at 3:25 pm

In that case, I'll hold my ire in abeyance until the inquiry has concluded: the family releasing info could well be based upon the testimony of one or two witnesses whose story they prefer to listen to (if you see what I mean).

Check for new replies or respond here...