» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bob Novak Suspended

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/05/05 at 1:18 pm

Well, isn't that interesting?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050805/ap_on_en_tv/tv_cnn_novak

Cat

Subject: Re: Bob Novak Suspended

Written By: Brian Damaged on 08/05/05 at 1:29 pm

It makes sense to suspend him.  The FCC is so hyper, CNN has to suspend him so theres less chance they get fined.  Anyway, all those shows are based on people yelling at each other and making a show, so swearing and walking off makes for good ratings.  And if it gets to be a big news story, even bigger ratings!  Good news for CNN!  It was probably planned.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/05 at 12:49 am

I saw that incident.  You know what it reminded me of?

Grumpy Old Men
http://www.cientifica.com/archives/grump.jpg

Who could stand either Novak or Carville for more than ten seconds?  They're both hideous specimens.  I am personally biased against Novak, though. I have despised him since the '80s.  He was a foolish, slobbering, mean pr*ck.  He's the same now, only older.  I'm just afraid he'll get his own show on MSNBC, like his junior partner Tucker "the ****er" Carlson!
:o

Written By: limblifter on 08/06/05 at 10:14 am

I loved John Stewarts reaction to this!  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/07/05 at 10:37 am

I saw that incident.  You know what it reminded me of?

Grumpy Old Men
http://www.cientifica.com/archives/grump.jpg

Who could stand either Novak or Carville for more than ten seconds?  They're both hideous specimens.  I am personally biased against Novak, though. I have despised him since the '80s.  He was a foolish, slobbering, mean pr*ck.  He's the same now, only older.  I'm just afraid he'll get his own show on MSNBC, like his junior partner Tucker "the ****er" Carlson!
:o

I'm not a big fan of Novak, especially after his "outing" of Valerie Plame.

But I gotta give him props.  He's nobody's butt-boy, and neither is Tucker Carlson.  8)

I support his suspension.  News talks hows are not a place for such profanity.  By the way, IIRC, the FCC has nothing to do with this.  You can cuss all you want on the cable channels.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/07/05 at 11:22 am

I loved John Stewarts reaction to this!  ;D

Me too!

Did you see Crossfire when Jon Stewart was a guest?

It was priceless!

;D

My guess is Bob Novak isn't laughing....

::)

If he has a sense of humor at all.....

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/07/05 at 6:45 pm

I'm not a big fan of Novak, especially after his "outing" of Valerie Plame.

But I gotta give him props.  He's nobody's butt-boy, and neither is Tucker Carlson.   8)

I support his suspension.  News talks hows are not a place for such profanity.  By the way, IIRC, the FCC has nothing to do with this.  You can cuss all you want on the cable channels.

Novak and Carlson are the ever so willing butt-boys of Wall Street interests.  I mean, you have to be in order to make it on cable news, but those two offer noooo resistance.  Carlson has a smidgeon more integrity than the likes of Novak, Brit Hume, Neil Cavuto, John Gibson, and the other priests of Mammon.

I would support Novak's suspension--
suspension by rope from a sour apple tree!
(only being facetious, nobody deserves to get lynched, even somebody with no redeeming qualities, like Novak)

Check for new replies or respond here...