» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: More Halibrton/KBW scandal - How HIGH does it go?

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/07/05 at 3:38 pm

Chaeck this out, as if it were some kind of surprise.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050807/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/being_bunny_greenhouse

Persecute a whistleblower?  On Honest Lil'gie's watch?  Heavan forbid!

Subject: Re: More Halibrton/KBW scandal - How HIGH does it go?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/07/05 at 6:17 pm

Not surprised...  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/07/05 at 7:08 pm

Bunny Greenhouse?
Whatta name!

"She is a black woman in a world of mostly white men; a 60-year-old workaholic who abides neither fools nor frauds. But she is out of her element in this fight, her former boss said."

The beginning of the article mentions her faith.  The Republicans want more Bunnys on their side, they want more women, more people of color, and they do it by appealing to God's people. 
Bunny is like so many millions of religious people who get swindled by the corporate greedheads on the right.  Their credo is Put your faith in Jesus, and shove as many steaks down your shirt as you can!

Halliburton and the rest of the plunder of Iraq makes "Oil for Food" look like a game of three-card monty, but the American media always obfuscates such obvious truths.  It's just like the American media ridiculed, circumlocuted, and then ignored the theft of the Ohio election by the GOP.  It's a seamless propaganda machine for corporate interests!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/07/05 at 8:45 pm

To me it's more like Let's Make A Deal, care to take at what's behind door number three?  ::)

And it always Halliburton that gets the "better deal".

::)

Written By: EthanM on 08/07/05 at 9:57 pm

It doesn't seem to me like Bunny was swindled at all, and that's why some of her bosses are so angry with her.  Her personal faith and the faith-based policies of the current US government appear to be unrelated. The woman has three masters degrees... I think she can think for herself regarding spiritual matters.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/11/05 at 3:24 pm

It doesn't seem to me like Bunny was swindled at all, and that's why some of her bosses are so angry with her.  Her personal faith and the faith-based policies of the current US government appear to be unrelated. The woman has three masters degrees... I think she can think for herself regarding spiritual matters.

THe point is not her religious beliefs.  The point is that she is an embarassing whistle-blower not willing to roll over and play dead.

Check for new replies or respond here...