» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: osama

Written By: danootaandme on 08/18/05 at 8:24 am

Just a reminder to those who may have forgotten.  He is the quy who bush has decided is not a priority.  And you?

Subject: Re: osama

Written By: Mushroom on 08/18/05 at 8:42 am

Just a reminder to those who may have forgotten.  He is the quy who bush has decided is not a priority.  And you?

And just how many resources do we use to chase after a "Ghost"?

This use of the word "priority" is a military one.  It does not mean that it is not wanted, it deals with the degree of resources that are invested to achieve the goal.

The intent of World War II was to remove Hitler.  But it was not a "priority" to invade Germany until after France had been invaded and secured.  It was not a pirority to invade France until Hitler had been removed from Africa.  It was not a priority to invade Africa until after England was secure.

And yes, there have been cases where the military decided to take a gamble, and do things before they were ready.  There was a classic case where they tried to take a gamble, and invade towards Germany before they were ready and assets were in place.  Does anybody else out here remember "Operation Market Garden"?  If not, wath the movie "A Bridge To Far".

The real priority here is not Osama, but the terrorist network he created.  We can kill him tomorrow, and Al-Queda will just keep on going.  Besides, for all we know he has been dead for months (if not years).  In the same way, World War II would not have ended if we had gotten lucky and killed Hitler in 1942.  We had to destroy the Nazi military machine and infrastructure in orfer to force a peace.  Luckily, his own troops and people had lost faith in him, so when he died his corrupt system died with him.

Written By: saver on 08/18/05 at 10:41 am

Apparently from THEIR,(terrorist AMMERICAN HATERS), perspective WE-US- are the devil and they want us KILLED...I guess it's kill or BE KILLED.

We ca say they are no good, terrible people, but THEY-against US- call for our DEATH because they don't like us...WHO are THE IRRATIONAL ones now? :-*

and what are we to do..turn our backs and they'll go away..no they'll sneak in to blow us up....those dying may have set off more hatred withing the enemy ranks but that's what  I am glad they are doing for me..eliminating gutless crazed radicals.

Written By: Mushroom on 08/18/05 at 11:32 am

But, even Bush has admitted that Al Qaeda is not in Iraq.  Intelligence done BEFORE the war indicated that they were not in Iraq.  So, why are we there?  Because Saddam's a "bad guy"?  There have been hundreds of "bad guys" leading countries that we have not invaded.

You are confusing intelligence reports.

Iraq was not involved with Al-Queda before 9/11.  Adter the invasion of Afganistan, Saddam allowed in Al-Queda forces.  He even allowed Al-Zarqwi to recieve aid at one of his hospitals after he was wounded in Afganistan.  And there are many other cases of Saddam giving support to Al-Queda post 9/11, in addition to supporting other terrorist organizations both before and after 9/11.

And yes, other nations do support international terrorism.  But there is one clear victory also.

For those of us that remember, Lybia was once the "Bad Boy" of the region.  But in the last several years, he has worked hard to remove the terrorists from his country, and has stopped all support and funding of terrorists.  And notice, he has not been attacked in many years?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/05 at 12:12 pm

Osama Who?  Do you mean Osama Been Forgotten?  ::)

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 08/18/05 at 2:58 pm

You are confusing intelligence reports.

Iraq was not involved with Al-Queda before 9/11.  Adter the invasion of Afganistan, Saddam allowed in Al-Queda forces.  He even allowed Al-Zarqwi to recieve aid at one of his hospitals after he was wounded in Afganistan.  And there are many other cases of Saddam giving support to Al-Queda post 9/11, in addition to supporting other terrorist organizations both before and after 9/11.

And yes, other nations do support international terrorism.  But there is one clear victory also.

For those of us that remember, Lybia was once the "Bad Boy" of the region.  But in the last several years, he has worked hard to remove the terrorists from his country, and has stopped all support and funding of terrorists.  And notice, he has not been attacked in many years?

The majority of forces, including osama retreated into Pakistan, where it is believed he is now.  sadaam allowed al-zarqwi in but he was by no means in a supporter of al-queda, he was more an adversarial power,  he placed the USA in the category of "the enemy of my enemy", but did not consider al-queda his friend.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/18/05 at 3:20 pm

I said this before. but it desreves saying again.  Al Quida attacks us.  Afganistan shields Al Quida.  We invade Afdanistan. Logical so far, but we didn't do the job.  Al Quida GOT AWAY.  So then we attack Iraq.  Like if we had invaded Mexico after Pearl Horbor.

Written By: Harmonica on 08/18/05 at 4:55 pm

Osama Who?   Do you mean Osama Been Forgotten?  ::)

Cat

He's the man responsible for the deaths of thousands and thousands of loved ones. He's the man responsible for showing us in yet another form that hatred is a live and strong.  Hundreds upon hundreds of years after his death, he will not be forgotten.

Written By: limblifter on 08/18/05 at 5:19 pm

He's the man responsible for the deaths of thousands and thousands of loved ones. He's the man responsible for showing us in yet another form that hatred is a live and strong.  Hundreds upon hundreds of years after his death, he will not be forgotten.

"I don't really think about him. I'm not that concerned." ~ George W Bush

Sounds to me like someone is trying to forget about him. Why would Bush want to capture the man responsible for instilling so much fear into the hearts of americans? I believe the fact that Osama is still on the loose is one of the reasons that Bush got re-elected. Heck. He even used Osamas terrorist network as an excuse for invading Iraq. Which the american public gobbled up. Last time I checked, 30 percent of the american public still think that Iraq had a part in 9-11!  ;D

I'll tell ya. Bush is one hell of a shepherd! 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/05 at 6:07 pm

Try telling that to the man who once said that he was "wanted: dead or alive" but as limblifter pointed out is now saying, "I don't really think about him. I'm not that concerned."

Cat

Written By: Harmonica on 08/18/05 at 7:49 pm

Try telling that to the man who once said that he was "wanted: dead or alive" but as limblifter pointed out is now saying, "I don't really think about him. I'm not that concerned."

Cat

Bush is one person.  You did not suspicify that you meant only him.

Written By: Mushroom on 08/18/05 at 9:31 pm

I said this before. but it desreves saying again.  Al Quida attacks us.  Afganistan shields Al Quida.  We invade Afdanistan. Logical so far, but we didn't do the job.  Al Quida GOT AWAY.  So then we attack Iraq.  Like if we had invaded Mexico after Pearl Horbor.

If Mexico had taken in Japanese pilots after the attack and given them aid, we probably would have been justified to do just that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/05 at 11:19 am

Bush is one person.  You did not suspicify that you meant only him.

That "one person" happens to be the Commander in Chief (a term I use loosely). He is the one who is supposed to be in charge of the military. He is the one who gave the orders to divert the operation in Afganastan to look for Osama to go into Iraq.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/19/05 at 2:30 pm

Except by the president - who was that? - who said we would get him "dead or alive".

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/19/05 at 2:33 pm

If Mexico had taken in Japanese pilots after the attack and given them aid, we probably would have been justified to do just that.

There is some dispute about this.  Some Al Quida did, apparantly, take refuge in Iraqi territory, but not, as the neocons claim, under the protection of Saddam, but in a part of the country which he did not control.

Written By: Harmonica on 08/19/05 at 3:47 pm

Don Carlos and Cat - My point in which I will stick strongly too, is that Osama Bin Ladin is not forgotten now, and will not be forgotten in the future. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/05 at 5:03 pm

Don Carlos and Cat - My point in which I will stick strongly too, is that Osama Bin Ladin is not forgotten now, and will not be forgotten in the future. 

Maybe not by you and millions of other people but he has certainly been forgotten by this Administration.

Cat

Written By: Mushroom on 08/20/05 at 7:08 am

Maybe not by you and millions of other people but he has certainly been forgotten by this Administration.

And what exactly should "The Administration" do?  Without any information on where he is, they do the next best thing, which is attacking his organization.  Or should we just randombly bomb the Pakistani wilderness in hopes we find him?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/05 at 10:43 am

And what exactly should "The Administration" do?  Without any information on where he is, they do the next best thing, which is attacking his organization.  Or should we just randombly bomb the Pakistani wilderness in hopes we find him?

Of course not. But it is very obvious that Osama is NOT their priorty. They diverted the troops who were getting close to him and  went after Saddam-their TRUE priorty.

I don't have the answers but I do know that way this Administration handled the situation was totally WRONG!!!

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/20/05 at 1:40 pm

They might try LOOKING for him, that would be a start.  As to arracking his organization, it was centered in Afganistan, remember?  So our brilliant little Pres and his chickenhawk advisors went to Afg... no I mean Iraq to crush it.  ???  ???  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...