» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Republicans are even critical of the federal response, and Bush

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/02/05 at 2:51 pm

For those of you who don't follow the blogsphere, this individual was the founder of "The Red State" and quite outspoken in favor of Bush and the war.  He resigned today after witnessing Bush's (in)action.

http://www.redstate.org/story/2005/9/1/185123/8692

Several right leaning pundits (such as O'Reilly) are even getting bent out of shape over this one.

All that money that has been spent on Homeland Security incase of a major terrorist attack.  They can't even respond quickly to a natural disaster that was predicted for the past 30 years.  How will they respond when it's not expected?

Subject: Re: Republicans are even critical of the federal response, and Bush

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/05 at 4:34 pm

Bush declared, "Nobody anticipated the breach of the levees." 
LIE LIE LIE!!!

All concerned have been warning of this very scenario for over thirty-five years.  There was a national program ongoing since the early '70s to continue to develop and improve the levee system.  Bush hacked this program to nearly nothing in his first term to subsidize the Iraq conquest and tax cuts for the rich.

And yet...Spokesman Scott McLellan claims, "Flood control has been (this administration's) priority from day one."
LIE LIE LIE all over again!!!

Yep, they really got caught with their pants down this time!

Written By: Dagwood on 09/02/05 at 8:00 pm

It is annoying how long it took to respond.  The thing that really got me was that Congress had to vote to give aid...how messed up is that? People go without food or fresh water while the senate/congress takes two days to vote on it. 

Written By: Powerslave on 09/02/05 at 8:02 pm

And hardly any of them were even there to vote, because Congress isn't even in session.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/02/05 at 8:03 pm

http://www.lewrockwell.com/buchanan/buchanan33.html

even looney bird Pat Buchanan is looking to pin the blame squarely in the oval office.

just remember. When a comatose patient is going to have the plug pulled, the neocons call an emergency session of congress and fly everyone back to DC within hours, even if the bill passed had no chance of standing.  National disaster, the likes of which haven't been seen in our lifetime.... that's different.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/05 at 8:25 pm

We're not used to seeing such devastation on our shores.  We associate this kind of hell with the aftermath of natural disasters in the Third World.
But when your government acts like a Third World government--a corrupt and selfish junta, full of bloodthirsty incompetents--like the Bush administration does, you get a Third World response.

Written By: Schillingfan on 09/02/05 at 8:31 pm

With some of the people that are in politics, it makes you wish that there were other people filling those jobs in politics!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/02/05 at 11:32 pm

I've been watching Fox News for the last hour, and even their reporters (at least the ones who are actually inside New Orleans) are pissed.

Written By: nally on 09/03/05 at 2:10 am

It is annoying how long it took to respond.  The thing that really got me was that Congress had to vote to give aid...how messed up is that? People go without food or fresh water while the senate/congress takes two days to vote on it. 

I hear ya. :-\\

I watched the news (actually, a "Special Report" that interrupted the program I was watching) to see that the President finally came out to see the damage.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/03/05 at 6:57 am

I hear ya. :-\\

I watched the news (actually, a "Special Report" that interrupted the program I was watching) to see that the President finally came out to see the damage.

Wasn't it heartwarming how he hugged that woman and her daughter.  What she should have done is hauled off and backhanded him.  That would have been good.  Sorry guys, but this thing has gotten me absolutely crazed.

Written By: nally on 09/03/05 at 1:35 pm

Wasn't it heartwarming how he hugged that woman and her daughter.

Yes, I saw him doing that. Aww, how sweet. ::)

What she should have done is hauled off and backhanded him.  That would have been good.

I think so too. ;D I never liked the guy, nor do I ever intend to.

Sorry guys, but this thing has gotten me absolutely crazed.

same here..

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/03/05 at 2:39 pm

Well, according to this morning's paper, even Lil' Georgie has admitted that the response was too little, too late.

Written By: Powerslave on 09/03/05 at 6:28 pm

Look what I found today. THere was a typhoon in China on Thursday, and 790,000 people were successfully evacuated. 3 were killed. The benefits of living in a police state?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/china-evacuates-790000-as-typhoon-slams-into-coast/2005/09/01/1125302689224.html

Check for new replies or respond here...