» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Renquist is dead Who's next?

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/04/05 at 2:55 pm

William Renquist succumed to his thyroid cancer last night.  So now Lil' Georgie gets another nomination.  Thoughts?

Subject: Re: Renquist is dead Who's next?

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/04/05 at 3:08 pm

Man, Rehnquist held onto that job like the Pope.  :D

Maybe a Catholic to replace him?  ???  Oops, wait I forgot, Catholics are not welcome for major Federal judicial appointments.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/04/05 at 3:33 pm

Maybe Bush will dust off old Robert Bork and give him another try.  ;D

Written By: Paul on 09/04/05 at 4:38 pm

He can always have Tony...!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/04/05 at 6:43 pm

The next justice to croak?  Probably John Paul Stevens.  I just hope the old dude can hang on until we've got a liberal Democrat president and the Dems control the congress.  Say, how's the cryonics business going?  If we can keep Steven's head alive under glass, like on "Futurama"....
:o

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/05/05 at 1:14 am

The next justice to croak?  Probably John Paul Stevens.  I just hope the old dude can hang on until we've got a liberal Democrat president and the Dems control the congress.  Say, how's the cryonics business going?  If we can keep Steven's head alive under glass, like on "Futurama"....
:o

Im not sure people can live for 100 years. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/05/05 at 8:31 am

I've heard that Dubya has nominated Roberts for Chief Justice.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/05 at 9:35 pm

Im not sure people can live for 100 years. 

Uh, hullooo, that's whay I made the "Futurama" reference.  It was supposed to be a jest about...oh, never mind!
::)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/06/05 at 9:51 pm

William Renquist succumed to his thyroid cancer last night.  So now Lil' Georgie gets another nomination.  Thoughts?
ME! ME! ME!  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/06/05 at 10:02 pm

Judge Joe!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/06/05 at 10:17 pm

Judge Joe!
Or Judge Judy! She's a real ass-kicker!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/06/05 at 10:45 pm

Or Judge Judy! She's a real ass-kicker!  ;D

I don't know that a Supreme Court justice has ever screeched at counsel, You, sir, are an idiot!, but there's always a first!
;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/06/05 at 11:46 pm

Renquist is dead Who's next?

Depends.. How much are you willing to pay?

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/07/05 at 12:32 am

Uh, hullooo, that's whay I made the "Futurama" reference.  It was supposed to be a jest about...oh, never mind!
::)

I know, Im joking around lol 

Written By: McDonald on 09/09/05 at 10:53 am

Bush is seriously pushing for Robert What's-his-name to be appointed directly to the chief justice seat. I think it's ridiculous not to appoint someone who's already been on the court for several years and has Supreme Court experience.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/09/05 at 10:55 am

Bush is seriously pushing for Robert What's-his-name to be appointed directly to the chief justice seat. I think it's ridiculous not to appoint someone who's already been on the court for several years and has Supreme Court experience.

I have been asking myself why? Who is this guy? We know that Dubya likes to appoint people in his inner circle. So how does this guy belong in that inner circle?

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 09/09/05 at 11:00 am

I have been asking myself why? Who is this guy? We know that Dubya likes to appoint people in his inner circle. So how does this guy belong in that inner circle?

Cat

I don't know, but with almost everything in bushworld I would just follow the money

Check for new replies or respond here...