» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: partial liberal/conservative quiz....

Written By: saver on 09/26/05 at 12:45 am

There are 5 questions but I only caught 3 to see if you are a conservative or a liberal:

1. Who is more worse in this country lawyers or the insurance industry?

2. Who should earn more...teachers or garbage collectors?

3. Pronounce NUCLEAR...did you say NU-CU-LAR or NEW-CLE-AR?

I'm working at getting the extra 2 questions and the results..stay tuned.... 

Subject: Re: partial liberal/conservative quiz....

Written By: Tam on 09/26/05 at 12:50 am

1. Who is more worse in this country lawyers or the insurance industry? Lawyers

2. Who should earn more...teachers or garbage collectors? Teachers

3. Pronounce NUCLEAR...did you say NU-CU-LAR or NEW-CLE-AR? NU-CU-LAR

Written By: ADH13 on 09/26/05 at 12:53 am

3. Pronounce NUCLEAR...did you say NU-CU-LAR or NEW-CLE-AR? NEW-CLE-AR

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/26/05 at 1:53 am

Mind your grammar!  It's not "more worse," it's "more worser"!
http://www.purple-socks.com/char/missshoe.jpg

Written By: EthanM on 09/26/05 at 6:48 am

1) Both have positive impacts as well as their problems that can sometimes seem to outweigh their benefits, but overall I'd pick the insurance industry.

2) Teachers

3) New-clear, but including this in a liberal/conservative test makes it appear to be totally illegitimate.

Written By: saver on 09/26/05 at 10:52 am

I guess in a way the nuclear pronouncing may project something as we have GWB saying nu-cu-lar being the conserv. he is then again Jimmy Carter saying it the same way and being less liberal than those thought he was..NOTICE HOW NO ONE FUSSED WITH CARTER WHEN HE SAID IT THAT WAY?

Written By: Harmonica on 09/26/05 at 11:32 am

There are 5 questions but I only caught 3 to see if you are a conservative or a liberal:

1. Who is more worse in this country lawyers or the insurance industry?

2. Who should earn more...teachers or garbage collectors?

3. Pronounce NUCLEAR...did you say NU-CU-LAR or NEW-CLE-AR?

I'm working at getting the extra 2 questions and the results..stay tuned....   

1 On what grounds?  Financial injustice? Screwness?  The crap they pull?  I can go both ways on this one

2.  Teachers

3.  This has absolutely nothing to do with whether I'm a conservative or Liberal....I say NEW-CLE-AR  based on I learned the word from watching Back the Future and I say it the way I learned it from Marty McFly.

Written By: saver on 09/26/05 at 1:17 pm

Here are the questions in whole:

1. Who is worse Lawyers or the Insurance Industry?

2.Who should be paid more teachers or garbage collectors?

3. Which is worse alcohol or marijuana?

4. Say the word nuclear..do you say New-cu-lar or New- cle-ar?

5. Should more people be in jail or on welfare?

Written By: John Jenkins on 09/26/05 at 2:37 pm

1. Our society and economy would approach anarchy if either the legal profession or the insurance industry were eliminated.  But I would like to see fewer attorneys who file frivolous lawsuits and I am not sure that there is an equivalent of that in the insurance industry.
2. This is a no-brainer.  Of course we would like our teachers to be more skilled than our garbage collectors.  I really would like teachers to be paid more than athletes and entertainers, but the salaries for all of them should be determined by supply and demand.  I would expect that the “demand” for teachers for us and our youth would enable them to be well compensated.  But because the public school system separates the providers of education from the consumers of education as far as payments are concerned, the law of supply and demand is undermined.  I believe that teachers would be better paid if we eliminated (or phased out) public schools in favor of private schools.
3. I do not think that there’s a lot of difference, and I would like to see the costly, ineffective War on Drugs ended.
4. Correctly, but I agree with Ethan.
5. It reflects well on society when few people need to be incarcerated by the state or subsidized by the state.  Incarceration serves as a punishment for breaking laws and tends to deter people from committing crimes.  Welfare serves as a reward for being incapable of taking care of oneself or one’s family; and, generally, when a certain behavior gets rewarded, it gets repeated or imitated.  Incarcerating criminals is a proper function of government, but assisting people who need help is a proper function of charitable organizations, which can perform much more effectively than our bureaucratic welfare system.

Written By: EthanM on 09/26/05 at 2:49 pm

I'm sure there were people emphasizing every mistake and quirky action when Carter was in office, but those kinds of people probably didn't have the kind of influence in the media then as they do now. If anyone has any actual facts regarding this statement regarding a time period before i was born and that we never got up to in history class, feel free to contribute

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/26/05 at 3:47 pm

Dumb quiz, very dumb.  So I must agree with Mr H. on some points.

While my dealings with iunsurance co's have been limited, I have had problems with my health insurance, especially when my kids lived out of state.  My experiance with lawyers has been positive, but I am conflicted about the ones who defend the likes of John Gotti.  Those who work for the ACLU are aces in my book.

Teachers should be paid more than garbage collectors, but not always are.

Healthwise, booze is worse than pot.

pronunciation is irrelevant.

There should be fewer people should be on welfare AND in jail, but over all, I would rather see people supported on the public dime out of jail than in it, for starters, its cheaper.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/26/05 at 6:29 pm

1. Who is more worse in this country lawyers or the insurance industry? Insurance industry

3. Which is worse alcohol or marijuana? alcohol

4. Say the word nuclear..do you say New-cu-lar or New- cle-ar? new-cle-ar

5. Should more people be in jail or on welfare? jail.  I know way too many people that break the law and are out because of overcrowding.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/26/05 at 6:32 pm

1. Who is more worse in this country lawyers or the insurance industry? (My country): I've never had to deal with either, so can't really say.

3. Which is worse alcohol or marijuana? alcohol is worse healthwise. But taken in excess, both can be harmful. Taken in moderation, both can be reasonably harmless.

4. Say the word nuclear..do you say New-cu-lar or New- cle-ar? new-clear

5. Should more people be in jail or on welfare? This question sucks.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/26/05 at 6:43 pm

Here are the questions in whole:

1. Who is worse Lawyers or the Insurance Industry?

Lawyers run the insurance industry.

2.Who should be paid more teachers or garbage collectors?
Teachers.

3. Which is worse alcohol or marijuana?
Alcohol, usually, depends on the individual.

4. Say the word nuclear..do you say New-cu-lar or New- cle-ar?
Noo'-klee-ar

5. Should more people be in jail or on welfare?
The question is moot.  Incarceration is becoming the new welfare state. 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/27/05 at 11:19 am

2. Who should earn more...teachers or garbage collectors? teachers, of course

3. Which is worse - alcohol or marijuana? Alcohol

4. Pronounce NUCLEAR...did you say NU-CU-LAR or NEW-CLE-AR? New-Cle-AR

5. Should more people be in jail or on welfare? neither, let's fix the systems that create such options.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/05 at 1:08 pm

5. Should more people be in jail or on welfare? neither, let's fix the systems that create such options.

What are you, some kind of a pinko?
;)

Check for new replies or respond here...