» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: More bombings - Bali attacked again

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/01/05 at 6:41 pm

At least 36 people have been blown up in two separate blasts  >:(

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/10/01/bali.blasts/index.html

The cycle continues  :(

Subject: Re: More bombings - Bali attacked again

Written By: saver on 10/01/05 at 8:58 pm

Do you think terrorists would at least blink if they were threatened to go after THEIR immediate families if they were to kill anyone by bomb? Or are they that cold hearted?

You wouyld think, the family of new kids would want to protect themselves for a long life and warn their kids of the new generation not to be a bomber because their whole family would be put to death and you would think (unless thy're like minded, ) they wouldn't want to die before THEIR time!

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/02/05 at 3:29 am

When it came over as a news flash last night they were saying just nine injured. By the time I had woken this morning those figures had dramatically changed. 3 definate aussies dead including a 16 year old boy from over my way, and 25 to 30 more dead so far. Perths burns unit is on full staff alert for flights full of burn victims - both aussies and foreigners - flights start arriving this afternoon.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16788455-2,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16790227-26619,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16790154-26619,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16790125-23109,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16791074-29277,00.html
http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/2005/10/02/1128191588362.html

I guess when they catch the JI organisors as per the norm they will get miniscule jail time and daily releases for shopping and golfing trips.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/02/05 at 3:43 am

I guess when they catch the JI organisors as per the norm they will get miniscule jail time and daily releases for shopping and golfing trips.

Quite so, BMG, quite so  :( :( :( >:(

Written By: mandamoo on 10/02/05 at 5:06 am

At least 36 people have been blown up in two separate blasts >:(

They are now saying there were three  :( :( :(

Written By: McDonald on 10/03/05 at 11:01 am

I think I heard that at least six of the victims were Americans. Not totally sure if that's accurate.

Written By: jaytee on 10/03/05 at 5:44 pm

Very sad but all too familiar these days  :\'(

Written By: Paul on 10/04/05 at 7:39 am

I see your legal system's getting as soft as ours...!

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/08/05 at 5:28 am

I see your legal system's getting as soft as ours...!

Not ours Paul - Indonesia's.

While they give drug smugglers life sentences or the fireing squad (and believe me I am not complaining against that - I heartily agree with those sentences) - they give terrorists ridiculously short sentences and plenty of time out of the cells.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/08/05 at 5:51 am

I think I heard that at least six of the victims were Americans. Not totally sure if that's accurate.

At this stage I havent heard of any American victims.

The confirmed deceased so far are 4 Australians, one Japanese, 3 javanese (the actual bombers) and 15 Balinese (including the youngest victim - a 4 year old little boy dining with his parents).

Of the injured who are still being treated in various hospitals in Bali, Singapore, Darwin, Perth, Newcastle and Sydney there are 100 Indonesians and 29 Australians.

Written By: saver on 10/09/05 at 1:20 am

Wonder how the military police work in Bali after identifying WHO was the suicide bomber..if they go to the familys home to see if they are breeding any others?

May have to take the whole family out?

But it's never been announced what they do, so I'm suspicious....

No more racial profiling? What about social class profiling..if they are a certain age or school grade?
Who are we trying to APPEASE by NOT racial profiling?

A broadcaster says look at Tim McVeigh(?) or another white American..who bombed us..well, 2 out of HOW MANY FOREIGNERS were involved..?

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 10/09/05 at 4:15 am

Wonder how the military police work in Bali after identifying WHO was the suicide bomber..if they go to the familys home to see if they are breeding any others?

May have to take the whole family out?

But it's never been announced what they do, so I'm suspicious....

No more racial profiling? What about social class profiling..if they are a certain age or school grade?
Who are we trying to APPEASE by NOT racial profiling?

I hardly think taking out an entire family for the actions of one member is warranted.  If my brother commits a crime tomorrow what does that have to do with me or my parents ?

JI sucks in the young males (late teens and early 20s) who believe the rubbish about being martyrs and the virgins waiting in paradise for them when they die a heroic death yada yada.  Based on the photos of their corpses (all that was found was their heads) - they all died with a gruesome smile on their faces.
In this most recent case the 3 bombers were from Java - but the people who paid them and built the bombs etc are from Jakarta and other parts of Indonesia. The bombers themselves are just gullible expendable pawns in the big guys plan.

The Indonesian police work in conjection with Scotland Yard detectives and Australian Federal Police and the masterminds behind the bombings are already known to them as they also bombed our embassy in Jakarta last year and a hotel the year before. None make a habit of "taking out" entire families for no reason.

The Balinese are a peaceful hindu nation who dont deserve these ghastly occurances affecting their one and only livelihood - tourism. Hundreds of Perth people are flying over there this week for the 3rd anniversary of the Sari Club bombings (Oct 12), including my friends who lost relatives.  They will not be detered by these latest atrocities.

Written By: saver on 10/09/05 at 2:22 pm

I wouldn't say take out an entire family for the actions of the one, but I would hope, when the bomber as discovered. the police/investigators would look INTO the remaining members to see if others were just as stupid to 'follow' or 'complete' their siblings mission..or even the threat may be enough to expose future idiots..did your parents ever tell you when you were younger.."you better not cause any trouble or we'll lose the house and be forced to live on the street?'

Or 'if you get sent to jail, don't expect us to get you out'..When you have those extra eyes on you, you might have thought twice or questioned if it was worth it..so maybe a threat to the family may make some question their actions...

Are virgins in another world worth messing up the future of your parents and siblings?
Maybe that would snap them out of it...

If they do it because they are so gullible, thank goodness for OUR educational system..we've got it good here!

Subject: Jordanian Hotel Bombings

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 11/14/05 at 10:08 am

The Iraqi's who bombed a Wedding ceremony in Jordan on Saturday, well the wife of one of the suicide bombers has been captured after her bomb failed to detonate. Aww what a shame.

Take her into the desert (after interrogation of course) making quite sure her semtex pack is all wired up correctly this time - get her to pull the fuse and Bingo she's achieved her mission of blowing herself up without any innocent fatalities.

These suicide bombers make me sick to the stomach.

Check for new replies or respond here...