» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Roy Moore Announces Run for Alabama Governor

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/11/05 at 11:35 pm

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000377925

Subject: Re: Roy Moore Announces Run for Alabama Governor

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/12/05 at 1:25 am

As far as I can tell, Moore is a true believer.  He's not one of these guys like Tom DeLay or Rick Santorum who uses religion for political expediency. 
If I lived in Alabama I would vote against Moore.  I oppose Moore gaining political power because I disagree with him.  But Moore is the genuine article and I respect that.
I could be wrong.  Maybe they'll uncover a dozen skeletons in Moore's closet, and a hundred dastardly lies.  No one has yet.  I don't think the man's principles are for sale.
That's the real reason Bernie Goldberg badmouthed him.  Judge Moore wouldn't get with the program and shill for the Republican party and George W. Bush.  Bernie likes guys who get with the program and shill for this administration's political interests.

Is Judge Moore nuts?  A lot of people on both sides of the political arena said so.  I'm not so sure.  Moore has a past as a prize fighter and he's a karate black belt.  He certainly is a combative fellow.  When he draws a line in the sand, you can cross the line and duke it out, or you can walk away.  You know where you stand with Judge Moore.  Crazy? No.  Perhaps unreasonable.

I read an article about him in the Atlantic Monthly that gave me a newfound respect for Roy Moore.  Not agreement, mind you.  I believe in separation of church and state.  Moore believes in a Christian-directed society. 

Moore may become governor of Alabama, but I doubt he'll make it big in national politics.  Why?  He's not a politician, and we've all seen just how impolitic he is!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/14/05 at 12:36 am

Mushroom, don't you live in Alabama?  What do you think of this?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/15/05 at 2:23 pm

Yeah, I wonder if Mush would vote for Moore.
???

Check for new replies or respond here...