» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Texas court issues warrant for DeLay

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/19/05 at 8:46 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/19/AR2005101901804.html

The right-wing pundits are squealing about "the criminalization of the political process."  Oh, and who got impeached for lying about a bj?  What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right? Right.

BTW, the "criminalization of the political process" goes all the way back to the pharaohs!

Subject: Re: Texas court issues warrant for DeLay

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/19/05 at 10:18 pm

I would love to see Tom DeLay sitting in a prison cell.....

Written By: McDonald on 10/19/05 at 11:29 pm

This is all just a matter of routine... Rich, important white men don't spend time in jail. We're just going thrrough the motions here. IN any case, I'm glad about this warrant. It's given me hope for this country.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/05 at 12:10 am

This is all just a matter of routine... Rich, important white men don't spend time in jail.

You can say that again!
We're just going thrrough the motions here. IN any case, I'm glad about this warrant. It's given me hope for this country.

"Warrant" makes it sound more serious than it really is.  It just says he does have to go to court.  I doubt they'll actually arrest him.  I'd love to see him do an on-camera perp walk, but you know...
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/20/05 at 12:27 pm

I would love to see Tom DeLay sitting in a prison cell.....

Me too, right next to Bill Frist, Karl Rove, Scooter Libby, D!ck Chaney,  G. W. Bush, etc. etc. etc.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/20/05 at 2:14 pm

He'll turn himself in, be booked, and released on his own recognisens.  I'd love to see him skip his court date though.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/21/05 at 6:54 pm

He'll turn himself in, be booked, and released on his own recognisens.  I'd love to see him skip his court date though.
Call up "Dog: The Bounty Hunter"........could you imagine Mr. DeLay getting hauled in to face his fate by that guy and his pals?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/21/05 at 8:21 pm

That grinning mugshot reminds me of Ted Bundy!

Written By: Tia on 10/21/05 at 8:44 pm

apparently they changed the courthouse where they booked him at the last minute to throw the press off. which is too bad; i wanted it to be a media frenzy. i hope that mug shot's front page tomorrow. if that poor bastard pee-wee herman had to suffer such a humiliation for his goofy little minor infraction i'd like to see ole' delay suffer ten times the embarrassment.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/21/05 at 10:11 pm

Tom DeLay should be made to wear a sign that says "I am a dirty politician and I deserve to go to the slammer"! And have to parade up and down the streets in Washington, DC where Democrats will pelt him with eggs, pies, rotten tomatoes, and other things not mentionable here!

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/24/05 at 3:27 pm

So now, after his first day in court, DeLay is arguing that because the judge isn't a right wing nut case republican, he can't get a fair trial.  Give me a break.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/24/05 at 8:32 pm

So now, after his first day in court, DeLay is arguing that because the judge isn't a right wing nut case republican, he can't get a fair trial.  Give me a break.

Aw, Tommy m'boy, the judge doesn't have to be a right-wing nutcase, he just has to be contented to accept a satchel ful of hundred dollar bills.  How many wads of hundreds will it take?  Well, that's for your gang to size-up.  But remember, as my old dad used to say, "Never bribe too low!"
;D

I did enjoy seeing DeLay referred to as "Former House Majority Leader" on the news ticker.  We must take our small tokens of pleasure where we can find them in this dark political age!
:)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/24/05 at 10:23 pm

Aw, Tommy m'boy, the judge doesn't have to be a right-wing nutcase, he just has to be contented to accept a satchel ful of hundred dollar bills.  How many wads of hundreds will it take?  Well, that's for your gang to size-up.  But remember, as my old dad used to say, "Never bribe too low!"
;D

I did enjoy seeing DeLay referred to as "Former House Majority Leader" on the news ticker.  We must take our small tokens of pleasure where we can find them in this dark political age!
:)
'Now be nice in the courtroom Tommy boy, and let the court do their job of putting you in the Big House where you belong...you might even get to work on a chain gang! What fun!'(sarcasm meant)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/24/05 at 10:25 pm

'Now be nice in the courtroom Tommy boy, and let the court do their job of putting you in the Big House where you belong...you might even get to work on a chain gang! What fun!'(sarcasm meant)

From the Cheney gang to the chain gang?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/25/05 at 1:16 pm

From the Cheney gang to the chain gang?

Cheney may be joining him on that chain gang-but that is for another thread.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/25/05 at 3:39 pm

Cheney may be joining him on that chain gang-but that is for another thread.

Cat

We can olny hope. 

No chance Tony, they will assign him to is original trade, vermin encour... I mean exterminator.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/25/05 at 7:14 pm

We can olny hope. 

No chance Tony, they will assign him to is original trade, vermin encour... I mean exterminator.

What prison did Ken Lay get assigned to?
???

Check for new replies or respond here...