» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Three christian schoolgirls BEHEADED in Indonesia!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/29/05 at 7:10 pm

Another stupid act of religious intolerance....http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051029075409990001

WHY does this stuff have to happen? It's just downright horrible.

Subject: Re: Three christian schoolgirls BEHEADED in Indonesia!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/29/05 at 7:56 pm

>:( :\'(
What can I say...three young women lose their lives, and for what?  To bring about more violence, more death!  What's in store now?  A retributive massacre?  A bombing?
The whole thing just makes me sick!

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/01/05 at 3:28 pm

>:( :\'(
What can I say...three young women lose their lives, and for what?  To bring about more violence, more death!  What's in store now?  A retributive massacre?  A bombing?
The whole thing just makes me sick!

It seems we are marching backwards into the days of the inquisition and trial by  torture.  God, or Godess  help us.

Written By: Tia on 11/01/05 at 4:01 pm

yeah, i read about this in the paper the other day, happened the same day as the bombings in india, i believe. unbelievably horrible, i can't imagine what such a thing is supposed to accomplish or how the people who did it can live with themselves.

apparently they were killed because they were christian? as an agnostic i'm regularly struck by the extremes of barbarity that religion leads people to.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/02/05 at 6:19 am

Religious wars will NEVER go away...look at Israel vs. The Arabs...over THOUSANDS of years old and STILL going! And the war between the Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland....that will probably never get resolved either..all because of STUBBORNNESS and INTOLERANCE!

Oh I forgot to mention the Crusades. Catholics trying to force their religion on Muslims!

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/02/05 at 4:29 pm

Religious wars will NEVER go away...look at Israel vs. The Arabs...over THOUSANDS of years old and STILL going! And the war between the Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland....that will probably never get resolved either..all because of STUBBORNNESS and INTOLERANCE!

Oh I forgot to mention the Crusades. Catholics trying to force their religion on Muslims!

I'll pass on the crusades, but the others all have to do with oppression.  Irish Catholics have a right to be pi33ed at Protestants for the abuses they suffered going back to Cromwell (the "potato famine" was engineered by the way).

The Jews called Patistine "a land without a people", and have been doing to the Palistinians what the Gringos, French and Spanish did to the native Americans.  What I'm saying is that the religious differnces are less important than the issues arising from the struggle for wealth and power.

Written By: Tia on 11/02/05 at 4:42 pm

I'll pass on the crusades, but the others all have to do with oppression.  Irish Catholics have a right to be pi33ed at Protestants for the abuses they suffered going back to Cromwell (the "potato famine" was engineered by the way).

The Jews called Patistine "a land without a people", and have been doing to the Palistinians what the Gringos, French and Spanish did to the native Americans.  What I'm saying is that the religious differnces are less important than the issues arising from the struggle for wealth and power.

so how exactly does that map onto the beheading of three girls who didn't have anything to do with any struggle for wealth or power?

i'm just sayin'... i think you need a very special sick fervor to do something like this, and that only comes from "religion," from thinking your victim doesn't have a soul.

Check for new replies or respond here...