» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Charles and Camilla at White House for "glamourous black-tie dinner."

Written By: McDonald on 11/02/05 at 1:22 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051102/en_afp/usbritainroyals;_ylt=AhpTqsO1wTL2DNqysxALrQBvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

Why is the president wasting time with this $h!t? Glamourous black-tie dinners with royalty while 40,000 kids get dropped from the school lunch programme?

How can this sort of indignant galantry be defended? We are in the midst of more than one national crisis here, if he wants to have his friends, the prince and the duchess, over for dinner, he should do it during one of his famous vacations (on his own f**king dime!!!)! He sure takes enough of them.

Subject: Re: Charles and Camilla at White House for "glamourous black-tie dinner."

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/02/05 at 1:29 pm

"Charles and Camilla paid a sombre tribute to the victims of the September 11, 2001 attacks in New York during a Tuesday visit to Ground Zero -- the sight of the felled World Trade Center.

The couple laid a bouquet of flowers and a card, hand-written by the prince, that read: "In enduring memory of our shared grief."

What a crock of sh!t. He's never endured any grief in his silver spoon life.

Personally, i'd have no objection to their plane going down over the atlantic on the way back. It would save the British Taxpayer several million pounds.

"Camilla has reportedly brought 50 dresses on the trip and has five full-time aides to help her project the right image."

Oh I wonder with who's money she purchased those  ::)

Subject: Re: Charles and Camilla at White House for "glamourous black-tie dinner."

Written By: McDonald on 11/02/05 at 1:32 pm

I'm not sure with whose money, but I know that much of the royals' expenditures are from their own private stash of cash. The royal family, besides being paid a salary, is independently wealthy (as far as I know).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/05 at 1:46 pm

Big whoop!  ::)

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/05 at 2:39 pm

I'm not sure with whose money, but I know that much of the royals' expenditures are from their own private stash of cash. The royal family, besides being paid a salary, is independently wealthy (as far as I know).

They are very wealthy, but they also get paid a tax supported salary.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/02/05 at 3:41 pm

They are very wealthy, but they also get paid a tax supported salary.

Correct.. they also don't pay taxes to a certian degree.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/05 at 5:58 pm

They said on the news that 13 were seated for dinner.  That is a serious social faux pas.  Any old school maven would know that that is the number seated at the last supper and is very bad luck, being an evangelical georgie should have been aware of that, provided of course that he really is and his professed religion is more than just a political ploy. Of course bad luck for them could mean good luck for us.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/05 at 7:34 pm

They said on the news that 13 were seated for dinner.  That is a serious social faux pas.  Any old school maven would know that that is the number seated at the last supper and is very bad luck, being an evangelical georgie should have been aware of that, provided of course that he really is and his professed religion is more than just a political ploy. Of course bad luck for them could mean good luck for us.

It depends on how you look at it. In a coven, 13 is good luck.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/05 at 8:18 pm

It depends on how you look at it. In a coven, 13 is good luck.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

So I guess it's good for us, bad for them.  Hot cha!!!!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/05 at 12:49 am

There's really not much for the British royals to do anymore, except get into trouble and attend fancy functions.  Prince Charles likes to do a good deed or two now and again.  He's here with an admonition for us Americans to be more tolerant and more respectful of Muslims.  Sort of in the spirit of his father, Prince Philip.  The Royal Pater had some kind and understanding things to say about certain races and ethnic groups, I seem to recall!
:D

Written By: Billy Florio on 11/03/05 at 1:56 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051102/en_afp/usbritainroyals;_ylt=AhpTqsO1wTL2DNqysxALrQBvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

Why is the president wasting time with this $h!t? Glamourous black-tie dinners with royalty while 40,000 kids get dropped from the school lunch programme?

How can this sort of indignant galantry be defended? We are in the midst of more than one national crisis here, if he wants to have his friends, the prince and the duchess, over for dinner, he should do it during one of his famous vacations (on his own f**king dime!!!)! He sure takes enough of them.

because it is the presidents job to receive foreign representitives and diplomats. 

Written By: McDonald on 11/03/05 at 2:28 am

because it is the presidents job to receive foreign representitives and diplomats. 

Thank you, Professor William. Until just now, I was totally unaware of that. This also seems to be the only part of his job he's actually good at... Eating and entertaining on the American public's dime.

I don't pretend to know exactly how much this is going to cost, because you see I've never held a glamourous black-tie dinner party myself  ;), but I'm positive I'd rather see the money spent on things this country actually needs. Like lunches for poor kids, but that's just me. Just my own personal gripe. I'm glad to see you have your priorities straight though. :)

Written By: Tia on 11/03/05 at 7:02 am

Big whoop!  ::)

Cat

yeah, blee bla blue. dey illin'.

Written By: Bobby on 11/03/05 at 11:46 am

Yet the pompous idiot wants us to pay more for the food we eat! He has never had to pay for anything in his life.

Hold me back, Andy or I'll take a swing for him.  >:( ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/03/05 at 1:31 pm

Yet the pompous idiot wants us to pay more for the food we eat! He has never had to pay for anything in his life.

Exactly. Vive La Revolution!

I say, send em back to Germany, without their heads.

Written By: Tia on 11/03/05 at 2:08 pm

i had a lot of troubles with, was it the senator of lousiana, or babineaux? but when she said that she was gonna have to "punch" the next federal official who blamed the local officials in NO for the pee-poor emergency response, she got a lot of points from me, ahthehyewwhot.

Written By: Mushroom on 11/03/05 at 5:40 pm

To pay "devils advocate" on the tax thing, I also know that a lot of their "assets" are part of the "public trust".  A lot of the personal property owned by the Royal Family is used for public acess (like parks and museums), and a lot of the other items are in museums.

But there are also people looking into the salary of the Royals, and the taxes they are not paying.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,1401838,00.html

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/11/05 at 2:04 pm

To pay "devils advocate" on the tax thing, I also know that a lot of their "assets" are part of the "public trust".  A lot of the personal property owned by the Royal Family is used for public acess (like parks and museums), and a lot of the other items are in museums.

But there are also people looking into the salary of the Royals, and the taxes they are not paying.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,1401838,00.html

Ya know.

I have a feeling you'll agree with me on this one. Would you rather be able to walk around a park or pay less taxes?

There are plenty of beautiful parks in England, no need to pay for the privilege of walking around one, or for that matter the privilege of walking around a stately home.

Check for new replies or respond here...