» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Why all the violence in France...it's gone too far and needs to STOP!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/05/05 at 10:20 pm

Why all this violence, when violence solves NOTHING?
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051103223709990011&ncid=NWS00010000000001
I have to wonder whether the French have lost their minds!

Subject: Re: Why all the violence in France...it's gone too far and needs to STOP!

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/06/05 at 1:07 am

Why all this violence, when violence solves NOTHING?
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051103223709990011&ncid=NWS00010000000001
I have to wonder whether the French have lost their minds!

They aren't the French though  ;)

This will only go on so long. The French police actually know how to deal with this kind of thing.. shoot them and kill them.
Vive La Francais.

Subject: Re: Why all the violence in France...it's gone too far and needs to STOP!

Written By: Paul on 11/06/05 at 1:46 pm

The French police actually know how to deal with this kind of thing.. shoot them and kill them.

Pity they never thought of that before they got invaded by some Nazis years ago...

Vive la cowardice...!!

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/06/05 at 1:47 pm

Pity they never thought of that before they got invaded by some Nazis years ago...

Vive la cowardice...!!

;D

Of course, we can say that about pretty much everyone. Smug superiority is marvelous eh  ;D

Written By: Paul on 11/06/05 at 1:48 pm

Smug superiority is marvelous eh  ;D

Being surrounded by water tends to help, too...!!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/06/05 at 3:29 pm

The rioters are immigrants from northern African.  When I was in Paris way back in 1974 I was mistaken
for a northern African a couple of times and I have to say was treated somewhat abominably until I opened my mouth and they realized I was an American, whole different story, they love American blacks in Paris, they think we are all from Harlem and are like Josephine Baker.  I'm not sure of the immigrant status either because many, I believe, are from French colonies, or places like Algeria which was a French holding long enough for an identity to form.  "It's case of we aren't gonna take it anymore" but I'm afraid it will not do them any good, it can only do harm to everyone.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/06/05 at 4:07 pm

"It's case of we aren't gonna take it anymore" but I'm afraid it will not do them any good, it can only do harm to everyone.

That's what i said whilst watching the news.. It's like well your certianly not gonna be wanted in the city centres now are ya  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/05 at 4:50 pm

Vive la cowardice...!!

I'm afraid the French forces could have fought the Nazi war machine with more  vigor and persistence, but the huns would still kick their butts.  An extended campaign against the German invasion would mean lots and lots more dead Frenchmen.  If you're response to that is "good!"  then you're a jerk!

The Vichy government thing, well that's a different kettle o' fish.

Regarding the violence du jour---I think the lesson here is, if you don't invade other countries, oppress their cultures, and exploit their people, the people from the other countries are not so likely in subsequent decades to end up throwing Molotov cocktails in your principle cities.
I know, I know, "you liberal peaceniks and your Blame France First mentality."
;D

Written By: McDonald on 11/06/05 at 4:51 pm

Then again, now the whole world knows that the French have an issue with racism, and now they are going to have to deal with it under the watchful global eye.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/06/05 at 5:00 pm

I agree, it has to end.

Written By: Ophrah on 11/07/05 at 2:36 pm

Violence is isn't always about trying to solve something.  Sometimes it's just a way to say something, kind of like telling someone off, but with higher stakes.  Sometimes it's a way to get something, like self-esteem or respect, from showing you're a tough mutha....  It's can be hard to deal with violence effectively if you don't understand what it's about.

Check for new replies or respond here...