» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Why can't you talk about him too?

Written By: Meghan88 on 11/10/05 at 6:44 pm

I keep hearing people talk about Hillary Clinton running for President in '08, Republicans & Democrats alike....but why isn't anybody talking about Mark Warner? He's a frontrunner too in the democratic party for President.  Personally, I think he is a much stronger candidate b/c he can reach out to more people and he has a better audience. A lot of people also describe him as being "Bill Clinton-esque"....that could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it...If he does without the Monicas and Lewinskys, I'd say its definetly a good thing and that I'm definetly down with him.........goshhhhh I cant wait for the presidential election! Its gonna be one hell of a ride.

MARK R. WARNER for PRESIDENT 2008.

..I hope that I can get stronger support for him...he definetly deserves the chance.

Subject: Re: Why can't you talk about him too?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/10/05 at 6:49 pm

I'd rather see Warner than Hillary.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a woman president, but PLEASE, no Hillary and no Condi!  Hillary is a f**king unprincipled sell-out.  She'd sell her grandmother for a nickel.  Shameless!
::)

Written By: Meghan88 on 11/10/05 at 7:00 pm

Yes..I would hate to see Condi Rice run for president....My God, she has to be the last resort...Can u imagine what this country would be like if Condi was president? It'd be the worst place to be at.....besides hell.

Written By: Ophrah on 11/10/05 at 7:16 pm

All the talk about Hillary and Condi is embarrassing.  If either of these are even in the top 10 of the strongest possible candidates for either party, the country is in a sorry state.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/05 at 12:29 pm

The problem I have if either Hillary or Condi ran, people will play the "feminist" or the "racist" card. "Oh, you don't like her because she is a woman" or "You don't like her because she is black." Black, white, purple, it doesn't matter. I think both of these women-regardless of their abilities, intellegence, race, religion, etc, are just plain b!tches.

Don't get me wrong-I would also love to see a woman (no matter what race they are) run the show. I think there are many women who would do a fantastic job.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 11/11/05 at 12:48 pm

I keep hearing people talk about Hillary Clinton running for President in '08, Republicans & Democrats alike....but why isn't anybody talking about Mark Warner? He's a frontrunner too in the democratic party for President.  Personally, I think he is a much stronger candidate b/c he can reach out to more people and he has a better audience. A lot of people also describe him as being "Bill Clinton-esque"....that could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it...If he does without the Monicas and Lewinskys, I'd say its definetly a good thing and that I'm definetly down with him.........goshhhhh I cant wait for the presidential election! Its gonna be one hell of a ride.

MARK R. WARNER for PRESIDENT 2008.

..I hope that I can get stronger support for him...he definetly deserves the chance.

a lot of people here in Virginia are big on mark warner, yeah. He seems like a good choice, I like joe biden myself, but I doubt he'll run. We should draft him.

As for hil, man, I dislike her. She was as gungho for the war as anyone, man! Although it's funny the hives she causes in the right wing. They're obsessed -- obsessed! -- with the idea she might be a lesbian. they write whole books about it, speculating breathlessly over whether she might be a lesbian. I for one am all for having a lesbian president, but hil ain't the one for my money.

anyway, I just think the far right is just too backward to ever go for anyone other than a white-haired caucasian male. They're really stuck in a rut on that.

Written By: Ophrah on 11/11/05 at 2:18 pm

The problem I have if either Hillary or Condi ran, people will play the "feminist" or the "racist" card. "Oh, you don't like her because she is a woman" or "You don't like her because she is black." Black, white, purple, it doesn't matter. I think both of these women-regardless of their abilities, intellegence, race, religion, etc, are just plain b!tches.

Don't get me wrong-I would also love to see a woman (no matter what race they are) run the show. I think there are many women who would do a fantastic job.

Cat

I don't think that needs to be a problem.  There's a lot of racism and sexism all over, so people will sometimes misinterpret people's motives.  If we let ourselves be victimized by that, that's a shame -- those kinds of accusations can be good opportunities for dialogue.  But we have to be willing to give up being defensive about it and understand where the other person's coming from.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/11/05 at 3:36 pm

Personally, I think all  this speculation is a bit premature.  The first focus needs to be "turning" either the Senate, the House, or both.  The view from the North Country is that Vermont will replace Jim Jeffords (thank you Jim) with Bernie Sanders and Sanders with Peter Welch, so we will do our part.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/05 at 3:39 pm

They're obsessed -- obsessed! -- with the idea she might be a lesbian.

I'd love to have a lesbian president (Madame President and the First Lady walk the red carpet), but not Hillary!
:P

Written By: Tia on 11/11/05 at 3:43 pm

I'd love to have a lesbian president (Madame President and the First Lady walk the red carpet), but not Hillary!
:P

I know there's barney frank and a couple other out gay guys in congress, but are there any out lesbians on the political scene? I can't think of any. and yes, we're ready for a gay white house, by gawd. these straight white guys are effin' it all up. And I say that as a straight white guy!

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/11/05 at 4:24 pm

I know there's barney frank and a couple other out gay guys in congress, but are there any out lesbians on the political scene? I can't think of any. and yes, we're ready for a gay white house, by gawd. these straight white guys are effin' it all up. And I say that as a straight white guy!

Frankly (Barnilyly?) I coiuld care less about either the sexual orientation or the gender of the next president as long as he/she is "with me" on the policies that impact my life and the lives of millions of other Americans.  Thats the real test.

Written By: Meghan88 on 11/11/05 at 5:17 pm

a lot of people here in Virginia are big on mark warner, yeah. He seems like a good choice, I like joe biden myself, but I doubt he'll run. We should draft him.

As for hil, man, I dislike her. She was as gungho for the war as anyone, man! Although it's funny the hives she causes in the right wing. They're obsessed -- obsessed! -- with the idea she might be a lesbian. they write whole books about it, speculating breathlessly over whether she might be a lesbian. I for one am all for having a lesbian president, but hil ain't the one for my money.

anyway, I just think the far right is just too backward to ever go for anyone other than a white-haired caucasian male. They're really stuck in a rut on that.

Yeah thats so true...I dont really have an opinion on Hilary, I've never quite understood her. And I've never heard of the whole lesbian theory...lol, that surprised me.
I think another thing we need to be focused on is getting democratic control of Congress...thats a huge factor.

Written By: Tia on 11/11/05 at 5:23 pm

Yeah thats so true...I dont really have an opinion on Hilary, I've never quite understood her. And I've never heard of the whole lesbian theory...lol, that surprised me.
I think another thing we need to be focused on is getting democratic control of Congress...thats a huge factor.

I found out about it in a review of this klein book in the new Yorker, I think it was? It was pretty dang funny, the review...

http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/otherfamouslesbians/a/HillaryClinton.htm

Written By: Billy Florio on 11/12/05 at 6:14 pm

Mark Warner would be the smartest canditate if the Dems want to win...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/12/05 at 7:07 pm

Barney Frank's a good man!  He doesn't represent my district (that's John Olver), but I'd be proud to call him my congressman if he did. 

Check for new replies or respond here...