» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: MAN ON DOG?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/14/05 at 2:55 pm

More than two and a half years ago, the nation laughed as pro-family crusader Rick Santorum predicted the consequences of legalized gay marriage: If man-on-man marriage was sanctified, man-on-child and man-on-dog unions might not be far behind.

Those who jeered Santorum were silenced last Tuesday. Man-on-dog isn’t legal just yet, but if the Massachusetts State Legislature has its way, it might be soon. On November 1, cheerleading for bestiality was just one of a string of stunning pieces of legislation that converged on the legislature’s judiciary committee in a bizarre, post-Halloween orgy. The imminent collapse of the state cannot be far behind.

Full story.

Subject: Re: MAN ON DOG?

Written By: Tia on 11/14/05 at 3:16 pm

More than two and a half years ago, the nation laughed as pro-family crusader Rick Santorum predicted the consequences of legalized gay marriage: If man-on-man marriage was sanctified, man-on-child and man-on-dog unions might not be far behind.

Those who jeered Santorum were silenced last Tuesday. Man-on-dog isn’t legal just yet, but if the Massachusetts State Legislature has its way, it might be soon. On November 1, cheerleading for bestiality was just one of a string of stunning pieces of legislation that converged on the legislature’s judiciary committee in a bizarre, post-Halloween orgy. The imminent collapse of the state cannot be far behind.

Full story.

My office filter won't let me follow this link, but I always found this conflation of humans and non-humans on rick santorum's part offensive in the extreme. Obviously two humans of the same gender can love each other in a way that a human and nonhuman cannot, but whatever. Santorum's a bigoted fool so I really don't expect anything better from him.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/14/05 at 3:20 pm

Seems to me that one might be a bit suspicious of people who are obsessed with this sort of thing.  Isn't Santorum also a sheep farmer?  ;)

Written By: Tia on 11/14/05 at 3:21 pm

Seems to me that one might be a bit suspicious of people who are obsessed with this sort of thing.

Written By: Ophrah on 11/14/05 at 3:22 pm

Hardee har har, more hi-jinks from those gay-loving freaks in Massachusetts, right? Never mind that the whole point is to overturn a law that criminalizes sexual behavior between consenting adults, and that the original statute formally equates that kind of behavior to sexual behavior between human and animals. Never mind that the new law still makes it a crime to have sex with a dog, oh no --that's beside the point, which is: ;Liberal freaks in Massachusetts are starting to make those wackos in San Francisco look like conservative Republicans, har-dee-har-har, that's a good one, Ralph!
::) ; ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/14/05 at 4:35 pm

As one who lives her life in Massachusetts I can say with authority that since the advent of  marriage
equality this past year, that my life, and the lives of my friends, family, and neighbors, hasn't changed
at all.  No punishment by the Christian god, I guess he was to busy with hurricanes and tornadoes down
in the Bible Belt.  Jeez, I wonder what they must have been doing?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/05 at 5:20 pm

That is the most ridiculous argument against gay marriage as I ever heard. Let's not have this because it MAY lead to that. Let's not have microwave ovens because someone MAY put something in there that isn't supposed to be. Let's invade a country because they MAY have WMD that they could use against us someday.  ::) ::) ::)

Cat

Written By: Tia on 11/14/05 at 5:24 pm

It's an ignorance bordering on the ugliest form of bigotry. It's downright primitive. Santorum is such a knuckledragger, that one. This kinda garbage makes me nuts.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/14/05 at 5:28 pm

Sure. Because a dog can consent in the same way an adult human can.  ::)

That is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard against same-sex marriage.

Written By: Harmonica on 11/14/05 at 9:36 pm

Talk is cheap, I wanna see it happen.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/05 at 9:54 pm

Yeah, you can lead a horse to water but, uh....
:-X

Iffen I didn't miss something man-dog love association did not propose the legalisation of human-canine matrimony.  On the other hand, ask yourselves who is more faithful to you, your dog or your significant other?

Furthermore, If I had a daughter, I'd rather see her marry a Golden Retriever than the likes of Rick Santorum.  The issue's still a tossup for me!
:D

Written By: IanWinn on 11/15/05 at 4:21 am

Oh, come on!

People who are so obsessed with sex that they cannot confine themselves to their own species deserves no sympathy.  Sorry to be blunt about it, but there's always Rosie Palm and her five daughters, guys!  (Sorry, girls, but I'm not aware of the feminine version).

The only thing (marginally) worse than someone who has sex with an animal is someone who has sex with a child.

People who do such a thing are debasing themselves; they are willingly lowering themselves below the level of an animal.  If you're not better than an animal, then you ought to be treated as one.

Wake up and smell reality; you are better than animals.  Act like it.

Written By: Tia on 11/15/05 at 10:00 am

Oh, come on!

People who are so obsessed with sex that they cannot confine themselves to their own species deserves no sympathy.

Written By: Tia on 11/15/05 at 10:37 am

i had a very sad dream about my childhood dog last night. :(

Written By: IanWinn on 11/15/05 at 1:16 pm

i'm in total agreement, of course. i'm not sure you're gonna find a formidable pro-bestiality lobby here to take on, ian!  ;)

I hope not...I certainly don't expect one.

Peace!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/15/05 at 2:27 pm

i had a very sad dream about my childhood dog last night. :(

Do you want to tell me about it?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Tia on 11/15/05 at 2:49 pm

Do you want to tell me about it?

Check for new replies or respond here...