» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Massachusetts House nixes Romney's Death Penalty bill

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/16/05 at 1:47 pm

http://www.masslive.com/news/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-0/113213120569010.xml&coll=1

Governor Mitt Romney keeps pushing for capital punishment in the Bay State, but legislators keep saying no.  This time the death penalty bill lost by a bigger margin than last time.
If I were in the legislature, I'd say, "I'll for for the bill only if Romeny tests the equipment on himself!"
;D

Subject: Re: Massachusetts House nixes Romney's Death Penalty bill

Written By: Ophrah on 11/16/05 at 1:51 pm

Charming sentiment, Max.  Don't hate the haters.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/16/05 at 2:01 pm

Charming sentiment, Max.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/16/05 at 3:16 pm

http://www.masslive.com/news/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-0/113213120569010.xml&coll=1

Governor Mitt Romney keeps pushing for capital punishment in the Bay State, but legislators keep saying no.  This time the death penalty bill lost by a bigger margin than last time.
If I were in the legislature, I'd say, "I'll for for the bill only if Romeny tests the equipment on himself!"
;D

He's just doing it so he looks cool in front of his republican buddies when he runs on '08.  I really hope people come to their senses and vote this guy out in '06 so he doesn't get two years of paid time for campaigning and bad mouthing the state.  His latest comment equating Kennedy and Kerry with the Klan was nice and tasteless, and didn't seem to bring any complaints from the right-wingers who cry when one of their own are put down in such a fashion.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/16/05 at 3:24 pm

Governor Mitt Romney keeps pushing for capital punishment in the Bay State, but legislators keep saying no.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/16/05 at 4:42 pm

Did anyone really expect the Massachusetts legislature, with a former criminal defense attorney as speaker of the house, to pass a bill to legalise the death penalty?  Please.  Romney probably knew that too.  100% of Massachusetts' convicted serial murderers approve, I bet.

Texas is making up for it though.  Executing a nation-high 18 just last night with another death row inmate scheduled for tonight.

Well they need to pick up more slack then, the use of the death penalty is way down this year.  The number of overturned death row convictions is way up too. 

There is talk he won't even run in 2006, that way he won't risk losing and thus dramatically lowering his chances should he run in 2008.  Unless he announced and I didn't hear about it.

Massachusetts is under the rule of the Kennedy-Kerry klan or KKK.  ;D

Somebody else said that I thought, and Romney brushed it off.

He hasn't announced either way, which really does a diservice to his own party.  Romney said it as the introduction to a speech he gave to a conservative group to a round of applause.  I don't think there's any risk he'd lose in 06.  I think it's almost certain at this point.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/16/05 at 11:11 pm

He's just doing it so he looks cool in front of his republican buddies when he runs on '08.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/16/05 at 11:15 pm

Did anyone really expect the Massachusetts legislature, with a former criminal defense attorney as speaker of the house, to pass a bill to legalise the death penalty?

Written By: danootaandme on 11/17/05 at 8:01 am

But the Dems have to give us a candidate worth voting for.  Not a non-entity from Springfield, and not an old crook on Beacon Hill since John Adams was a pageboy!

Well this guy has thrown his hat into the arena, but you never hear about him.  I know a few of people who have
spoken with him and like him, but the media and  "Old Boy" Dems have been ignoring him.  Wonder why  ::)

www.devalpatrick.com/bio.cfm

{http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2005/01/17/1105949741_9381.jpg}

Written By: Ophrah on 11/18/05 at 11:56 am

Well this guy has thrown his hat into the arena, but you never hear about him.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/18/05 at 1:14 pm

Well this guy has thrown his hat into the arena, but you never hear about him.  I know a few of people who have
spoken with him and like him, but the media and  "Old Boy" Dems have been ignoring him.  Wonder why  ::)

www.devalpatrick.com/bio.cfm

{http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2005/01/17/1105949741_9381.jpg}

The "old boy" Democrats are just trying to hang onto what little power they have in their own party at this point.  He needs a grass-roots movement like Dean and just bypass the old party masters entirely.  It's how Dean got as far as he did in the first place.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/18/05 at 7:14 pm

The "old boy" Democrats are just trying to hang onto what little power they have in their own party at this point.

Check for new replies or respond here...