» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Here's the wacko Earth Liberation Front website link...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/25/05 at 9:02 pm

Obviously the ELF does not think that two wrongs don't make it right!...
http://www.earthliberationfront.com/index.htm

Violence does NOT do a dam thing to help the environment!

Subject: Re: Here's the wacko Earth Liberation Front website link...

Written By: saver on 11/25/05 at 11:06 pm

Obviously the ELF does not think that two wrongs don't make it right!...
http://www.earthliberationfront.com/index.htm

Violence does NOT do a dam thing to help the environment!

There is also a LOT to be said about the SIERRA CLUB when even their own past president is abhorred by their actions!
Want more ask...i 'll direct you..

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/26/05 at 3:25 am

The Heritage Foundation-types could hardly ask for a better foe than E.L.F.  They're virtually powerless.  Occasionally they set fire to an exurban housing tract or SUVs at a dealership, but that's about it.  Then Limbaugh and Hannity can go on about how "those environmental whackos," as though anybody who doesn't support Arctic drilling is a terrorist!
::)

Written By: Tia on 11/26/05 at 5:14 am

yeah, it's a PR coup for the right. never mind that teddy roosevelt was an environmentalist! man, conservatism has really come a long way -- down.

problem is, we're ALL gonna havta breathe the fumes out ya'll's suvs. you know what i hate? when i park my regular sanity-sized passenger car in a nice spot with empty spots on both sides and then when i come back out some ted-nugent-listenin' dimwits have parked SUVs on either side of me and i can't get out of my parking spot without running the risk of having a fender-bender because now i can't SEE anything! cuzza their ridiculously huge SUVs.

makes me wanna go ELF on they a$$, i tell ya.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/26/05 at 5:33 am

ted-nugent-listenin'

Hey, I like Ted Nugent.

Nugent is running for governor of Michigan too.

Written By: Mushroom on 11/26/05 at 10:10 am

yeah, it's a PR coup for the right. never mind that teddy roosevelt was an environmentalist! man, conservatism has really come a long way -- down.

problem is, we're ALL gonna havta breathe the fumes out ya'll's suvs. you know what i hate? when i park my regular sanity-sized passenger car in a nice spot with empty spots on both sides and then when i come back out some ted-nugent-listenin' dimwits have parked SUVs on either side of me and i can't get out of my parking spot without running the risk of having a fender-bender because now i can't SEE anything! cuzza their ridiculously huge SUVs.

makes me wanna go ELF on they a$$, i tell ya.

The Heritage Foundation-types could hardly ask for a better foe than E.L.F.  They're virtually powerless.  Occasionally they set fire to an exurban housing tract or SUVs at a dealership, but that's about it.  Then Limbaugh and Hannity can go on about how "those environmental whackos," as though anybody who doesn't support Arctic drilling is a terrorist!
::)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-md.arson23nov23,1,187466.story?coll=bal-local-headlines

http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=20051117065607822

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/10/60minutes/main1036067.shtml

http://www.yubanet.com/artman/publish/article_27803.shtml

This is not a protest group, this is a terrorist organization.  It is a large difference between protesting drilling in ANWAR and in destroying homes simply because you think they should not be where they are.

Personally, I do not like SUVs myself.  I think they should be illegal, unless you have a specific need for a large cargo vehicle with 4 wheel drive.  For a long time I thought they should require a CDL to operate, and be registered ad commercial vehicles.  Maybe if we make those who own them pay more in road taxes, that will kill their use.

I have nothing against the farmer who uses one, or somebody like my mother, who used hers in the winter because her road was one of the last ones plowed in the county.  My problem is the "soccer mom", who wants to drive one to keep her kids safe.  Never mind that if she hits me because her kids distract her, my odds of living go down drastically.

Written By: Tia on 11/26/05 at 1:24 pm

Hey, I like Ted Nugent.

Nugent is running for governor of Michigan too.

he did some festival with pat travers a little while back. i'm a sucker for pat "boom boom out go the lights" travers.

http://www.skullbonepark.com/nugent.htm

the nooj is just annoying when he talks about politics! but he does, however, have a really great guitar.

http://www.skullbonepark.com/nugent.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/26/05 at 1:52 pm

he did some festival with pat travers a little while back. i'm a sucker for pat "boom boom out go the lights" travers.

http://www.skullbonepark.com/nugent.htm

the nooj is just annoying when he talks about politics! but he does, however, have a really great guitar.

http://www.skullbonepark.com/nugent.jpg

Only one thing to do....have Michigan boy Michael Moore come home and run against the Nuge!
;D
The Nuge likes to hype himself as this wildman-hunter who lives way out in the bush, but he lives in Jackson.  That's not so far you can't slip into Ann Arbor for a latte now again!
There's sort of red state/blue state microcosm in Michigan.  It's a huge state, but there are huge swaths of it where nobody lives.  Then you've got greater Detroit, Flint, Lansing, Saginaw, you know rustbelt cities with major problems.  These are the population centers.  They're not gonna go for the Nuge.  I don't think the progressives at Ann Arbor, or the snobs at Grosse Point will be too psyched about him either.  They'll love the Nuge in U.P., eh?

Written By: Tia on 11/26/05 at 1:54 pm

i did a google search to come up with that picture of that great guitar, and half the image results were the nooj hunched over some or another bloodied and dismembered deer carcass. ugh. so NOT charming.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/26/05 at 2:11 pm

i did a google search to come up with that picture of that great guitar, and half the image results were the nooj hunched over some or another bloodied and dismembered deer carcass. ugh. so NOT charming.

Hey, don't demonize the Nuge!  A Michagan deer is a thousand times more likely to get killed by a car in than Ted Nugent's gun!
:o

Written By: Tia on 11/26/05 at 2:16 pm

Hey, don't demonize the Nuge!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/27/05 at 4:19 am

What did you expect?

Written By: Davester on 11/27/05 at 4:26 am

Nooj lives by his beliefs. He must be a God. He has Hindu tendencies and doesn't even know it... :P

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/27/05 at 8:24 am

The Nuge should come here to New Jersey...to help this state with our deer overpopulation problem. We have lots of deer here, it's so bad that there are deer in people's backyards...and even roaming the streets in some NJ towns!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/27/05 at 9:02 am

The Nuge should come here to New Jersey...to help this state with our deer overpopulation problem. We have lots of deer here, it's so bad that there are deer in people's backyards...and even roaming the streets in some NJ towns!

Ted Nugent and TNUSA are busy in New Jersey right now fighting to legalize bear hunting in that state.

Written By: McDonald on 11/29/05 at 1:21 pm

man, conservatism has really come a long way -- down.

;D Ain't it the truth...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/30/05 at 1:57 pm

;D Ain't it the truth...
I think people need to practice what they preach. Violence is not the way to bring about change. Civil disobedience, as well as VOTING for candidates who have a proven 'environmentally friendly' record..also doing what one can at home or at work to be 'green'..that's what works.

Written By: Tia on 11/30/05 at 2:11 pm

I think people need to practice what they preach. Violence is not the way to bring about change. Civil disobedience, as well as VOTING for candidates who have a proven 'environmentally friendly' record..also doing what one can at home or at work to be 'green'..that's what works.

ah yes, the old state monopoly on violence. That only works if the state isn't autocratic.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/04/05 at 9:53 pm

Earth First is a nutjob bunch too!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/05 at 11:59 pm

Earth First is a nutjob bunch too!

Earth First is like PETA.  They make some good points, but then they get all dogmatic, self-righteous, and judgmental, and any semi-sane person just gets turned off.

Check for new replies or respond here...