» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: BIGGEST FOOLS in the country now in Sacramento..

Written By: saver on 11/26/05 at 11:21 pm

I believe ! I believe!

I believe we have our latest troop of FOOLS inSacramento Californai where people believe a statue is CRYING TEARS OF BLOOD!!!

Oh, that's right they're a blue state*  aside from the political commentary...

The church where the statue is found says they will take it slow investigating...(YEAH THEY NEED THE MONEY, THEY WANT TO GET THE FOCUS OFF OF THE PRIEST STORIES)...

This happens throughout the world occassionally mostly hoaxes or natural causes..DOESN'T SOMEONE WANT TO INTERJECT THAT AS A REASON?

WHERE ARE THE SECURITY CAMERAS FOCUSED ON THAT LOT?

My guess someone rubbed a paintball around the eyes etc...
I would love to hear the 'scientists' proclaimation: It's fruit juice, paint, it did NOT come out of the statue..it was tested.

Nothing like seeing poor fools crying with a cross in their hands using religion as a crutch...no matter how bad shape the world is in, the SAINTS would be better off appearing in VEGAS  ..(MORE COVERAGE THAT WAY)..

My hope on cases like these is that they give just as much time to show the results that it is a fake to those they interviewed and who wept! :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Subject: Re: BIGGEST FOOLS in the country now in Sacramento..

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/27/05 at 5:57 pm

I believe it's all HOGWASH,the Roman Catholic Church as well as all the claimed 'miracles' like seeing Jesus' face on a grilled cheese sandwich, piece of toast, etc...

I have to wonder if the 'healings' at Lourdes, France are real or mind-over-matter too.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/27/05 at 5:59 pm

I might as well claim that a UFO landed in my condo's parking lot..and that I have extraterrestrials living with me!!

Written By: STAR70 on 11/30/05 at 5:36 pm

Suck-ramento is the red-county backwater of California

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/30/05 at 8:13 pm

Yeah..those fools in Sacramento need to take their Haldol.

:D    Seriously, this is just as silly as The Rapture Index!  :D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/01/05 at 11:21 am

Suck-ramento is the red-county backwater of California

Oh that is bull.  These "miracles" are being seen by people around the world, in many different areas.

You're telling me that everyone at a ROMAN CATHOLIC church in a CITY in CALIFORNIA is conservative?

Written By: STAR70 on 12/01/05 at 6:00 pm

Oh that is bull.  These "miracles" are being seen by people around the world, in many different areas.

You're telling me that everyone at a ROMAN CATHOLIC church in a CITY in CALIFORNIA is conservative?

YUP!!! Remeber, this is a Vietnamese Catholic church, whose  parishoners once suppoeted that wacko Ngo Dim Diem back in their native land; and in fact Suck-ramento is part of the San Joaquin Valley, the socio-economic backwoods, backward, backwater of California.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/05/05 at 9:32 pm

I left the Roman Catholic church because of how much IMO 'pomp and ceremony' there is...also I have a hard time with Roman Catholic churches raffling off 'baskets of cheer' that usually consist of bottles of ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES...and allowing beer to be served at their functions. And their belief in praying to the saints rather than DIRECTLY to God...And a lot of parishoners at those churches are so cold and not friendly to newcomers.

I now go to a Protestant church, Cornerstone Ministries in Ocean City, NJ, when I feel well enough to go.

Written By: Mushroom on 12/06/05 at 11:27 am

YUP!!! Remeber, this is a Vietnamese Catholic church, whose

Written By: STAR70 on 12/07/05 at 6:31 pm

Hmmm, last time I checked, it was the Roman Catholic Church.  I guess the Vietnamese Catholic Church is a new sect.

that's because when the French empire colonized the area now known as Vietnam, they imposed Catholicism upon the native Vietnamese.

"It was first noticed more than a week ago, when a priest at the Vietnamese Catholic Martyrs Church spotted a stain on the statue's face and wiped it away."

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051126182709990003&ncid=NWS00010000000001

And I am sure that like any other group, you will find those in that church that voted against him.  And I would hardly call Sacramento a "socio-econimic backwater".  The SJ Valley only covers like 65% of the state, and is where the vast majority of the agriculture comes from.

And California itself has a strange dichotomy when it comes to politics.  They for the most part are very Democrat.  I can't remember the last time the Republicans had even close to a majority in the state legislature.  However, to offset that they more times then not vote a Republican as Governor.  In fact, in recent years the trend has been to elect 1 Democrat, then 2 Republicans.  That trend has worked pretty much since 1931.

In fact, the only time a Republican Governor was not preceeded or followed by another Republican was in 1967-1975, when he was preceeded by Ed Brown, and followed by his son, Jerry Brown.

And the same thing happens on the National Level.  More often then not, they elect Democrat Senators.  But those sent to the House are pretty evenly split between parties.  And when it comes to President, they vote Democrat more often then Republican.

In fact, when it comes to "Red Vs. Blue" maps, this is my favorite one.  It breaks areas down by county, not by state.  This gives a much better idea.  And if you notice, far more areas are "purple" then "red" or "blue".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:2004_US_elections_purple_counties.png

And while the central area of California may be more "red", the populated areas "San Francisco, LA, Sacramento" are most definately "blue".

actually the following maps more acurately demonstrate the right wing nature of the San Joaquin Valley. Blue represents the pro-Republican vote for Props 74-77 sponsored by Scharzenegger. Prop 73, endorsed by hard core Christians, would have required 48 hours' parental notification for minors seeking abortion, and blue represents yes on this one.

http://vote2005.ss.ca.gov/Returns/prop/00.htm

and according to FBI stats the San Joaquin Valley has DOUBLE the crime, dropout, and poverty rates as the rest of California, with half as many physicians per capita, so I would imagine it's safe to say that it'sthe backward, backwoods, socio-economic backwater of California.

www.calregions.org/statepolicy/conversations/CentralSanJoaquinValley.pdf 

Written By: Mushroom on 12/08/05 at 1:07 pm

and according to FBI stats the San Joaquin Valley has DOUBLE the crime, dropout, and poverty rates as the rest of California, with half as many physicians per capita, so I would imagine it's safe to say that it'sthe backward, backwoods, socio-economic backwater of California.

And remember, we are talking about an area that covers over half of the state.  And population wise, it covers less then 1/3 of the population.  With the exception of Bakersfield, Fresno and Sacramento, there are almost no towns with a population of more then 50,000.  When you compare that area to say LA or San Francisco, it is like trying to compare New York City and Idaho.

And that stat about doctors, big deal!  Small towns nationwide have had problems getting doctors for decades.  That is simply because doctors (like any other profession) go to where the money is.  If you are a doctor, are you going to go to LA where you can make $200k+ a year, or Los Ba

Written By: STAR70 on 12/08/05 at 5:19 pm

And remember, we are talking about an area that covers over half of the state.  And population wise, it covers less then 1/3 of the population.  With the exception of Bakersfield, Fresno and Sacramento, there are almost no towns with a population of more then 50,000.  When you compare that area to say LA or San Francisco, it is like trying to compare New York City and Idaho.

and yet the SJ Valley has double the crime rates as the rest of California, and with an unemployment rate of 14 percent-- easily more than double national average

And that stat about doctors, big deal!  Small towns nationwide have had problems getting doctors for decades. 

that's because doctors don't like working/living in backwards, backwoods, socio-economic backwaters like the SJ Valley

And tell me, are those stats any different from anyplace else with a similar population?

It sound more to me like you may be a bit snobbish to people who live in small towns in general.

no way!!! some of the best times of my life were while living/studying at a small town!!!

www.unh.edu

...and I didn't go running around claiming statues were crying!!!

Written By: Mushroom on 12/09/05 at 11:46 am

no way!!! some of the best times of my life were while living/studying at a small town!!!

www.unh.edu

...and I didn't go running around claiming statues were crying!!!

Oh yea, something like 20 miles from Boston.  Real small town.

Try living in Donnelly Idaho, or Featherville, California.

Written By: STAR70 on 12/10/05 at 6:03 pm

Oh yea, something like 20 miles from Boston.  Real small town.

Try living in Donnelly Idaho, or Featherville, California.

Durham, New Hampshire, with a pop. of about 5,000 when I lived there, is about 50 miles from Boss-town, but it may as well be 200.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/10/05 at 10:10 pm

Durham, New Hampshire, with a pop. of about 5,000 when I lived there, is about 50 miles from Boss-town, but it may as well be 200.

It's a college town, like Amherst, where I live.  Gets REALLY quiet in the January and in the summers.  I know Durham pretty well.  I took a few courses at UNH.  I don't care much for the NH Seacoast region.
Actually, I spent huge portions of my life living in NH, and I can say without fear of contradiction, NH BLOWS!

Written By: STAR70 on 12/13/05 at 5:48 pm

It's a college town, like Amherst, where I live.  Gets REALLY quiet in the January and in the summers.  I know Durham pretty well.  I took a few courses at UNH.  I don't care much for the NH Seacoast region.
Actually, I spent huge portions of my life living in NH, and I can say without fear of contradiction, NH BLOWS!

Typical Minuteman statement!

If you think Durham "blows", you should try to llive in Stockton, California, which is located in the dreaded San Joaquin Valley-- it will "blow" your brains!!!

Written By: saver on 12/14/05 at 3:54 pm

So...anyone hear of any FOLLOW UP or test results?

Used to think with these kinds of reports of staues crying tars and blood, 'Let's clone it and watch what we get'..if after 30 years it's a guy with a beard and flowing hair, the tears WERE REALLY CHRISTS! 

If no one has done a follow up report I CONDEMN the news media for promoting IRRISPONSIBLE reporting for NOT completing a story that affected  simple fools and crazy followers...!

Written By: Yo Mom on 12/14/05 at 3:56 pm

I agree, that was crap

Check for new replies or respond here...