» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: How do you feel about FACE TRANSPLANTS now being a reality?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/02/05 at 6:40 pm

I think if a face transplant gives a deformed or injured person a chance at a normal life, I say YES!

Subject: Re: How do you feel about FACE TRANSPLANTS now being a reality?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/02/05 at 7:09 pm

Not sure about the idea....

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/02/05 at 7:52 pm

...and before you know it, ugly people will be lining up for these "Face Transplants"  :D

It's just insanity.

Written By: Morton on 12/02/05 at 8:15 pm

FACE TRANSPLANTS are stupid. Why would you pay money for someone else's face?!  ::)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/02/05 at 8:16 pm

[quote author=

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/02/05 at 8:26 pm

Sheesh!  ;D

I have nothing really against people who had burns or whatever getting their face looking reasonably normal again. What I was getting at was "normal" looking people who think they look ugly, or want to look like someone else getting this sort of treatment.

It's just insanity.

Written By: Morton on 12/02/05 at 8:30 pm

I mean, do we really need our faces anyway? Sure, i'd give mine to an ugly person any day of the week  ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/02/05 at 8:43 pm

[quote author=

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/02/05 at 10:25 pm

Ask Dr. Hannibal Lector!
:o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/02/05 at 10:53 pm

Ask Dr. Hannibal Lector!

BHAHAHAAHAHAH!!! ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/04/05 at 3:05 am

I lived in a foster home where there was a little girl born with a severely deformed face. She had operation after operation just to get her face CLOSE to normal. This kid was a sweet kid, and needless to say, also pretty brave.

I honestly think our society makes way too much of a thing about being perfect, being beautiful...real beauty comes from inside, from the mind and the soul. Society is soooo shallow sometimes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/05 at 4:03 am

Like other cosmetic surgeries, it could be used for reconstruction or vanity.
It's one thing to get breast implants following cancer treatment, it's another to get 'em when your eighteen and you just think you have to have bigguns to catch a man.
So if face transplants become feasible as a routine operation, it will be wondeful for people with birth defects or disfigurement due to trauma or ailement.  I find the idea of people bringing in pictures of their favorite movie stars and saying, "Doctor, can you make me look like Marilyn Monroe?"

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/04/05 at 4:18 am

Like other cosmetic surgeries, it could be used for reconstruction or vanity.
It's one thing to get breast implants following cancer treatment, it's another to get 'em when your eighteen and you just think you have to have bigguns to catch a man.
So if face transplants become feasible as a routine operation, it will be wondeful for people with birth defects or disfigurement due to trauma or ailement.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 12/04/05 at 3:01 pm

I think it's great that someone who is disfigured can have this surgery as way to for return to a normal life. Having said that, you just watch. Someday, probably in the not-too-distant future, some individual with too much money who just has to set himself apart from the crowd, and for whom body piercings and tattoos just aren't extreme enough anymore, is going to have his ass transplanted to his face.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/04/05 at 5:36 pm

I think it's great that someone who is disfigured can have this surgery as way to for return to a normal life. Having said that, you just watch. Someday, probably in the not-too-distant future, some individual with too much money who just has to set himself apart from the crowd, and for whom body piercings and tattoos just aren't extreme enough anymore, is going to have his ass transplanted to his face.
OMG that's even worse than someone wanting a face transplant just for vanity reasons
An a$$ to face transplant..Sounds like something Beavis and Butthead would love to try...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/05 at 6:39 pm

Not if they were allocated by a UNOS transplantation system which is based on NEEDS like kidney,heart,lung, or liver transplantation is decided! Hey,you don't get a new HEART or KIDNEY just because you WANT one, it should and most likely WILL be the same with faces!
http://www.unos.org/

I would hope so.  But you know, the rich and arrogant think they deserve to go to the top of any list if they pay enough money.  If one of those Saud punks needed a kidney transplant you can bet he'd offer a cool million in cash!

Written By: FelineFrenzy on 12/04/05 at 9:51 pm

Ha ha ha, you're too funny. :)  I bet you are right though. ;)

I think face transplants give many who are disfigured another chance at a more normal life.  I'm all for it!

Written By: Mistress Leola on 12/05/05 at 7:35 pm

Who the hell cares?  Nobody needs a gottdang Hummer either, but if they want to spend their own damn money on it, what the F do I care?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/05/05 at 7:39 pm

Who the hell cares?

Written By: Mistress Leola on 12/05/05 at 11:10 pm

The point is, if someone wants one, and can get it, why the hell would anyone else care?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/06/05 at 2:08 am

I'm like toootally, bag yer face, it's grody to the max!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 12/10/05 at 7:19 pm

IMO Hummers are awful.

I know two people with facial deformities..one is a woman who was at the adult daycare program I went to...She was somewhat mean, but honestly, I can understand why. Stuff like being made fun of and scorned by the rest of one's family and even worse by our society,is enough to kick someone who looks 'different' to the proverbial curb..and their self-esteem too...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/10/05 at 10:04 pm

Remember the horrors of collagen injections going wrong...just picture the monstrous appearance of a face transplant patient whose new face has rejected him or her!  That's the stuff of zombie b-movies!

"So have you seen page eight? Nixon's had an @ssh*le transplant!"
"Oh, but have you seen the latest press? The @ssh*le's rejected him."
--Monty Python
The Cocktail Bar

Written By: philbo on 12/11/05 at 5:31 pm

I'm not sure... it might turn out like this:

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictures/covers/big/1147.jpg

(to those who don't follow the news over here, the chap on the right is David Cameron, new leader of the Conservative party)

Check for new replies or respond here...