» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Peace Activist Kember taken with other Hostages

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 12/09/05 at 11:26 am

Sadly I don't see these poor guys getting out alive from the clutches of those demonic radical morons in the Middle East.

Subject: Re: Peace Activist Kember taken with other Hostages

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 12/11/05 at 6:50 pm

I hope no news is good news and these people are spared their lives.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/11/05 at 7:01 pm

I wouldn't count on a positive outcome.
:(

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 12/12/05 at 6:26 am

I think you're right - it just seems so incredibly sick and heartless to do this right now, and to people who actually stand for Peace, and also look at all the intervention and pleas from many of the Islamic groups asking for clemency. It's all so unfair.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/12/05 at 6:31 am

I don't know why civilians put themselves in this situation.  It is too volatile, and there are so many
more places that need, and welcome the help.

Written By: Mushroom on 12/12/05 at 3:25 pm

I don't know why civilians put themselves in this situation.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 12/12/05 at 4:40 pm

I don't know why civilians put themselves in this situation.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/23/06 at 12:06 pm

Bumping this with the good news that Kember and his associates have been released.
He has just been on radio in the UK sounding understandably exhausted but exhilarated.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/23/06 at 12:26 pm

Bumping this with the good news that Kember and his associates have been released.
He has just been on radio in the UK sounding understandably exhausted but exhilarated.

They were actually freed by a joint US-UK strike force.  Norman Kember, James Loney, and Harmeet Sooden were freed this morning after an assault on their location.  No details have been released on casualties, or how they were located.

The body of Tom Fox, the American that was kidnapped with them was found on March 10.  His body was badly beaten, and dumped on a Bagdad street.

There is quite a large difference between a hostage being freed, and a hostage being released.  Released means their captors let them go.  Freed means that intervention was nessicary to gain their freedom.

So far, very few hostages have been released.  Most of them were let go after large bribes were paid to the groups that held them.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/world/3743241.html

Written By: karen on 03/23/06 at 12:46 pm

They were actually freed by a joint US-UK strike force.  Norman Kember, James Loney, and Harmeet Sooden were freed this morning after an assault on their location.  No details have been released on casualties, or how they were located.

According this BBC site no shots were fired.  The abducotrs were apparently not there though  :-\\

BBC news

Check for new replies or respond here...