» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Prove Bush ever told a lie and collect $5,000

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/19/05 at 3:57 am

http://www.bbhq.com/bushlied.htm

Subject: Re: Prove Bush ever told a lie and collect $5,000

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/19/05 at 8:42 am

http://www.bbhq.com/bushlied.htm

Too bad it's another one of those wing nut sites where no matter how well you prove it, he'll continue to deny it.  There's plenty of these sites on the web for various things, evolution especially.

Easy lie?  That no one from his administration was involved in leaking Valarie Plume's identity.  Or maybe that he would fire anyone involved in leaking her identity (since changed to "after proven guilty")

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/05 at 12:46 pm

Too bad it's another one of those wing nut sites where no matter how well you prove it, he'll continue to deny it.  There's plenty of these sites on the web for various things, evolution especially.

Easy lie?  That no one from his administration was involved in leaking Valarie Plume's identity.  Or maybe that he would fire anyone involved in leaking her identity (since changed to "after proven guilty")

You forgot many others, like Saddam had to do with 9/11, that he had WMD, "mission accomplished", "I'm a uniter, not a divider"etc, etc.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/19/05 at 1:30 pm

You forgot many others, like Saddam had to do with 9/11, that he had WMD, "mission accomplished", "I'm a uniter, not a divider"etc, etc.

I don't have enough time to generate a comprenhensive list

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/05 at 1:33 pm

I don't have enough time to generate a comprenhensive list

lol.  Between the two of us coming up with a list, we could be rich.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/19/05 at 1:41 pm

lol.  Between the two of us coming up with a list, we could be rich.  ;D ;D ;D

Too bad you'll never collect from these wing nuts.  They could witness the lies first hand, and they'll continue to believe the lies as truth. Arguing with a fool proves there are two.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/05 at 1:43 pm

Too bad you'll never collect from these wing nuts.  They could witness the lies first hand, and they'll continue to believe the lies as truth. Arguing with a fool proves there are two.

I am well aware of that, that is why I said "COULD".  If anyone believes that they will collect, there is a bridge in Brooklyn I will like to sell them.

Cat

Written By: EthanM on 12/19/05 at 2:16 pm

What this article says is that he admits that Bush has been misleading, dishonest and incompetent but nothing Dubya said was an actual lie so calling Bush a liar is dishonest. Apparently we need to know what exactly a lie is - which is a "third grade definition" that "everybody knows before they are five"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/19/05 at 2:17 pm

What this article says is that he admits that Bush has been misleading, dishonest and incompetent but nothing Dubya said was an actual lie so calling Bush a liar is dishonest. Apparently we need to know what exactly a lie is - which is a "third grade definition" that "everybody knows before they are five"

Do we have to hook him up to a ploygraph machine? That needle would go off the board.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/19/05 at 3:02 pm

Greater question.... how to spend the $5,000.  ;D

Written By: EthanM on 12/19/05 at 4:32 pm

Do we have to hook him up to a ploygraph machine? That needle would go off the board.

Cat

He'd never submit to such a test because it would "provide knowledge to our enemies"

I saw some of the press conference this morning... there are probably a few grand to be made off of statements made last night alone

And he's still evading questions like in the Presidential debates

Written By: STAR70 on 12/19/05 at 4:43 pm

they'll be writing so many 5,000 checks they'll soon go broke.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/05 at 6:22 pm

I dunno, I've got NASA looking into it for me!
:D

I mean, with specious, uh that's speeches, like the one he made this morning it's too hard tell if he lied 'coz you can't figger out what the sam hill he's talking about in the first place.  Bunch of discombobulated jibber-jabber!

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/19/05 at 6:26 pm

The reward should be for telling the truth.  Far harder to prove, and less likely to occur.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/20/05 at 12:24 am

You forgot many others, like Saddam had to do with 9/11, that he had WMD, "mission accomplished"....
Cat

Click the link.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/20/05 at 9:01 am

Click the link.

Why?  To read some convulted support for Bush's misleading statements on it?  What's the point?

Written By: philbo on 12/20/05 at 7:39 pm

Click the link.

The way I see it is that either he knew he was being untruthful or he didn't - if it's the former, he is a knowing, bare-faced liar; if it's the latter, he's a fool.  My vote is for both.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/20/05 at 9:05 pm

The way I see it is that either he knew he was being untruthful or he didn't - if it's the former, he is a knowing, bare-faced liar; if it's the latter, he's a fool.

Written By: saver on 12/20/05 at 11:53 pm

C'Mon political know it alls...we'll be your witnesses if they don't pay up....

so how much have you collected now??

Now if they paid for Clinton lies..I may have a resort in Tahiti!!!

Written By: philbo on 12/21/05 at 2:51 am

Well, if he doesn't know the truth he can't lie.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/21/05 at 3:23 am

Why?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/21/05 at 3:35 am

I know - so what you're being asked to prove is that he *knew* his statements were false when he made them.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/21/05 at 12:53 pm

Well, if he doesn't know the truth he can't lie.  Ever see "Reservoir Dogs"? (a good analogy for the Bush Administration in an case!)  None of the crooks knew any of the other crooks names.  They all went under assigned names, Mr. Blue, Mr. Pink, Mr. White, Mr. Orange, etc.  That way if one got busted, he couldn't rat out the others.  That's how they could be playing it in the Bush White House.
Or, more simply put:

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/colonel_klink.jpg
I KNOW NOTHING!
(so click the link for Colonel Klink)
!

I hate to nitpick (ok, maybe I do like to  ;D ) but it was Sgt. Schulz who said, "I know nothing" not Col. Klink.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/21/05 at 2:29 pm

Simply because the "lies" she listed were covered by the link.  Whereas some of the other supposed "lies" listed in this here thread aren't.

if by covered, you mean "excused away", then yes, they're covered.

Check for new replies or respond here...