» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Wealth of 9-11 links

Written By: IanWinn on 12/21/05 at 4:40 pm

http://www.911proof.com/

A variety of current and former high-level officials have recently warned that the Bush administration is attempting to instill a dictatorship in America, and will itself carry out a fake terrorist attack in order to obtain one.

Background

Newsman Keith Olbermann listed numerous instances in which the administration had issued terror alerts based on scant intelligence in order to rally people around the flag when the administration was suffering in the polls. This implies -- as an initial matter only -- that the administration will play fast and loose with the facts in order to instill fear for political purposes.

More to the point, current U.S. Congressman Ron Paul stated, the government "is determined to have martial law", and that the government is hoping to get the people "fearful enough that they will accept the man on the white horse"

SNIP

Subject: Re: Wealth of 9-11 links

Written By: Mushroom on 12/22/05 at 10:18 am

Newsman Keith Olbermann listed numerous instances in which the administration had issued terror alerts based on scant intelligence in order to rally people around the flag when the administration was suffering in the polls.

And how would people be blasting the Administration if they said nothing, and something really happened?

This is what is called a "no win situation".  Say nothing, and get slammed.  Say something and get slammed.

Then people wonder why I never believe in "Conspiracy Theories".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/22/05 at 9:23 pm

And how would people be blasting the Administration if they said nothing, and something really happened?

This is what is called a "no win situation".

Written By: Davester on 12/28/05 at 6:02 pm

I want to add another link...9/11 Commission Report - "Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, Official Government Edition"

Do read this, please...

Written By: saver on 12/29/05 at 1:09 am

ahhh, conspiracy continues to swirl no matter how many people prove it wrong point by point

:-X

Written By: Abix on 04/06/06 at 3:46 pm

www.prisonplanet.com

Written By: STAR70 on 04/09/06 at 3:22 pm

http://911blimp.com

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/09/06 at 3:26 pm

http://911blimp.com

Oh my I saw a programme last night about the people in the TwinTowers who died - I wish I hadn't watched it now.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/09/06 at 3:39 pm

Oh my I saw a programme last night about the people in the TwinTowers who died - I wish I hadn't watched it now.

why not?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/09/06 at 3:42 pm

why not?

It was actually a re-run of a programme I'd seen some weeks previously and the images were very graphic. It brought an image back into my head I never want to see again.

Written By: Tia on 04/09/06 at 3:59 pm

wow, saver, ian winn, davester, some real blasts from the past on this thread.

and now they've all disappeared.

COINCIDENCE?! perhaps NOT!

Subject: A Screaming Comes Across the Sky

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/12/06 at 11:31 pm

"Proverbs for Paranoids:  If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to care what answers you come up with."- Thomas Pynchon, _Gravity's Rainbow_

Subject: Re: A Screaming Comes Across the Sky

Written By: Tia on 04/13/06 at 11:00 am

"Proverbs for Paranoids:  If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to care what answers you come up with."- Thomas Pynchon, _Gravity's Rainbow_
one of my favorite books ever, though i haven't read it in a while.

it's got a bit of a kamikaze aspect to it also, when you think about it, gravity's rainbow.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/13/06 at 9:31 pm

one of my favorite books ever, though i haven't read it in a while.

it's got a bit of a kamikaze aspect to it also, when you think about it, gravity's rainbow.

That it does.

Have you read Robert Anton Wilson's "The Illuminatus! Trilogy", perchance?  What Wilson lacks in the finesse of his prose, he makes up for in accessibility.  It's what _Gravity's Rainbow_ would have been like if it had been set in Vietnam-era America.  (And as a significant part of both books' respective conspiracies were based on the same kernels of WW2-era history, I'd go so far as to call _Illuminatus_ a worthy sequel :)

Written By: Tia on 04/14/06 at 6:46 am

That it does.

Have you read Robert Anton Wilson's "The Illuminatus! Trilogy", perchance?  What Wilson lacks in the finesse of his prose, he makes up for in accessibility.  It's what _Gravity's Rainbow_ would have been like if it had been set in Vietnam-era America.  (And as a significant part of both books' respective conspiracies were based on the same kernels of WW2-era history, I'd go so far as to call _Illuminatus_ a worthy sequel :)
i started illuminatus but only got about a hundred pages in, unfortunately. infinite jest comes highly recommended for similar reasons, but i haven't read that either. read V., lot 49, and gravity's rainbow though. i think V. is totally underrrated, i love the hell out of that book. and gravity's rainbow took me an entire summer, and i only got like 10 percent of it...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/14/06 at 7:47 am

When it comes to 9/11, all you have to do is ask questions. There are a hundred questions to ask about why the official version makes no sense. The answers are conjecture because our government cannot afford to tell us the truth. A society in which demanding the truth is an act of revolution can never truly be a free society.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/15/06 at 6:16 pm

wow, saver, ian winn, davester, some real blasts from the past on this thread.

and now they've all disappeared.

COINCIDENCE?! perhaps NOT!

victims of El Chupacabras?  ??? ??? ???

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/17/06 at 9:53 pm

i started illuminatus but only got about a hundred pages in, unfortunately. infinite jest comes highly recommended for similar reasons, but i haven't read that either. read V., lot 49, and gravity's rainbow though. i think V. is totally underrrated, i love the hell out of that book. and gravity's rainbow took me an entire summer, and i only got like 10 percent of it...

You're on the right track (Crying of Lot 49 is another fave of mine, as are both Pynchon's "V" and Moore's "V" :)

Illuminatus, ah, illuminatus... I had the same reaction as you did.  Trust me, it doesn't even get *started* until around page 200-300.  The author has so many threads (and switches narrator so often) to start in the first 100 pages, that I, too, was tempted to give up early.  It's worth another attempt.  (And for what it's worth, the prose is simple enough compared to Pynchon's that you *will* get more than 10% out of Illuminatus, although you'll have to get at least halfway through before you figure out what the plot is.  Took me about as far into Gravity's Rainbow to figure out that the same principle applied :)

Written By: Tia on 04/18/06 at 6:24 am

You're on the right track (Crying of Lot 49 is another fave of mine, as are both Pynchon's "V" and Moore's "V" :)

Illuminatus, ah, illuminatus... I had the same reaction as you did.  Trust me, it doesn't even get *started* until around page 200-300.  The author has so many threads (and switches narrator so often) to start in the first 100 pages, that I, too, was tempted to give up early.  It's worth another attempt.  (And for what it's worth, the prose is simple enough compared to Pynchon's that you *will* get more than 10% out of Illuminatus, although you'll have to get at least halfway through before you figure out what the plot is.  Took me about as far into Gravity's Rainbow to figure out that the same principle applied :)
okay, i will. have you read "infinite jest"? that's a book that's supposed to also be kinda similar, another, which i read and loved, is walker percy's "love in the ruins." very heady and apocalyptic.

http://mchip00.nyu.edu/lit-med/lit-med-db/webdocs/webdescrips/percy145-des-.html

just saw "pi" the other night for the first time. also similar in its own way.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/18/06 at 7:42 am

Have you read "The Foundation Trilogy" by Asimov.  The whole notion of the manipulation of the masses
with a program(psychohistory) that was projected centuries before is chilling, and horribly believable. I believe we are in a "Seldon Crisis" at them moment, and things could go terribly, terribly wrong.  I read the trilogy one book a day in three days.  There are more "Foundation" books, I don't know how they are, I stuck with the first three.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/19/06 at 10:01 pm

There are more "Foundation" books, I don't know how they are, I stuck with the first three.

I'm not the person you're replying to, but I have - and they're all well worth reading.  But I'd read "I, Robot", and "Robots of Dawn" before finishing the Foundation series.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/21/06 at 3:53 pm

Oliver Stone is set to realease  his conspiracy movie "World Trade Center" in summer

Written By: Tia on 04/21/06 at 5:37 pm

Oliver Stone is set to realease  his conspiracy movie "World Trade Center" in summer
wha!? how did i not hear about this? are you joking with me?

that would be AWESOME.

Written By: Tia on 04/21/06 at 5:39 pm

oh, wait, i think i heard about this. weren't they saying that oliver stone was directing it but it's not gonna be all conspiracied, just a regular drama?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0469641/

cuz, you know, they killed oliver stone and replaced him with a government drone who looks exactly like him?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/21/06 at 7:56 pm

The liberal talk show host known as "Lionel" took my advice.  Well, not really, it's just that mediocre minds think alike.  Anyway, he devoted several segments to "just 9/11 questions."  He was not drawing any conclusions. He was only asking questions about the attacks, the destruction, the deaths, and the aftermath. Angry callers accused him of being a conspiracy theory nut over and over again, but Lionel kept emphasizing he was not pointing the finger at anyone. The thing is, when there is  such a mind-boggling amount of questions to which the official answers make no sense (or are absent altogether), it just sounds really creepy when you ask them one after another!
:o

You know how right-wingers always say, "If you have nothing to hide, what are you afraid of?" Well, if the feds have nothing to hide...

Written By: La Roche on 04/21/06 at 8:05 pm

http://infowars.net/articles/april2006/200406Database2.htm

Halford got it right..

I

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/21/06 at 8:20 pm

http://infowars.net/articles/april2006/200406Database2.htm

Halford got it right..

I

Written By: La Roche on 04/21/06 at 9:23 pm

Indeed. And the Bushies wouldn't like Halford either, I think you know why.

Could it be his flowing blonde hair..  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/21/06 at 11:06 pm

Could it be his flowing blonde hair..  ;)

Then how do you explain Ann Coulter?
???

Written By: La Roche on 04/21/06 at 11:42 pm

Then how do you explain Ann Coulter?
???

;D It's a wig.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/22/06 at 3:01 am

;D It's a wig.

No, Ann's hair is her own, I just wonder if the drapes match the carpet, if you catch my drift!
;)

Written By: La Roche on 04/22/06 at 9:04 am

No, Ann's hair is her own, I just wonder if the drapes match the carpet, if you catch my drift!
;)

Better ask Condie.

Check for new replies or respond here...