» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Pat Robertson contributes his profound two cents on world affairs yet again...

Written By: JFK-2004 on 01/05/06 at 5:49 pm

Late-breaking news, folks.  Certified religious zealot lunatic Pat Robertson hounds Ariel Sharon, blaming his medical maladies on his heroic efforts to bring about peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/01/05/world/main1182599.shtml

This man never ceases to befuddle me with his endless spewing of ridiculous pronouncements.

Subject: Re: Pat Robertson contributes his profound two cents on world affairs yet again...

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 01/05/06 at 8:31 pm

http://webhollis.com/albums/Funny-Forum/DearGod_MakeItStop.jpg

Subject: Re: Pat Robertson contributes his profound two cents on world affairs yet again...

Written By: Harmonica on 01/05/06 at 11:33 pm

Late-breaking news, folks.  Certified religious zealot lunatic Pat Robertson hounds Ariel Sharon, blaming his medical maladies on his heroic efforts to bring about peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/01/05/world/main1182599.shtml

This man never ceases to befuddle me with his endless spewing of ridiculous pronouncements.

Pat Robertson is about the best known liberal their is.  His pretending to be a conservative and giving us a horrible symbolic example for the liberals to point at and find fault in is about the best ideal a worthy opponent could think of.  Imagine the shame the liberals must feel for not actually thinking this one up on their own.

Written By: EthanM on 01/06/06 at 12:39 am

Pat Robertson is about the best known liberal their is.  His pretending to be a conservative and giving us a horrible symbolic example for the liberals to point at and find fault in is about the best ideal a worthy opponent could think of.  Imagine the shame the liberals must feel for not actually thinking this one up on their own.

Does this make sense to anyone who didn't write it?

Written By: Harmonica on 01/06/06 at 12:51 am

Does this make sense to anyone who didn't write it?

It ought to. Pat Roberston is a horrible conservative and that gives grounds for the liberals.

Written By: limblifter on 01/06/06 at 1:13 am

For Pete's sake. Again with the "liberal", "conservative" labels ::) Can't you for one second just call Pat for what he is, a douchebag? Either that, or you're gonna have to start sharing whatever it is you're smoking with the rest of us.

He's so conservative he's gotta be a liberal ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Harmonica on 01/06/06 at 2:58 am

For Pete's sake. Again with the "liberal", "conservative" labels ::) Can't you for one second just call Pat for what he is, a douchebag? Either that, or you're gonna have to start sharing whatever it is you're smoking with the rest of us.

He's so conservative he's gotta be a liberal ;D ;D ;D

I've never smoked a single thing in my entire life, and I'm willing to bet that a large percentage of the people on this board at one time or another tried mary jane, if not all a cigarette.  So don't put the lable on cat on a dog. 

But on the contrary  you are correct, Pat Robertson is a douche bag.

Written By: darktower on 01/06/06 at 9:07 am

My immediate initial reaction to hearing this was that he really does need to be put in restraints so that he can't hurt himself or anyone else. I acknowledge him as a brother in Christ - I cannot do otherwise- but when the time comes, I think he and Dad are going to have quite a session out behind the woodpile!

Written By: Harmonica on 01/06/06 at 2:39 pm

My immediate initial reaction to hearing this was that he really does need to be put in restraints so that he can't hurt himself or anyone else. I acknowledge him as a brother in Christ - I cannot do otherwise- but when the time comes, I think he and Dad are going to have quite a session out behind the woodpile!

I don't acknowledge Pat Roberston as a brother in Christ because I believe he just uses Jesus as a way to gain support especially in financial areas from Christians.  Truth to be known I don't think Robertson gives a rat's about anyone that isn't cacuasion or rich. Whether he is a christian in the form he believes in Trinity, I do not know, but I'd be willing to bet he isn't worried about what he can do For his God, he's worried about what his God can do for him.

Written By: EthanM on 01/06/06 at 3:01 pm

I agree with you, Harmonica, about your last post about Pat Robertson. But he is in no way a liberal. 

Written By: cs on 01/06/06 at 3:08 pm

Pat Robertson is no different than that nut in Waco.  The only difference is the number and wealth of the followers.

Robertson's comments are, as usual, grossly ignorant.  Now his PR department is trying to justify his rant (again, like they had to do with the Chavez incident).

http://www.patrobertson.com/PressReleases/ArielSharonPR.asp

Written By: Harmonica on 01/06/06 at 3:10 pm

I agree with you, Harmonica, about your last post about Pat Robertson. But he is in no way a liberal. 

LOL Ethan, you're cracking me up bud. I know he's not a liberal.  What part of because he's such a bad conservative and makes such a bad name for conservatives he might as well be a liberal don't you understand!

Written By: EthanM on 01/06/06 at 3:15 pm

ok... I guess I can excuse that since I'm terrible with j/k's and smilies too

Written By: cs on 01/06/06 at 3:17 pm

uses Jesus as a way to gain support especially in financial areas from Christians. 

THEY ALL DO THAT DEAR!

Written By: Harmonica on 01/06/06 at 3:20 pm

THEY ALL DO THAT DEAR!

No They don't.  I'm walking living proof.  I know other walking, living, proofs.

Written By: cs on 01/06/06 at 3:39 pm

Now, wouldn't THAT job suck :o

Maybe we should submit it to that guy who does the show Dirty Jobs.  LOL!

Written By: darktower on 01/06/06 at 3:44 pm

I'm taking my instructions from Romans 14:4, Harmonica; otherwise, I completely agree with you. I have no idea how Robertson himself "interprets" the passage, or sees it as applying to himself. With his "word(s) of knowledge", he obviously sees it as not only his duty, but his privilege to judge and condemn everyone else. He appears to have all the hallmarks of an absolute Pharisee, and I'm mortified to think that he is what so many in the world think of when they think "Christianity".

Subject: Re: Pat Robertson contributes his profound two cents on world affairs yet again.

Written By: IanWinn on 01/06/06 at 3:45 pm

If Pat Robertson is a Christian, then pork chops are kosher for Jews.

The man is a Satanist in Christian garb, a wolf in sheeps clothing.  He proved it some weeks ago when, on his 700 club, he flashed the sign of Satan in a prayer ostensibly made to "Jesus".

This link will take you to the video, and more interesting info:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/november2005/181105eldiablo.htm

Written By: JFK-2004 on 01/06/06 at 3:45 pm

However, Pat Robertson's political affiliation is truly not what matters.  What matters is the fact that he is simply an insane, delusional, hate-filled nutjob who will say whatever stupid comments his puny brain can conjure up to gather attention, regardless of the repercussions.  

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/06/06 at 3:53 pm

Yeah, but can you imagine if a Muslim cleric got on national TV and declared, "Ariel Sharon is being punished by Allah for his crimes against the Palestinian people"?  That dude would be picked up by the Homeland Security police before you can say "Salaam Alekum, peace be upon you!"

Anyway, Pat Robertson isn't in Christ, he is in Mammon.   When he dies, he might be in Big Trouble, but that's not for me to decide.  Perhaps the reason God hasn't turned Robertson into smoldering cinder is His son, Jesus, is a forgiver and talks the Old Man out of His Old Testament methods.  
The only thing Robertson is "liberal" about is liberally shooting off his big dumb mouth!
::)

Subject: Re: Pat Robertson contributes his profound two cents on world affairs yet again.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/06/06 at 4:01 pm

If Pat Robertson is a Christian, then pork chops are kosher for Jews.

The man is a Satanist in Christian garb, a wolf in sheeps clothing.  He proved it some weeks ago when, on his 700 club, he flashed the sign of Satan in a prayer ostensibly made to "Jesus".

This link will take you to the video, and more interesting info:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/november2005/181105eldiablo.htm

Evil in the name of Christ is nothing new.  700 years ago the 700 Club would have been agents of the Inquisition out there breaking heretics on the wheel.
:o

Written By: danootaandme on 01/06/06 at 4:03 pm

However, Pat Robertson's political affiliation is truly not what matters.  What matters is the fact that he is simply an insane, delusional, hate-filled nutjob who will say whatever stupid comments his puny brain can conjure up to gather attention, regardless of the repercussions. 

And people applaud and send him money!  There cannot be any reasonable explanation for that.  It gives me
such a headache. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/06/06 at 4:07 pm

And people applaud and send him money!  There cannot be any reasonable explanation for that.  It gives me
such a headache. 

Hey, there are a lot of insane, delusional, hate-filled nutjobs out there!  Much of the media seems to cater to them.  Pat Robertson is one thing, but then you've got Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, G. Gordon Liddy, Oliver North, Tucker Carlson, FOX News, The Washington Times, the Natinal Review, The Weekly Standard Ann Coulter, Dr. Laura, Laura Ingraham, and the list goes on and on!

Written By: cs on 01/06/06 at 4:23 pm

People have to believe in something I suppose.  :-X

Written By: Harmonica on 01/06/06 at 5:13 pm

I'm taking my instructions from Romans 14:4, Harmonica; otherwise, I completely agree with you. I have no idea how Robertson himself "interprets" the passage, or sees it as applying to himself. With his "word(s) of knowledge", he obviously sees it as not only his duty, but his privilege to judge and condemn everyone else. He appears to have all the hallmarks of an absolute Pharisee, and I'm mortified to think that he is what so many in the world think of when they think "Christianity".

I don't mind it when he points out the wrongings and faults of other people.  I don't consider myself any less of a christian or a man for that matter because I'm not blind to the fact that what Adolf Hitler did was wrong or what George W Bush said he'd do to fix Title IX  was a blantant lie. 

Pointing out the evils of this world, although he himself is one of them isn't the worst thing in the world.  Where my biff with him is at is that he does many of the evil things he's against and has no problem proclaming  of himself a better and more profound Christian than other people. 

If Pat Robertson was doing something minor like slipped the "D" word here and there, I wouldn't think to much of it. To the surprise of many, Christianity doesn't involve "Never" sinning. However, the extent and unremorsefulness of Robertson's actions makes me sick.  Not to mention the either unadmitness or stupidity he has in thinking he's done nothing wrong and only done right. 

If Robertson is a member of the KKK it wouldn't surprise me any.

Written By: Harmonica on 01/06/06 at 5:15 pm

such a headache. 

It's the closemindedness of some people.  Who I can't put all the blame on.  Both sides and all sorts of people biasly infulence them.  It's not easy to know who's side to be on.  Especially when pukes like Robertson lie to you.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/06 at 7:37 pm

Yet another sign that Pat Robertson  is a douche bag......  ::)

Written By: JFK-2004 on 01/06/06 at 9:32 pm

Hehehehehehe....douchebag  ;D  That's an honorable thing to be categorized as, hehe.  It fits Mr. Robertson perfectly, along with the terms "hypocrite", "scoundrel", "poser", and "swindler".  I can't fathom how he maintains enough of a fan following to remain on TV.  It highlights the flawed logic and delusion of some people. 

Written By: Dagwood on 01/06/06 at 9:49 pm

Now, wouldn't THAT job suck :o

It would suck, but you would have some killer job security. ;D

I think we should start a "Pat Robertson...." Thread and sticky it.  There will always be something new to add.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/06/06 at 11:08 pm

From my uncle, an ex-Marine:

"When Robertson was in the Marines during Korea his daddy was a congressman from Virginia and he had him moved from the frontlines to the rear. Everybody in the Marine corps despises that cowardly old b@$t@rd."

Figures..

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/06 at 11:21 pm

The apple doesn't fall from the douchbag.....  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/06 at 11:25 pm

Hehehehehehe....douchebag  ;D  That's an honorable thing to be categorized as, hehe.  It fits Mr. Robertson perfectly, along with the terms "hypocrite", "scoundrel", "poser", and "swindler".  I can't fathom how he maintains enough of a fan following to remain on TV.  It highlights the flawed logic and delusion of some people. 

Him, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, and Jerry Falwell scare me.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/06 at 12:06 am

Him, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, and Jerry Falwell scare me.  ::)

Swaggart and Bakker?  They can't do anymore harm.  They're toast, caput, it's over baby!

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/07/06 at 12:16 am

Swaggart and Bakker?  They can't do anymore harm.  They're toast, caput, it's over baby!

"I have sinned.."

"We've all sinned brother!"

"But not like I have!"

;) ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/06 at 12:19 am

"I have sinned.."

"We've all sinned brother!"

"But not like I have!"

;) ;D

Swaggart: I let down my family, my flock, my church, and my God! (blubber, blubber)
Church Lady:  Didn't we let something else down too, hmmm?  OUR PANTS!!
;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/07/06 at 2:52 am

Unreal.

Yes, what Pat Robertson said recently falls under all his other recent outraegous statements (not including his comment about Chavez), but why in the hell is this news?  Why does the Associated Press and Reuters feel the need to print Robertson's, who has no real power, statements?  It's just to try and lump in all Christians and make them all look bad.

I find it also funny that Harry Reid and Patrick Leahy (the only two who I know have posted press releases condeming Robertson) are so quick to condem what Robertson said, but ignore all the recent outraegous statements by the new president of Iran.  What Robertson has been saying isn't half of what Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has been saying, but it's gotten twice the media coverage.  Does Robertson hate America?  Will Robertson have nuclear weapons come this March?  Is Robertson the leader of a country?

Oddly enough Hillary Clinton gets it right.

Robertson is a good guy and probably deep-down a good Christian.  But he needs to watch himself.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/07/06 at 9:43 am

Swaggart: I let down my family, my flock, my church, and my God! (blubber, blubber)
Church Lady:  Didn't we let something else down too, hmmm?  OUR PANTS!!
;D

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/07/06 at 9:43 am

I suppose.... but they still scare me!  ;D

Written By: Harmonica on 01/08/06 at 1:23 am

This is such a strange topic.  For once there happens to be more than one reason to not like something or in this case someone.

We're pretty much all in unison that we don't like Pat Robertson, but I guarantee you that the reasons I can't stand the man aren't at all the reasons why you can't stand him.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/08/06 at 2:04 pm

This is such a strange topic.  For once there happens to be more than one reason to not like something or in this case someone.

We're pretty much all in unison that we don't like Pat Robertson, but I guarantee you that the reasons I can't stand the man aren't at all the reasons why you can't stand him.

Try us. You could be suprised.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/08/06 at 2:08 pm

I am not a big fan of him, because he says some pretty harsh stuff, like wanting to have the President of Venezuela assassinated, and other stuff I can't repeat here.

Also because people are guliable enough to follow him, and believe what he says. ::)

And I think that Pat Robertson is just about the greatest douchbag of all time.  ;D

Written By: Harmonica on 01/08/06 at 6:41 pm

I am not a big fan of him, because he says some pretty harsh stuff, like wanting to have the President of Venezuela assassinated, and other stuff I can't repeat here.

Also because people are guliable enough to follow him, and believe what he says. ::)

And I think that Pat Robertson is just about the greatest douchbag of all time.  ;D

Those are three statments I go along with.  However I still feel that most people don't have much of a clue what's he's said or done. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/06 at 1:09 am

Unreal.

Yes, what Pat Robertson said recently falls under all his other recent outraegous statements (not including his comment about Chavez), but why in the hell is this news?  Why does the Associated Press and Reuters feel the need to print Robertson's, who has no real power, statements?  It's just to try and lump in all Christians and make them all look bad.

I find it also funny that Harry Reid and Patrick Leahy (the only two who I know have posted press releases condeming Robertson) are so quick to condem what Robertson said, but ignore all the recent outraegous statements by the new president of Iran.  What Robertson has been saying isn't half of what Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has been saying, but it's gotten twice the media coverage.  Does Robertson hate America?  Will Robertson have nuclear weapons come this March?  Is Robertson the leader of a country?

Oddly enough Hillary Clinton gets it right.

Robertson is a good guy and probably deep-down a good Christian.  But he needs to watch himself.

On your second-to-last-statement, I don't see any evidence.  On your last statement, he doesn't need to watch himself, the rest of the media needs to ignore HIM!

As for th President of Iran, well, I'll agree with the argument when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad  has his own "700 Club" and is raising money from directly from American citizens to further his own agenda AND when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a frequent guest on FOX News, I'll dig the comparison a bit more.
I won't read anything Hillary Clinton's got to say because she's attempting the thrice losing strategy of trying to out-Republican the Republicans.  I've tried to like the b*tch for thirteen years, I really have, but she just makes it impossible to do!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/14/06 at 12:53 am

Pat Robertson is a loony who is delusional and makes absolutely delusional statements...in other words, he's a loose screw who makes no sense. That man needs a long stay in a psychiatric facility and some nice Haldol to straighten him out!

Pat Robertson is "Insane In The Brain" in other words...

What other Christian would make such nonsense statements, besides Jerry "Tinky Winky is GAY" Falwell?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/14/06 at 12:56 am

here's what Pat Robertson is very good at..
1) open mouth
2)insert foot
3)keep foot in mouth...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/06 at 3:20 am

here's what Pat Robertson is very good at..
1) open mouth
2)insert foot
3)keep foot in mouth...

As long as his tele-cult members keep forking over that dough, he's got nothing to worry about.  His dopy son Gordon can take over the empire when Pat dies!

Check for new replies or respond here...