» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: stop yer complaining.. Think...what to do about Iran?

Written By: saver on 01/06/06 at 8:55 pm

Are we to rely on any better intelligence now that papers from numerous countries are spouting Iran has the nuclear weapon program in motion?

Do we bomb them into oblivion, give them short notice to disassemble, or hehe..wait for them to do something?

How do you justify living in a world where Iran has nuclear bombs?

Interesting how people wonder what the US will do about it then complain when we come up with a means then get criticized for it...

and by the way..Isn't France helping supply Iran? 

Talk now or hold your tongues when 'something' does happen.   

Subject: Re: stop yer complaining.. Think...what to do about Iran?

Written By: JFK-2004 on 01/06/06 at 9:24 pm

Iran appears to pose a bigger threat than anyone in Iraq at the moment.  However, we don't want to risk rushing into another war on faulty intelligence, as was the case with Iraq.  Personally, I am ambivalent regarding the Iraq subject, but our pretenses for initiating conflict (i.e. Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction) were fallous.  Imagine the public uproar at another conflict they deem unjustified. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/06 at 12:11 am

We cannot invade Iran unless we rescind ALL Bush's tax cuts and draft every American male between the ages of 17 and 30, maybe older.  If we try to do Iran on the Ron Dumsfeld plan, we'll be the laughing stock of the planet!
:D

Written By: McDonald on 01/07/06 at 1:07 am

What's Iran going to do? Start a nuclear war? It is a sovereign nation and it has just as much of a right to means of defence as the US does. All this comes down to an unwanted American presence in the Middle East, and supporting the State of Israel. I'm all for having the Israelies on our side, but as for military bases in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq... we don't need them. I say we pull the hell out of there really soon and devote our time and money to eliminating our need for fossil fuels as quickly as possible. Say we're sorry for all the fcked-up sh!t we've done in Iran, Iraq, and elsewhere, and finally hold Israel to the ultimatim we should have years ago (i.e. stop the harsh treatment of the Palestinian people, and apologise for the massacres in Lebanon, otherwise you're cut off). After that we pursue a goal to become the peaceful, friendly, responsible nation we should be already. Then I'll hop on my magical unicorn, and fly all the way to the Emerald City to ask the Wizard for a WAKE-UP CALL!

Face it. The corporately-financed crimes that have been committed in our name all over the world in the past 50 years, behind our backs, will continue business as usual... And thanks to that, so will reactionary terrorism. We're screwed. But at least we still have our former colonial masters, the British, on our side! Business makes strange bedfellows.

Written By: Mushroom on 01/07/06 at 10:01 am

What's Iran going to do? Start a nuclear war?

No, but they have given sponsorship over the last 26 years to multiple terrorist organizations.  If they "start a war", it will be just like it has been for the last 2

Written By: danootaandme on 01/07/06 at 2:54 pm

Personally, I am ambivalent regarding the Iraq subject, but our pretenses for initiating conflict (i.e. Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction) were fallous. 

I would say that the pretense for the conflict was closer to phallic than fallous    ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/08/06 at 1:23 am

I would say that the pretense for the conflict was closer to phallic than fallous    ;D

"Fallous"?  WTF do dat mean?  Did he mean fallacious?
;D

Check for new replies or respond here...