» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Jonathon

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/16/06 at 10:45 pm

http://www.jonathonforgovernor.us/Home_page.html

What is this? Is this some sort of joke..?

Subject: Re: Jonathon

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/06 at 10:54 pm

let's hope so. ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/06 at 11:09 pm

This is a silly thing.  After Jesse "The Body" Ventura for governor, I'm not sure.  Whatever happened to the image of Minnesotans as thoughtful and sensible people?
::)

Written By: Skippy on 01/17/06 at 12:57 am

I heard the guy plans to run in the 2008 presidential election.

Written By: Harmonica on 01/17/06 at 2:11 pm

This is a silly thing.  After Jesse "The Body" Ventura for governor, I'm not sure.  Whatever happened to the image of Minnesotans as thoughtful and sensible people?
::)

Just because Ventura was a professional wrestler that automatically makes him unqualified to be a governer?

I suppose Vader, although he has a degree in business, not to mention got really good grades within his years at college has to be a complete moron because of the highly athletical and threatrical career he chose. Let's not forget that Vader, was also NOT an athlete in college, so the assumption he only got into college based on how well he could play football can't be used. Regardless of these facts he for sure  wouldn't be qualified to be an entreprenuer?

Written By: La Roche on 01/22/06 at 12:57 am

The man makes a valid point.

We all have the right to practise whatever we want.. he didn't need to add "The Impaler" though, Sharkey is an awesome name  ;D

Just because Ventura was a professional wrestler that automatically makes him unqualified to be a governer?

I suppose Vader, although he has a degree in business, not to mention got really good grades within his years at college has to be a complete moron because of the highly athletical and threatrical career he chose. Let's not forget that Vader, was also NOT an athlete in college, so the assumption he only got into college based on how well he could play football can't be used. Regardless of these facts he for sure  wouldn't be qualified to be an entreprenuer?

First point - I agree, not only should Ventura's career as a Pro-Wrestler disqualify him, his outstanding political beliefs should make him more than qualified.

Second point - You don't mean 'THE!' Vader do you?

Written By: Tia on 01/22/06 at 1:02 am

jesse ventura believes that JFK was killed by a conspiracy. that endears me to him. unfortunately i just don't think he was a very good governor.

between him and arnold schwarzenegger i'm convinced we're on the cusp of the end times.

Written By: La Roche on 01/22/06 at 1:21 am

jesse ventura believes that JFK was killed by a conspiracy. that endears me to him. unfortunately i just don't think he was a very good governor.

between him and arnold schwarzenegger i'm convinced we're on the cusp of the end times.

In 2008, we need a wrestler in the whitheouse  ;)

Written By: Harmonica on 01/22/06 at 1:25 am

The man makes a valid point.

We all have the right to practise whatever we want.. he didn't need to add "The Impaler" though, Sharkey is an awesome name  ;D

First point - I agree, not only should Ventura's career as a Pro-Wrestler disqualify him, his outstanding political beliefs should make him more than qualified.

Second point - You don't mean 'THE!' Vader do you?

Vader as in Big Van Vader as in Leon White.

Written By: La Roche on 01/22/06 at 11:55 am

Vader as in Big Van Vader as in Leon White.

Wow, the same man that ripped off Cactus Jack's ear in Germany.

What is he up to now then?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/22/06 at 12:27 pm

And I thought that the California governor election was crazy!  ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/22/06 at 10:24 pm

What's next..King Kong Bundy running for governor of New Jersey(Bundy is from Atlantic City)..or Hulk Hogan for President? OMG that's scary!

Written By: La Roche on 01/22/06 at 10:28 pm

What's next..King Kong Bundy running for governor of New Jersey(Bundy is from Atlantic City)..or Hulk Hogan for President? OMG that's scary!

Don't put ideas in his head, he already has the biggest ego in Wrestling, we don't need him having the biggest ego in the country.

Anyway, Mick Foley is still considering running for Congress on the Democratic Ticket, if he could bring Sabu w/ him he could take Hogan.

Written By: Harmonica on 01/23/06 at 12:11 am

Wow, the same man that ripped off Cactus Jack's ear in Germany.

What is he up to now then?

Well he still wrestles. He's gotten bigger and older, lost a step or too. But by God he's still got it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/23/06 at 12:34 am

Don't put ideas in his head, he already has the biggest ego in Wrestling, we don't need him having the biggest ego in the country.

Anyway, Mick Foley is still considering running for Congress on the Democratic Ticket, if he could bring Sabu w/ him he could take Hogan.

He's not a wrestler, but how about Mel Gibson for governor of California?  You know, after Ahhnold.  "Politainment" to coin a term!
:D

Written By: La Roche on 01/23/06 at 9:10 am

Well he still wrestles. He's gotten bigger and older, lost a step or too. But by God he's still got it.

Of course, nobody would be a better President than Abdullah the Butcher.

He's not a wrestler, but how about Mel Gibson for governor of California?  You know, after Ahhnold.  "Politainment" to coin a term!
:D

Mel could take Hogan and Arnie.
He'd just flash them.. if he was to wear a kilt  ;D

Written By: Harmonica on 01/23/06 at 11:13 pm

Of course, nobody would be a better President than Abdullah the Butcher.

Mel could take Hogan and Arnie.
He'd just flash them.. if he was to wear a kilt  ;D

Hey not many people are fluent in 3 different languages, and can say they've been in a bustin  butt job for over 40 years.  Not to mention being from Canada and having practically the whole world that Knows you thinking your from the Sudan, that's saying a lot.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/28/06 at 8:53 pm

The only thing I don't understand about Sharkey is why he worships Satan..Isn't Satan supposed to be the epitome of all evil?

Written By: La Roche on 01/28/06 at 9:15 pm

The only thing I don't understand about Sharkey is why he worships Satan..Isn't Satan supposed to be the epitome of all evil?

Only if you follow any of the Judeo-Christian religions.

I myself find the concept of a little red man with horns and a pitchfork hilarious.

Check for new replies or respond here...