» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Gore's Speech on Wiretapping

Written By: Tia on 01/17/06 at 4:15 pm

anybody else get a big kick out of it? if only gore had gotten up on his hind legs like that back in 2000 maybe he woulda won.

i know, i know. he actually DID win. but maybe he woulda won more.

Subject: Re: Gore's Speech on Wiretapping

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/17/06 at 11:52 pm

I thought he never would, but i dunno, maybe he'll try to run in '08, like how Nixon made a comeback in '68. I think hes a more likeable candidate then most of the other suggested Democrats..barring Bill Richardson, the governor of New Mexico.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/18/06 at 5:33 am

anybody else get a big kick out of it? if only gore had gotten up on his hind legs like that back in 2000 maybe he woulda won.

i know, i know. he actually DID win. but maybe he woulda won more.

Thanks for clarifiying Tia!  If ind it amusing how the right-wing punditry likes to call Al Gore "unhinged," when they court Zell Miller as the last of the "good Democrats."
I think ole Zell might have tertiary syphilis!
:o

Written By: Tia on 01/18/06 at 10:00 am

Thanks for clarifiying Tia!  If ind it amusing how the right-wing punditry likes to call Al Gore "unhinged," when they court Zell Miller as the last of the "good Democrats."
I think ole Zell might have tertiary syphilis!
:o

anyone who gets the right wing THAT mad can't be all bad.

Written By: McDonald on 01/18/06 at 1:21 pm

I heard it on the Lynn Samuels show yesterday. It was riveting, but what was even better was Lynn screaming "F*CKIN' EH!" in the background.  :)

Written By: witchain on 01/18/06 at 3:03 pm

For those who haven't read/heard it:

http://www.moveon.org/gore-speech.html

Written By: jackas on 01/18/06 at 8:59 pm

Very boring.  This is the same crap they've all (Democrats) been crying over and over and over.  You're all just surprised that Gore finally grew a pair.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/19/06 at 12:00 pm

Very boring.  This is the same crap they've all (Democrats) been crying over and over and over.  You're all just surprised that Gore finally grew a pair.

Maybe if you had 10+ generations of family that have lived in this country and fought for it's freedoms on more than one occasion you would appreciate them more.  >:(

Written By: danootaandme on 01/19/06 at 6:56 pm

Maybe if you had 10+ generations of family that have lived in this country and fought for it's freedoms on more than one occasion you would appreciate them more.  >:(

Many times it is the 10+ who are the ones willing to throw it away, being far distanced from the reality of what they are losing.

Written By: jackas on 01/19/06 at 7:54 pm

No, that wouldn't change my feelings as all.  And what makes you think I don't have 10+ gen.?

Written By: jackas on 01/19/06 at 7:55 pm

Oh, and Alex.... :-*

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/19/06 at 11:12 pm

Many times it is the 10+ who are the ones willing to throw it away, being far distanced from the reality of what they are losing.

Yeah, but i also see this attitude among a lot of immigrants that "well in our old country the government would break into your house at night, take away the men and rape the women, so as long as they arent doing that everything else is a-ok!", and it frightens me.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/20/06 at 2:49 am

It seems this quote will come in very handy at some point in the future. :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/20/06 at 11:19 am

It seems this quote will come in very handy at some point in the future. :)

I can't imagine why.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/06 at 12:10 pm

Yeah, but i also see this attitude among a lot of immigrants that "well in our old country the government would break into your house at night, take away the men and rape the women, so as long as they arent doing that everything else is a-ok!", and it frightens me.

That is the attitude of many who have been here.  It really doesn't matter if you have been here 10+,
like you, me and many others, or if you just stepped off of the boat 10 minutes ago.  It is understanding
what the he$$ is going on and why.

Check for new replies or respond here...