» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Cheney shoots fellow hunter by accident

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/13/06 at 12:43 am

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060212/capt.13e316d126974192a699bf8b1bb19ab7.cheney_hunting_accident_ny112.jpg?x=180&y=241&sig=A0223U7tfSlxOP6luYhGGA--
Would you trust this man with a gun?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060213/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_hunting_accident

Anyway, the other guy didn't use the proper signal so it's his fault he got nailed in the chest with shotgun pellets, not Cheney's.  If you must shoot somebody, let it be a millionaire attorney from Texas!

Guns don't shoot people, Dicks do.

Can you imagine if John Kerry shot another guy on the hunting range?  It's conjecture, but I'll bet the media would play the story in quite a different tone!
::)

Subject: Re: Cheney shoots fellow hunter by accident

Written By: Red Ant on 02/13/06 at 4:52 am

The other guy didn't use the "proper signal"? Nothing says "Hey, I'm not a target" like wearing a FULL BLAZE ORANGE vest!

I've been bird hunting a few times a while back and, I'm sorry, birds rarely stay anywhere near the ground line once flushed. Barring some weird elevation difference I don't see how this can happen.

Also, the news reports said the lawyer came up from behind Cheney. So, he followed this bird 180* and fired (at ground line) and hit an attourney in the face? Sounds reckless to me.

Written By: witchain on 02/13/06 at 10:44 am

I am a hunter and such things simply don't happen when proper gun safety rules are being followed.
                         BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND BEYOND!

If this were to happen around here charges would be filed. It's as simple as that.
Maybe Cheney was trying to prove that semi-auto shotguns are dangerous? Well, no sh!t.
This "presidency" got a lot of votes by being "pro-hunting" and were endorsed by the NRA.
Mr. Cheney sure farked that image up!

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/13/06 at 1:55 pm

What's more notable in this story is that they failed to report it to the proper authorities.  Generally when someone is admitted to a hospital with a gun wound, whether it's accidental or not, it has to be reported.  Failure to report, generally results in the shooter being shown a small concrete room with a toilet next to the bed.

The controversy isn't that Cheney shot someone by accident.  It's that he thought it needed to be covered up.  I guess when you're used to covering things up, you cover everything up.

I wouldn't even call what they took part in "hunting" anyways.  They release 500 pen raised birds and let the rich buffons shoot them out of the sky.  They released 500 birds Saturday, and more than 400 were shot dead by the end of the day.  Yeah, real sporting. At least the animals won't have to starve to death, since being raised in captivity they'll lack the ability to feed themselves.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/13/06 at 2:50 pm

I wonder if they gave Dick a breathalizer?  I guess if the cops weren't called, that's unlikely. 

Written By: McDonald on 02/13/06 at 3:22 pm

I laughed uncontrollably when I heard this story. What an idiot.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/13/06 at 3:46 pm

I laughed uncontrollably when I heard this story. What an idiot.

I just shrugged and went back to reading the other headlines.  Seemed like a stupid mistake.  Then you hear about the coverup, and you begin to wonder a little more about it.

Written By: KKay on 02/13/06 at 4:04 pm

I heard. Genius.

Now all the guns will be taken away.  If he can't be smart, the idiots in the woods can't be smart.
If they do that, what will my hunting relatives do? Dad never shot anyone.

jerk.

Written By: witchain on 02/13/06 at 6:20 pm

I wouldn't even call what they took part in "hunting" anyways.  They release 500 pen raised birds and let the rich buffons shoot them out of the sky.  They released 500 birds Saturday, and more than 400 were shot dead by the end of the day.

Do you have a source for that? I would love to see it.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/13/06 at 7:09 pm

That is hilarious.  ;D

Probably not for the guy who got shot though!  :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/13/06 at 7:13 pm

Do you have a source for that? I would love to see it.

Sorry, the source I read that from was referring to a past hunting trip in 2003 (they didn't note it originally, but are noting it now).  No idea how many birds he killed this time.

here's a description of the 2003 trip (from a more reliable source):

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/03343/249105.stm

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/13/06 at 9:01 pm

What's more notable in this story is that they failed to report it to the proper authorities.  Generally when someone is admitted to a hospital with a gun wound, whether it's accidental or not, it has to be reported.  Failure to report, generally results in the shooter being shown a small concrete room with a toilet next to the bed.

The controversy isn't that Cheney shot someone by accident.  It's that he thought it needed to be covered up.  I guess when you're used to covering things up, you cover everything up.

I wouldn't even call what they took part in "hunting" anyways.  They release 500 pen raised birds and let the rich buffons shoot them out of the sky.  They released 500 birds Saturday, and more than 400 were shot dead by the end of the day.  Yeah, real sporting. At least the animals won't have to starve to death, since being raised in captivity they'll lack the ability to feed themselves.

I like the idea of releasing 500 corporate lawyers and 400 are shot dead by the end of the day.  That's what you call a need for more target practice!
I want to know if there was any drinking going on before hand.  Cheney has a couple of DUIs under his belt.  He's known for the raising of the wrist.  I sense a coverup!

Written By: witchain on 02/14/06 at 12:32 pm

I want to know if there was any drinking going on before hand.  Cheney has a couple of DUIs under his belt. 

He definitely had time to sleep it off and take a shower before he decided it was OK to report the incident.
It makes sense to me. It actually makes a lot of sense...

Written By: Tia on 02/14/06 at 12:41 pm

hopefully this will clarify some things and bring a little sanity to the discussion.

http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.security.misc/2001-12/0334.html

"George Bush was highly active in the Lampe, Missouri and Mount Shasta,
California retreat compounds. Just like Lampe, Shasta's cover was
country music. According to everyone I knew, singer and songwriter Merle
Haggard supposedly ran the show at Lake Shasta, diverting any and all
attention from the nearby Mount Shasta compound. Shasta was the largest
covert mind control slave camp of which I am aware. Hidden in the wooded
hills, military fencing corrals an enormous fleet of unmarked black
helicopters and more mind controlled military robots than I saw in all
of Haiti. This covert military operation served its own agenda, not
America's. I was told and overheard that it was a base for the future
Multi Jurisdictional Police Force for enforcing order and law in the New
World Order. In the center of the high security compound, was another
well-guarded military-fenced area that was regarded as a "Camp David" of
sorts for those running our country. George Bush and Dick Cheney shared
an office there, and claimed the outer perimeter woods as their own
hunting ground where they played "A Most Dangerous Game." Predicated on
conversations I overheard between the two, it was this world police
military background that earned Dick Cheney his cabinet appointment as
Secretary of Defense with the Bush Administration. "

it's cheney's most dangerous game! now it all makes sense.

seriously though, i'm listening to the press conference (is mcclellan still press secretary?) and he's just getting SLAMMED with questions about this. they kinda made their own bed by being so dang secretive about everything.

i bet cheney WAS toasted.

Written By: Tia on 02/14/06 at 1:05 pm

"Bush looked at Cheney and burst out laughing. The sight of him dressed
in his hunting clothes with a huge bore double-barreled shotgun to his
shoulder inspired Bush to tell him he "looked like Elmer Fudd." Cheney,
imitating the cartoon character, said, "Where is that waskily wabbit?"

Operation The King and Eye would involve Reagan's #1 envoy Philip Habib
(who cryptically played the Alice in Wonderland role of the White Rabbit
with slaves such as myself) and Saudi Arabian King Fahd. So when Bush
referred to the two as "Elmer Fahd and the Waskily Wabbit," he and
Cheney laughed until they cried. Since both were already high from drugs
anyway, they had a great deal of difficulty maintaining composure long
enough to complete my programming. "

naturally i had my suspicions something like this was going on.

Written By: Tia on 02/14/06 at 2:54 pm

well. THAT killed the conversation.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/06 at 3:23 pm

well. THAT killed the conversation.

Hardly!

The radio host Tom Hartmann (sp?) said maybe Cheney's problem is he's paranoid.  He lives in a state of constant fear.  He has reason to believe "terrorist" groups worldwide are trying to kill him.  Cheney and Rumsfeld have been fear-mongering ever since they got into government in the 1970s.  Their motivation was always to keep the public in fear of "communism" or "terrorism" in order to maintain public support for the military-industrial complex, which is great for corporate profits.  Cheney not only sells fear, he believes in fear, his lives in fear.  Cheney is a paranoid.  Hence, you add a few martinis and a shotgun, and you've got yourself a recipe for disaster!

The stooges on FOX News are trying to play down Cheney's reckless and violent behavior...bu is that anything new?
One of the blonde bimbos on the morning crew described the shotgun pellets as BB's.  Another conceded the shotgun shot was indeed what it was, but the pellets are tiny.  FOX News is proving itself without a doubt a tool of the Adminstration.  They are more jealously and angrily guarding their masters then ever.  They are attempting subterfuge by cursing Al Gore's "treasonous" speech to the Saudis.  The Washington Times is doing the same thing.  They editorialize the press corps was drilling McLellan so hard out of anger at being denied the big story before the Corpus Christi newspaper.  The rightwing media will try and try and try to obfuscate, but they can't hide from this baby.  The veep shot a 78 year-old man in the vitals and his victim went to intensive care where he had a heart attack.  Whether or not Cheney was boozing it, whether or not Cheney was sun-blinded, whether or not the old guy walked in front of Cheney's gun will all have to be investigated.  But Cheney shot Whittington, no doubt about that!  If Cheney had been hunting bigger game with a bigger gun, Whittington would be D-E-A-D at the scene and the question would be one of what degree of MANSLAUGHTER with which to charge Cheney.

The prosecution and the press couldn't ask enough questions about Clinton, Lewinsky, the blue dress, and the cigar.  I expect no less of an investigation into Cheney's "mishap."  

And since when is "hunting" cruising around in a car and taking potshots at doped up birds?  That's not hunting, that's just sadistical bloodsport!  And wasn't Cheney the one who scoffed at Kerry when Kerry went geese hunting because Kerry's hunting fatigues "looked new."  That's as if to imply Kerry wasn't a real man who did real hunting!  Well, at least Kerry didn't give his companion two in the hat!  And what if Kerry, or Gore, or Schumer, or Clinton(s), or Reed (or pick yer Dem) did the same thing Cheney did--shooting at birds from a car--with rumors of adult beverages involved?  There would be round the clock FOX/Limbaugh/Matthews/Carlson/Russert coverage blasting about "just how big a criminal--traitor--idiot--phony this guy is and isn't this indicative of the nature of the Democrat Party at large?, and just how much will this hurt the Dems in the '06 elections?"

According to the National Rifle Association, a Holy See of the GOP, the responsibility in shooting rests solely on he who pulls the trigger.  

What's with law enforcement?  If you or I shot somebody--by accident or not--the cops would drill us with questions.  If you or I shot another person and failed to report the accident, we would be taken downtown in cuffs for questioning.  What's with that expired hunting license?

If the world didn't loathe Dick Cheney, he might have got on camera that very same evening and said, "Gee-whiz, we had a terrible accident while we were hunting.  I made the worst error in judgment and I shot Mr. Whittiington.  Gosh, you can't imagine how terrible I feel about this.  We are doing everything we can to make sure Mr. Whittington gets the best medical care possible....etc., etc., " but Dick knows everybody hates him and he had no way to make a statement that wouldn't go over like a lead balloon.
For one thing, I don't think Cheney cares when he hurts people!

Mr. Whittington is being a good sport about the whole thing...he better, he just better...or else!

As a caller to Mr. Hartmann's program pointed out, isn't this the usual Republican strategy?  Shoot first, ask questions later, blame the victim!
:P

Written By: Tia on 02/14/06 at 4:08 pm

lol! they did NOT say that, did they? shotgun pellets are small?!? dur.

on washington journal this morning (c-span) there was a lot of this stuff, talking about gore's speech in saudi arabia on the one hand, and, on the other, about how sad it is to be hunting birds that have been pinned up their whole lives. it's like a skeet shoot. very lame.

i personally like the theory that they waited for cheney to sober up before they broke the news. i thought i heard them talking about some elmer fudd satirical things in some paper so i did a keyword search on "cheney fudd" and that's how i found that amazing most-dangerous-game conspiracy stuff.

you really should have heard that press conference. mcclellan got nothin'. he kept saying, "the american people don't want to talk about this."

um, yes we do.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/06 at 4:42 pm

lol! they did NOT say that, did they? shotgun pellets are small?!? dur.

on washington journal this morning (c-span) there was a lot of this stuff, talking about gore's speech in saudi arabia on the one hand, and, on the other, about how sad it is to be hunting birds that have been pinned up their whole lives. it's like a skeet shoot. very lame.

i personally like the theory that they waited for cheney to sober up before they broke the news. i thought i heard them talking about some elmer fudd satirical things in some paper so i did a keyword search on "cheney fudd" and that's how i found that amazing most-dangerous-game conspiracy stuff.

you really should have heard that press conference. mcclellan got nothin'. he kept saying, "the american people don't want to talk about this."

um, yes we do.

Ah, Jedi mind games!  Who does McLellan think he is?  Obi Wan Kenobie? 
;D
The VP shoots an old guy with a shotgun and "the American people don't want to talk about this"!
The funny thing is, that press conference didn't sound much different from any other.  The press corps gets irritated because the can't get a straight answer and McLellan gets irritated because he can't answer their questions.  McLellan's just the flack, after all.  The White House either doesn't give him the information, or forbids him to tell the press.  This is the most secretive administration in living memory, and they have much to be secretive about!
Yes, the FOX News bimbos did call shot gun pellets BB's, and they did describe them as "tiny."
I saw the open phones segment of C-Span.  It was pretty sorry listening to callers trying to stick up for Cheney.  If only Cheney's defenders had as much ammo as Cheney did!
;D
The problem with your conspiracy theories of secretive societies is they're unnecessary in the case of the Bush Administration because the Bushies have proven time and again they ARE a conspiring and secretive society in themselves!
:o

Written By: Tia on 02/14/06 at 4:57 pm

yeah, i think there was a sea change after the plame leak because the press felt real betrayed over that. they used to just kiss his behind but nowadays if he dodges a question with his "we're trying to do the work of the american people" thing they hold his feet to the fire a lot more. he still doesn't ever answer the question though.

yeah, this is pretty much the most secretive administration ever. but that theory is hilarious though! who couldn't love the drug-addled cheney doing elmer fudd imitations! and to the accompaniment of merle haggard! priceless.

Written By: witchain on 02/14/06 at 5:01 pm

It was funny!

I would like to add that the shot pellets fired most likely were "tiny", as if that matters.
One was big enough to give the man a heart attack.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/06 at 5:11 pm

It was funny!

I would like to add that the shot pellets fired most likely were "tiny", as if that matters.
One was big enough to give the man a heart attack.

Not as tiny as the poverbial figleaf with which the White House is trying to cover this exposed giant Dick!
:-[ :-X

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/06 at 5:14 pm

yeah, i think there was a sea change after the plame leak because the press felt real betrayed over that. they used to just kiss his behind but nowadays if he dodges a question with his "we're trying to do the work of the american people" thing they hold his feet to the fire a lot more. he still doesn't ever answer the question though.

yeah, this is pretty much the most secretive administration ever. but that theory is hilarious though! who couldn't love the drug-addled cheney doing elmer fudd imitations! and to the accompaniment of merle haggard! priceless.

Merle was haggered and Jimmy swaggered!

Written By: jaytee on 02/15/06 at 10:15 am

Give an idiot a gun and there's bound to be trouble  :o

Written By: Tia on 02/15/06 at 12:11 pm

I wanna know who McClellan pissed off to get stuck in that job.  I mean, it's gotta' SUCK trying to defend Dubya & his cronies ;D

Anyway, "the American people don't want to talk about this"?  Like you said, um, yes we do....if we didn't, we wouldnt' be asking the questions, DUMAS!
i'm figuring that's why that last guy decided to spend more time with his family. what was his name again? i can picture him but i forget his name.

Written By: Tia on 02/15/06 at 2:20 pm

yeah, dat's him. when he was in the position (so to speak) the press was a lot more buttkissin' than it is now, but i remember watching it and thinking, ari, how can you live with yourself, tellin' all those whoppers with a straight face?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/15/06 at 3:32 pm

Give an idiot a gun and there's bound to be trouble  :o
Yep! And Cheney, as well as Bush the Second, are the biggest idiots in America right now! And we're stuck with those two mental midgets till 2009!

Bush=Dumb
Cheney=Dumber!

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/15/06 at 4:01 pm

http://i1.tinypic.com/nv4lty.jpg

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/15/06 at 6:55 pm

http://i1.tinypic.com/nv4lty.jpg
LMAOROFL!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/15/06 at 10:17 pm

I wanna know who McClellan pissed off to get stuck in that job.  I mean, it's gotta' SUCK trying to defend Dubya & his cronies ;D

Anyway, "the American people don't want to talk about this"?  Like you said, um, yes we do....if we didn't, we wouldnt' be asking the questions, DUMAS!

That's what I call the Bushes...Dumas, pere and Dumas, fils!
:D
If I was McClellan, I'd just resign on the spot....but then again, I'M NOT!

Bush=Dumb
Cheney=Dumber!

No, Georgie is dicker than dumb, er, dumber than Dick.  Cheney's problem is being vicious and paranoid, and on top of that, he has a long history of irresponsibility!  That combo does not auger well for personal well-being! 

Written By: Tia on 02/15/06 at 11:19 pm

LMAOROFL!
yeah, that's classic, man.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/16/06 at 9:47 am

so now Cheney admits he had a beer at lunch, but that was it... no other drinking after that.

funny, because I saw the administration apologists claiming he couldn't drink due to his heart condition and medications.

how much longer until the story changes again I wonder?

too bad this nonsense distracts from the fact that the Valarie Plume affair has unfolded more this week and shown that he lied about his involvement and is far more serious than this little incident.

Written By: Tia on 02/16/06 at 1:39 pm

conspiracy theories rock.

i still say this is all a security breach related to the most dangerous game dude ranch they have out in colorado where merle haggard plays country music and black helicopters hover overhead while bush and cheney hunt naked people and do elmer fudd imitations.

it's the only rational explanation.

Written By: KKay on 02/16/06 at 1:45 pm

Did the man he shot look like this? Moron.
http://www.old-barn-wood.com/0463cd20.jpg

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/16/06 at 4:15 pm

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/06 at 6:14 pm

Or like this?
http://www.kepplerspeakers.com/speakers/pics/quayle-d.jpg

Written By: Mushroom on 02/16/06 at 6:14 pm

I myself have no problem with what happened.

In fact, I wish it was open season year-round for lawyers.

If you ask me, I think he needs to aim a little better next time, it was not a clean hit.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/06 at 6:17 pm

so now Cheney admits he had a beer at lunch, but that was it... no other drinking after that.

funny, because I saw the administration apologists claiming he couldn't drink due to his heart condition and medications.

how much longer until the story changes again I wonder?

too bad this nonsense distracts from the fact that the Valarie Plume affair has unfolded more this week and shown that he lied about his involvement and is far more serious than this little incident.

Maybe the beer was one of these:
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/3108/Colt45.JPG

I think they're lying about the alcohol, but we will never know for sure.  We do know Cheney shot a man in the face, and that Cheney is not a sympathetic character.  I'm far more interested in the leaked classified documents, and these internment camps Halliburton is going to build on U.S. soil!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/16/06 at 6:17 pm

Hi all.  I haven't posted for a while, but I had to throw this in.  I got an email today with the suject "New Bumper Sticker."  It said " I'D RATHER HUNT WITH CHENEY THAN DRIVE WITH KENNEDY."  I just about fell off my chair.  Can't people just admit that yes, Cheney shot his friend, and yes, that sucks, without having to say "well Kennedy drowned a woman!"  

Apparently, the fact that Kennedy was involved in an auto accident 30 years ago where a woman drowned trumps this latest Republican snafu, and makes everything that Cheney did A-Ok.  

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/06 at 6:25 pm

Hi all.  I haven't posted for a while, but I had to throw this in.  I got an email today with the suject "New Bumper Sticker."  It said " I'D RATHER HUNT WITH CHENEY THAN DRIVE WITH KENNEDY."  I just about fell off my chair.  Can't people just admit that yes, Cheney shot his friend, and yes, that sucks, without having to say "well Kennedy drowned a woman!" 

Apparently, the fact that Kennedy was involved in an auto accident 30 years ago where a woman drowned trumps this latest Republican snafu, and makes everything that Cheney did A-Ok. 

If we liberals absolve Dick Cheney from his hunting accident, will you conservatives finally shut the **** up about Chappaquiddick?
Answer: No.  Not even after Ted is dead!

I pointed out that if Cheney was hunting bigger game with rifle, Whittington would be dead.  However, the single-bullet conjecture doesn't work, because if Cheney was using a rifle, he would have missed Whittington altogether!

Written By: Mushroom on 02/16/06 at 6:29 pm

If we liberals absolve Dick Cheney from his hunting accident, will you conservatives finally shut the **** up about Chappaquiddick?

At least Dick admitted what he did, and apologized.  And I am sure he did not take off and just leave his friend bleeding on the ground.

I actually had a bumpersticker on my car once that read "My pistol has killed less people then Ted Kennedy's car".

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/16/06 at 6:35 pm

LOL!!

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/17/06 at 6:22 pm

At least Dick admitted what he did, and apologized.  And I am sure he did not take off and just leave his friend bleeding on the ground.

He might not have left him bleeding on the ground, but it took about as long for him to report the accident as it took Kennedy.

After a few minutes the woman would have been dead if Kennedy ran right for help, so arguing about how long it took for him to report it to a cop is pretty immaterial.  The best you can argue, is that he should have tried to free her himself.  Considering how drunk he was, I have a hard time believing that would have even been a reasonable option.

Cheney on the other hand has lied about what occured.  Lied about alcohol being present, and lied about the distance the lawyer was from him at the time he was shot (the lawyer couldn't have been more than a few yards away).

I hate to let facts get in the way of the usual right-wing smear job

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/18/06 at 5:47 am

Cheney + alcoholic beverage + gun = VERY BAD COMBINATION!

But the Congress will go easy on ol' Dickie...he won't have to worry about something bad happening to him, and he'll get away with yet another misdeed!

I wonder how many alcoholic beverages he really had during that hunting trip...It's a good thing that Bush the Second was not on that trip, because get George W. drunk, and give him a rifle, that would really make a mess!

Written By: danootaandme on 02/18/06 at 6:55 am

I say let's sign cheney up for a couple of more barbeques with lots of pork, beef, and beer, but without the traveling emergency
response team.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/18/06 at 7:32 am

Cheney + alcoholic beverage + gun = VERY BAD COMBINATION!

But the Congress will go easy on ol' Dickie...he won't have to worry about something bad happening to him, and he'll get away with yet another misdeed!

I wonder how many alcoholic beverages he really had during that hunting trip...It's a good thing that Bush the Second was not on that trip, because get George W. drunk, and give him a rifle, that would really make a mess!

Hey, what fun is a good old fashioned Texas Hunting Trip without a few brewskies?

I used to have a customer in Texas who had his own 20,000 acre ranch.  Once a year he would invite some execs down to his place where we would drink beer and fire those weapons.  At the end of the day a group picture was taken.  Thise pictures were priceless!  ;)

Written By: Tia on 02/18/06 at 9:08 am

sheriff: sir, are those guns loaded?
hunter: yes, sir, and so are we!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/18/06 at 12:31 pm

I actually had a bumpersticker on my car once that read "My pistol has killed less people then Ted Kennedy's car".

Yeah, I'll bet you did.  A complete nonsequitur, btw.  Chappaquiddick was more than 35 years ago.  To point at Ted Kennedy every time a Republican commits a crime is utterly pathetic.  Ted didn't lie us into an unnecessary war in which 2500 American soldiers have been killed and thousands more critically injured!  On the average work day, I'll bet Dick Cheney commits more crimes before noon than Ted Kennedy has committed in his entire life!
:D
The reason Cheney admitted what he did was there was no way he could hide actually blasting Whittington in the face and chest with bird shot.  However, Whittington slipped up and told everybody it happened on Friday, not Saturday!  In other words, Cheney and the boys tried to cover it up and failed.  The crime they are really covering up, IMO, is that Cheney was drunk as a skunk out there on the range!  If they were obeying all other rules and regs, and just had a mishap, why would they avoid the cops and the press for more than a day?  Cheney was soused on booze which augmented his other meds making him even more loopy.  One beer at lunch, sure, Dick, suuuure!  Otay!

Written By: Jessica on 02/18/06 at 3:27 pm

Has anyone noticed that Cheney's victim looks like the b*stard child of John Kerry and Dubya? Or am I just high/drunk?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/18/06 at 8:50 pm

Everybody run..the sloshed V.P.'s got a gun! Sorry to those who might like Julie from MTV's heyday..but I could not resist using that 'homecoming queen' song...

Hey cheney..have a few beers...or maybe a whole d*mn case!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/19/06 at 4:36 pm

Has anyone noticed that Cheney's victim looks like the b*stard child of John Kerry and Dubya? Or am I just high/drunk?

I dunno, but the state of current events makes it awful hard for me to resist spending the whole week high and drunk!  When I was a kid, Nancy Reagan told me to "just say no," but doggone it, at least give me a reason as an adult today--such as a future with sane political leaders, a functioning economy, and an inhabitable planet!
:P

Everybody run..the sloshed V.P.'s got a gun! Sorry to those who might like Julie from MTV's heyday..but I could not resist using that 'homecoming queen' song...

Get out your mike and your accordion and record it and send it to Dr. Demento...before Weird Al does!
8)

Written By: Tia on 02/19/06 at 5:40 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=14019;type=avatar

to completely change the subject -- wow, THIS got my attention! i'm seeing some great avatars these days.

don't let harmonica see you like that.

Written By: Mushroom on 02/19/06 at 6:42 pm

This must be the first time I have ever heard so much uproar about somebody shooting a millionaire Lawyer.

Of course, they were out shooting Quail after all.

I wonder if anybody would have said anything if Dick had shot Dan Quayle.  They could always serve him with potatoes.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/20/06 at 6:55 pm

Maybe Cheney and Bush the Second could go hunting together...along with a few cases of Bud and some bags of pretzels....

The pretzels would be for Bush!

Cheney" was that a quail I saw? Guess so! Well, I'll have another beer to wash down my meds!"

Bush gagging on that pretzel....

Written By: Jessica on 02/20/06 at 7:46 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=14019;type=avatar

to completely change the subject -- wow, THIS got my attention! i'm seeing some great avatars these days.

don't let harmonica see you like that.

He sees all of us like that anyways.  ::)  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 02/21/06 at 5:27 am

http://www.bobrivers.com/audiovault/downloads/cheneyvid.asp

Written By: philbo on 02/22/06 at 5:39 pm

In addition to the dozens of parodies on this subject, I've done a couple of album parodies, too: one Aerosmith, and one Iron Cheney.. er.. Maiden.  Enjoy ;)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/22/06 at 6:24 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sRYvkSGAm7w&search=Dick%20Cheney%20Is%20A%20Dick

Dick Cheney Is A Dick

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/22/06 at 6:57 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sRYvkSGAm7w&search=Dick%20Cheney%20Is%20A%20Dick

Dick Cheney Is A Dick

I want two minutes of my life back after watching that dreck....

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/23/06 at 6:12 am

Then you hear about the coverup, and you begin to wonder a little more about it.

http://boortz.com/images/funny/marlette_just_criminal.gif

Written By: Tia on 02/23/06 at 9:13 am

http://boortz.com/images/funny/marlette_just_criminal.gif
omg! is this really another chappaquiddick reference? how long are y'all gonna keep milking chappaquiddick for?

really, i want you to admit that you just made a chappaquiddick reference. type it out and send it so i'll know you guys are really still using that.

Written By: Tia on 02/23/06 at 9:28 am

FOREVER ^-^
gawd. it's pitiful.

Written By: Mushroom on 02/23/06 at 1:32 pm

omg! is this really another chappaquiddick reference? how long are y'all gonna keep milking chappaquiddick for?

really, i want you to admit that you just made a chappaquiddick reference. type it out and send it so i'll know you guys are really still using that.

Well, why do "Liberals" bring up any past infraction by "Conservatives" then?

Look, it is one thing to scream about "bringing up old issues".  But the credability is lost when it is done by both sides in a debate.

For one, I am sick to death of hearing Reagan, Bush Sr., or Nixon just because it has some kind of connection to a current issue.  Maybe if some people stop bringing things like that up, then other people will stop bringing up Clinton, Kennedy and Johnson.

Written By: Tia on 02/23/06 at 5:48 pm

Well, why do "Liberals" bring up any past infraction by "Conservatives" then?

Look, it is one thing to scream about "bringing up old issues".  But the credability is lost when it is done by both sides in a debate.

For one, I am sick to death of hearing Reagan, Bush Sr., or Nixon just because it has some kind of connection to a current issue.  Maybe if some people stop bringing things like that up, then other people will stop bringing up Clinton, Kennedy and Johnson.
Well, Reagan and bush sr. are at least within the last 30 years. Plus a lot of people from the Reagan/bush sr. administrations are in the current administration. But Chappaquiddick? Come on. when was that, 1969?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/24/06 at 12:04 am

gawd. it's pitiful.

What did I tell ya in this very thread?  It's bad enough righty-right pundits are still on about "Bill Clinton this, and Bill Clinton that," but every time a Republican does something bad, they say, "oh yeah, well, Chappaquddick something something something!"  Man, the Chappaquiddick kid turned 74 yesterday!  This is like going on with, "How about that Warren Harding, what a big crook, eh?"
I know, I know, "Just you ask Mary Jo Kaopektate's family and blah blah blah!"

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/24/06 at 4:34 am

how long are y'all gonna keep milking chappaquiddick for?

I'll stop forever if Massachusetts residents wise-up and throw Kennedy out of the U.S. senate this November.

But looking at the polls, it's not going to happen.

Written By: Tia on 02/24/06 at 8:06 am

I'll stop forever if Massachusetts residents wise-up and throw Kennedy out of the U.S. senate this November.

it's your own funeral if you dont. yall look silly when you go on and on about something that happened to a senator 35 years ago. plus, that girl mary jo kopechne whatever her name was, DIED, yo. and you're trying to use her death for political gain. kinda leaves a bad taste in people's mouths, ya know?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/24/06 at 3:24 pm

Kennedy may run unopposed for the first time in his 44 year senatorial career this fall.  However, the next term should be his last.  He should retire at the age of 80!  I think his health will begin deteriorating in the next few years.

Written By: Tia on 02/24/06 at 9:53 pm

another reason to put chappaquiddick firmly in the past is that everything involved with it is so damned hard to SPELL! what is it, kopchne, kopekne!?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/24/06 at 9:58 pm

another reason to put chappaquiddick firmly in the past is that everything involved with it is so damned hard to SPELL! what is it, kopchne, kopekne!?

Well, you don't spell it son, you drink it! Heh heh!

Written By: Tia on 02/24/06 at 10:03 pm

Well, you don't spell it son, you drink it! Heh heh!
lol. my like fourth attempt to rekarma maxwell today...

mackswell? makswel smurt?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/24/06 at 10:26 pm

lol. my like fourth attempt to rekarma maxwell today...

mackswell? makswel smurt?

Smaht, if your from Massachusetts!  Remember Pam Smaht? OK, she was from NH, but the southeast corner of NH is basically exurban Boston!

Check for new replies or respond here...