» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The Biggest Issue

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/16/06 at 4:35 pm

I won't vote, so I don't start a trend.

Subject: Re: The Biggest Issue

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/06 at 5:54 pm

I haven't voted yet because I find it hard to parse one Big Issue from the other.  Your poll identifies THE biggest issues, but they are all interconnected.  I would not downplay the issue of personal well-being.  I think the economic and civic destruction of America ongoing in the Bush Administration is corrosive to the individual sense of well-being among oppenants and supporters of Bush alike. 

I proffer not an issue but a goal as most important right now: the goal of getting rid of the Bush Administration and the Republican majority in Congress.  That's the immediate need before we can begin to reform the other problems.  If you have a scorpion down your pants, the scorpion outweighs all the other problems in your life.  That's what the Bush Administration and Republican majority is---a metaphorical scorpion-down-the-pants!
:o :o :o

OK--I'm voting for Rights:
1. the rights outlined in the Bill of Rights, especially the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Eighth Amendments.
2. the rights to decent healthcare, housing, healthcare, education, good nutrition, childcare, eldercare, and gainful employment,
Conservatives will declare indignantly, "Those are not rights!"  Ah, and they are correct.  That is why we citizens of humane conscience must FORCE them from the status of prvilege to the status of rights.
Rights are not given, they are taken!

Check for new replies or respond here...