» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: George Wallace Rally

Written By: Mushroom on 02/16/06 at 6:27 pm

http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060216/APN/602160994&cachetime=5

It seems that George Wallace (D) is following in dad's footsteps.

In kicking off his run for Lieutenant Governor of Alabama, he is kicking it off with a "Good old fashioned 'George Wallace' style rally".

I wonder if he is going to have Birmingham Police, firehoses, and police dogs there as well.

Subject: Re: George Wallace Rally

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/06 at 6:37 pm

Oh, gawd, this sounds hideous:

"It will feature hot dogs, speeches, and entertainment by Rick Derringer."

There's no telling the potential of a political legacy case who can get grilled franks and the "Rock and Roll Hoochie-Koo" guy to his rally!
:D

BTW, Derringer's "Rock and Roll Hoochie-Koo" was the first 45 my friend Blain ever bought!  I mean, not that it matters or nothin'!

Written By: Mushroom on 02/16/06 at 7:53 pm

Oh, gawd, this sounds hideous:

"It will feature hot dogs, speeches, and entertainment by Rick Derringer."

There's no telling the potential of a political legacy case who can get grilled franks and the "Rock and Roll Hoochie-Koo" guy to his rally!
:D

Well, I am more concerned because he is just like his daddy, one of the most racist politicians to ever run for office.

This is why I vote for the person, not the party.  I am sure that a lot of African-Americans will vote for him, simply because he is a Democrat.

And if he was running as a Republican, I would cross party lines, just to try and make sure he was not elected.  He currently is an Alabama Public Safety Comissioner, and once held the post of State Treasurer.

And of course, he wants to be Governor someday, just like his mommy and daddy were.  If that happens, I will have to look for another place to live.  And if he becomes Lt. Governor, then I hope you will all pray for the health of the Republican Governor, since that is the only thing standing in the way of a return to the Alabama of the 1950's and 1960's.

Written By: EthanM on 02/16/06 at 8:29 pm

This is why checks and balances are important on all levels. So if the electorate makes a terrible mistake when voting on a chief executive, the damage can be controlled to an extent.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/06 at 2:50 pm

Well, I am more concerned because he is just like his daddy, one of the most racist politicians to ever run for office.

This is why I vote for the person, not the party.  I am sure that a lot of African-Americans will vote for him, simply because he is a Democrat.

And if he was running as a Republican, I would cross party lines, just to try and make sure he was not elected.  He currently is an Alabama Public Safety Comissioner, and once held the post of State Treasurer.

And of course, he wants to be Governor someday, just like his mommy and daddy were.  If that happens, I will have to look for another place to live.  And if he becomes Lt. Governor, then I hope you will all pray for the health of the Republican Governor, since that is the only thing standing in the way of a return to the Alabama of the 1950's and 1960's.

I dunno, if he really is as racist as his pop, and word gets out, it might not be enough to win over the Blacks.  If David Duke ran as a Democrat, do you think African-Americans would vote fore him?  Baby Wallace might win a state office in Alabama, but he hasn't got a prayer of going national.  If he has said blatantly racist things on public record, he's finished.

Written By: Mushroom on 02/17/06 at 3:04 pm

I dunno, if he really is as racist as his pop, and word gets out, it might not be enough to win over the Blacks.  If David Duke ran as a Democrat, do you think African-Americans would vote fore him?  Baby Wallace might win a state office in Alabama, but he hasn't got a prayer of going national.  If he has said blatantly racist things on public record, he's finished.

George Sr's "change of heart" was only a political whitewash.  He simply realized in the 1970's that his old ways would not get elected anymore, so he "turned over a new leaf".

George Jr. is just like his daddy was before the change.  He has spoken at "Council Of Conservative Citizens" (CCC) conventions many times.  He did this in 1988, twice in 1999, and again in 2005.  This group is openly racist, and is a target of the Southern Poverty Law Center.

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/news/item.jsp?site_area=1&aid=109
http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=360

And I was mistaken.  George Jr. Is running as a Republican.  So guess who I am voting for in November?  That's right, the Democrat.

Written By: gmann on 02/22/06 at 4:01 pm

This is why checks and balances are important on all levels. So if the electorate makes a terrible mistake when voting on a chief executive, the damage can be controlled to an extent.

The checks and balances are only as reliable as the percentage of those who actually bother to get their butts to the polls...which in most years is laughable. We get the government we deserve.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/22/06 at 6:13 pm

George Sr's "change of heart" was only a political whitewash.  He simply realized in the 1970's that his old ways would not get elected anymore, so he "turned over a new leaf".

George Jr. is just like his daddy was before the change.  He has spoken at "Council Of Conservative Citizens" (CCC) conventions many times.  He did this in 1988, twice in 1999, and again in 2005.  This group is openly racist, and is a target of the Southern Poverty Law Center.

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/news/item.jsp?site_area=1&aid=109
http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=360

And I was mistaken.  George Jr. Is running as a Republican.  So guess who I am voting for in November?  That's right, the Democrat.

Even George Wallace's kid is a Republican now?  What's the world coming to?  Where are all those racist Democrat good ole boys?  Not so long ago, you couldn't throw a brick from a boycotted Montgomery bus without hitting one!
I knew the CCC was on Morris Dees' sh!tlist, but are they also affiliated with the Christian Identity Movement?  You know, the loony-tunes who pretend Jesus was a tall, blond Aryan, and Hebrew is an ancient Aryan language, and the Jews stole Jesus and Hebrew from the Aryans?
::)

Written By: Mushroom on 02/23/06 at 1:41 pm

I knew the CCC was on Morris Dees' sh!tlist, but are they also affiliated with the Christian Identity Movement?  You know, the loony-tunes who pretend Jesus was a tall, blond Aryan, and Hebrew is an ancient Aryan language, and the Jews stole Jesus and Hebrew from the Aryans?
::)

I knew of the "Christian Identity" movement because before I moved to Alabama, I lived in Palmdale, California.  That area is known as the hotbed of racial hatred in California.  This is also the City where Buford Furrow got involved with involved with the White Supremist movement.  And interestingly, his wife was the former Debbie Matthews.  Her first husband was none other then Robert Matthews, the man who found the group known as "The Order".  And he also got involved in the movement in... Palmdale.

Even George Wallace's kid is a Republican now?  What's the world coming to?  Where are all those racist Democrat good ole boys?  Not so long ago, you couldn't throw a brick from a boycotted Montgomery bus without hitting one!

Well, Junior is a Republican, but the Democrats down here still wish for the Good Old Days, when George Senior was the Governor.  And Junior first ran for office many years ago as a Democrat.  And it is not the first time a racist has tried switching parties to get elected.  David Duke has done the same thing.

This is why I vote for the man, not the party.  And I would not vote for any Wallace, Republican or Democrat.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/24/06 at 12:16 am

I knew of the "Christian Identity" movement because before I moved to Alabama, I lived in Palmdale, California.  That area is known as the hotbed of racial hatred in California.  This is also the City where Buford Furrow got involved with involved with the White Supremist movement.  And interestingly, his wife was the former Debbie Matthews.  Her first husband was none other then Robert Matthews, the man who found the group known as "The Order".  And he also got involved in the movement in... Palmdale.

If I'm not mistaken, Tom Metzger, founder of WAR (White Aryan Resistance) was also from Southern California.  I can't remember quite where.  Metzger was TV repairman who capitalized on the "skinhead" appeal to young people by fostering the "skinhead" movement with a whole slate of totally sh*tty skinhead punk bands (as opposed to skinhead string quartets) and some nasty newsletter.  Metzger's son, John, was also a "skin."  This was back in the '80s when the whole "skinhead" thing reached its apex.  It reached as far east as Massachusetts, I sure remember a lot of azzhole skinheads walking around here in the late '80s/early '90s, Metzger's WAR played no small part in it.  Anyway, Metzger was brought down by Morris Dees for hate crimes after he praised some Oregon skinheads for killing an exchange student from Ethiopia at a bus stop!  They drew a black judge at the trial too!  These white supremecists/neo-nazi groups have few assets, so Dees will get like a ten million dollar judgment against them, which means, in effect, he bankrupts them and gets their property seized.  Anyway, that was about the last I heard of Metzger andd his nation o' skins!

Check for new replies or respond here...