» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: If Rush Limbaugh ever ran in any election, would you vote for him?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/16/06 at 10:53 pm

Nope! I hate Limbaugh with a passion!!

Subject: Re: If Rush Limbaugh ever ran in any election, would you vote for him?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/16/06 at 10:57 pm

Nope...too radical and opinionated.

Written By: Mushroom on 02/16/06 at 11:58 pm

I would not vote for him, and I listen to his show occasionally.

He is one of those people that is better as a commentator then as a politician.  He is a pundit, who comments on social and political trends.

And over all, he is an entertainer.

I would no more vote for him then I would vote for Walter Cronkite, Ann Coulter, Al Franken, or Michael Moore.  They are not politicians.  And political viewpoint makes no difference to me in this area.

Written By: YWN on 02/17/06 at 12:02 am

I think he would get a large portion of the female vote because of his natural sexiness.  I sometimes doubt my heterosexuality just listening to his suave, manly voice...

Written By: EthanM on 02/17/06 at 12:09 am

Maybe if he was running against Cheney  and nobody else in a primary... never in a general election.

Written By: bbigd04 on 02/17/06 at 12:11 am

Absolutely not.

Written By: Harmonica on 02/17/06 at 12:17 am

You're asking if conservative, a horrible conservative at that would be voted for on a liberal dominated board. 

You get more votes for yes when asking, "Would you lay naked with 10 mice and 15 hungry cobras on your belly?"

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/17/06 at 2:25 am

Absolutely not.  What a jackass.

But he is a great entertainer, if you're on the Right.

Written By: witchain on 02/17/06 at 8:13 am

You're asking if conservative, a horrible conservative at that would be voted for on a liberal dominated board. 

LOL! I would prefer anarchy over Limbaugh.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/06 at 2:27 pm

No way, but I wouldn't vote for Randi Rhodes or Al Franken either.  As Mushroom said, there's a difference between being a pundit and a politician.  As much as I like to hear Randi Rhodes rant on Air America, I wouldn't vote for her if she ran for office because she doesn't have the reasonable temperament you need to get things done in politics.  Then again, as the Bush Administration has proved, you don't need to be reasonable or cooperative to succeed in politics.  If you're not going to be reasonable or cooperative, then you have to tear down democracy, which the Bushies are indeed doing.

Maybe I would vote for Rush Limbaugh if I was forced to vote either for Rush or, say, Oliver North.  See, Rush is only dope fiend.  Oliver North is a national traitor!
::)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/17/06 at 7:48 pm

I think he would get a large portion of the female vote because of his natural sexiness.  I sometimes doubt my heterosexuality just listening to his suave, manly voice...
Limbaugh, SEXY? This female thinks that Limbaugh is absolutely disgusting. Come on, he's been married what...three times? They probably left his sorry a$$ because he thinks all women should be 'barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen'....And he hates NOW and is against any kind of equal rights for women...Voting for Limblob would be rolling back time to where women were literally dependent on men for everything....and I refuse to give up my rights as a woman and stop supporting women's issues.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 02/17/06 at 8:22 pm

Hell No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: YWN on 02/17/06 at 8:24 pm

Limbaugh, SEXY? This female thinks that Limbaugh is absolutely disgusting. Come on, he's been married what...three times? They probably left his sorry a$$ because he thinks all women should be 'barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen'....And he hates NOW and is against any kind of equal rights for women...Voting for Limblob would be rolling back time to where women were literally dependent on men for everything....and I refuse to give up my rights as a woman and stop supporting women's issues.

I understand, you're in denial.

http://media-cyber.law.harvard.edu/blogs/static/dowbrigade/rush.jpg

Ooooohhh, baby...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/17/06 at 9:05 pm

I understand, you're in denial.

http://media-cyber.law.harvard.edu/blogs/static/dowbrigade/rush.jpg

Ooooohhh, baby...
Why are you trying to mess with me? You think I like Limbaugh? Think again. Limbaugh is a right-wing trashmongerer. I don't even listen to his show, okay? I saw enough of Limbaugh's stupid, moronic antics when he was on TV...my roomate at the time actually thought he was cool. He gives me nausea. three words describe him to a tee..CONSERVATIVE FASCIST PIG!

Written By: nally on 02/17/06 at 9:06 pm

In one word....NO.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/17/06 at 10:12 pm

I honestly don't see why any American with half a brain would vote for El Rushbo...I'd rather see El Rushbo exposed for the neo-Fascist pig he is!
And if women voted for him...that would be horrible. As I said before, he has an 1870's view about women. Barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.

Limbaugh is an idiot....I'd choose anything on NPR or the BBC News Service than the useless drivel from that (in his own mind)'America's Anchorman'!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/18/06 at 12:27 am

Why are you trying to mess with me? You think I like Limbaugh? Think again. Limbaugh is a right-wing trashmongerer. I don't even listen to his show, okay? I saw enough of Limbaugh's stupid, moronic antics when he was on TV...my roomate at the time actually thought he was cool. He gives me nausea. three words describe him to a tee..CONSERVATIVE FASCIST PIG!

sarcasm anyone? ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/19/06 at 5:17 pm

Limbaugh, SEXY?

Whatsamatta? Eunuchs aren't your thing?
:D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/20/06 at 2:58 am

No.  Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot, which is about the only thing Al Franken has going right.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/20/06 at 9:49 am

Absolutely not!  I am Canadian, and as such, will never have to worry about voting for Senior El Douchbag!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/20/06 at 6:12 pm

No.  Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot, which is about the only thing Al Franken has going right.

Oh, is Limbaugh fat again?  For a while there he was a "big thin idiot"!  Oh well, he and Oprah have something to talk about at the meetings of the media muckedy-mucks!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/20/06 at 6:34 pm

The main reason I absolutely hate Limbaugh is he hates the fact that women want true equality...and El Rushbo would rather have women be men's housekeepers rather than a man's boss.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/20/06 at 6:36 pm

sarcasm anyone? ::)
Sorry, I did not get the sarcasm there.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/20/06 at 8:20 pm

Oh, is Limbaugh fat again?  For a while there he was a "big thin idiot"!  Oh well, he and Oprah have something to talk about at the meetings of the media muckedy-mucks!

Maybe it's just his head that's fat nowadays.  What with all the hot air.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/20/06 at 9:18 pm

;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/21/06 at 1:40 am

Oh hell no. 

I'm way too liberal for him.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 02/24/06 at 8:52 pm

Maybe that's why Limbaugh has delusions about being America's Anchorman....

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/24/06 at 9:31 pm

I personally adore Rush Limbaugh as a lover. Mrrowr. He likes calling me the "Tinman" and I call him the "Scarecrow." And when we're done, we baste each other in liberal sundried tomato sauce and chardonnay, it's his secret fetish, and he pretends I'm Hillary Clinton. But I'd never vote for him, I know he has a giant poster of Monica Lewinsky in his bedroom. And I'm a major, major conservative, by the way.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/24/06 at 10:29 pm

I personally adore Rush Limbaugh as a lover. Mrrowr. He likes calling me the "Tinman" and I call him the "Scarecrow." And when we're done, we baste each other in liberal sundried tomato sauce and chardonnay, it's his secret fetish, and he pretends I'm Hillary Clinton. But I'd never vote for him, I know he has a giant poster of Monica Lewinsky in his bedroom. And I'm a major, major conservative, by the way.

Hush up and take yer Haldol, mister!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...