» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Standard of Erotic Beauty

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/22/06 at 8:33 pm

Who is your standard of erotic beauty? I would have to say mine continues to be Aladdin from Disney's Aladdin. Eleven years and going strong! What a hottie...I realized this today, that every guy I've ever liked has looked vaguely like Aladdin.

Subject: Re: Standard of Erotic Beauty

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/22/06 at 9:34 pm

Speaking of that film, Jasmine is not bad looking herself...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/22/06 at 9:38 pm

My standards of erotic beauty do not conform to Hollywood.  The Hollywood/Madison Avenue standards of erotic beauty are pathologically denigrating to the population at large.  Hollywood/Madison Avenue (entertainment/advertizing) sell insecurity day in and day out.  People fell compelled to undergo plastic surgery, stomach stapling, and collagen injections just to stay ahead of an unwinnable race.  The unwinnable race is created by the very same cultural influences that set the standards of erotic beauty...and one more nefarious actor: Wall Street.

It is no longer impossible to make it in corporate America if you are a woman.  Now you can, but there's a catch, they tell you, you have to be a tall and thin and young and glamorous, and you must have gigantic breasts!

Children are sexualized in pre-school, and driven to boob jobs at the age of sixteen.  

We have a conservative movement who always talks against "Hollywood," but did you ever see just an average-looking woman on FOX News?  Of course not!

Our culture has become so jaded and cynical, we now think of "inner beauty" as an excuse ugly people make for not being beautiful!  The superficiality is making us sociopathic!
:P

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/23/06 at 12:41 pm

There's a girl in my class who got a boob-job at 13. I mean, her mom is an ex-Playboy bunny, but still...I mean, I have to say it's pretty widely looked-down upon, but still! Anybody who agrees to do that is sick. She's also had a nose job and liposuction, but she's as skinny as a war child. It's nuts.

Written By: Tia on 02/23/06 at 1:10 pm

okay, my all-time favorite movie star babes:

kim richards from meatballs ii, obviously.
meg tilly from the big chill up to around the mid-80s, thereabouts.
katherine hepburn from bringing up baby. how could not want to just take her home? and let her ruin your life?
grace kelly from to catch a thief.
janet munro from crawling eye.

and the woefully overrated:

catherine zeta-jones. gorgeous, yes, but such a twit it undermines her whole gig.
audrey hepburn. sorry, yo, but there's so plainly NOBODY HOME!

Written By: Mushroom on 02/23/06 at 1:28 pm

With me, I have 3 different women.  I am listing them in order of my becomming aware of them.

1.  Olivia Newton-John.  A great singer & dancer, and seems to have a great personality.
2.  Paula Abdul.  I remember her as the Class President of my High School, and head cheerleader.  I fell in love with her all over again when she started singing 5 years later.
3.  Jennifer Connelly.  She always struck me as having a "girl next door" quality about her, especially in her earlier works like "Labyrinth".  A lovely lady, who is not so good looking that she is intimidating.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/24/06 at 1:24 am

We have a conservative movement who always talks against "Hollywood," but did you ever see just an average-looking woman on FOX News?  Of course not!

Actually, yes... Greta Van Susteren (sp?) has somewhat of a deformed face due to a car accident...

But aside from that, I agree with your post.  :)

Written By: Tia on 02/24/06 at 1:46 am

With me, I have 3 different women.  I am listing them in order of my becomming aware of them.

1.  Olivia Newton-John.  A great singer & dancer, and seems to have a great personality.

3.  Jennifer Connelly.  She always struck me as having a "girl next door" quality about her, especially in her earlier works like "Labyrinth".  A lovely lady, who is not so good looking that she is intimidating.

dittoes on olivia and jennifer. it's funny, if you watch xanadu again (which i recently saw for the first time a few months ago; horrible, horrible film!), olivia looks for all the world like a dead ringer for sarah michelle gellar. it's friggin' WEIRD. i totally grooved on jennifer when i saw her in labyrinth when i was in, junior high, i think?, and she's just gotten cuter since then.

glad we could agree on something again.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/24/06 at 1:58 am

What's the big deal about Sarah Jessica Parker?  Is there something so attractive about her that I'm just not seeing??

I think that Ari Meyers is pretty though...  you might remember her from the show Kate & Allie.

Written By: Tia on 02/24/06 at 2:03 am

What's the big deal about Sarah Jessica Parker?  Is there something so attractive about her that I'm just not seeing??

nope, you're not missing anything. she's funky. and by that i mean bad funky.

Written By: Paul on 02/24/06 at 8:36 am

Who is your standard of erotic beauty? I would have to say mine continues to be Aladdin from Disney's Aladdin. Eleven years and going strong! What a hottie...I realized this today, that every guy I've ever liked has looked vaguely like Aladdin.

He was loosely based, IIRC, on Tom Cruise...

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/24/06 at 11:03 am

Standards?!

Meh. Those are for Brad Pitt.  ;) ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/24/06 at 3:07 pm

Actually, yes... Greta Van Susteren (sp?) has somewhat of a deformed face due to a car accident...

But aside from that, I agree with your post.   :)

She had plastic surgery and a bigtime makeover when she got hired off from CNN by FOX News.  I did not know she had sustained injuries in a car accident.  I just thought FOX wanted her to undergo cosmetic surgery to make her more comely.

There's a girl in my class who got a boob-job at 13. I mean, her mom is an ex-Playboy bunny, but still...I mean, I have to say it's pretty widely looked-down upon, but still! Anybody who agrees to do that is sick. She's also had a nose job and liposuction, but she's as skinny as a war child. It's nuts.

Any surgeon who provides breast implants to a 13-year-old girl ought to have his license yanked, parental consent or not!  It's a sick world we're living in!
>:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/25/06 at 8:02 pm

I think that Ari Meyers is pretty though...  you might remember her from the show Kate & Allie.

Oh yeah... I'd party with her.  :P

Of course my idea of erotic beauty would have to be none other than Lara Spencer

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/25/06 at 11:45 pm

I still say Marilyn Monroe is the penultimate.  She was good enough for the Kennedy boys and Jo DiMaggio, and she's good enough for me!
:-*

Written By: Tia on 02/25/06 at 11:46 pm

I still say Marilyn Monroe is the penultimate.  She was good enough for the Kennedy boys and Jo DiMaggio, and she's good enough for me!
:-*
gimme mamie van doren any day. although don't get me wrong, i wouldn't kick marilyn outta bed for eating crackers.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/25/06 at 11:55 pm

gimme mamie van doren any day. although don't get me wrong, i wouldn't kick marilyn outta bed for eating crackers.

Oh yeah, Mamie's hot too!

Written By: Tia on 02/26/06 at 12:31 am

i thought we'd probably be able to find a middle ground.

Written By: La Roche on 02/26/06 at 1:00 am

Standards?!

You rang?

Written By: biteme on 02/26/06 at 3:46 am

Standards?!

I thought it was Tom Cruise who was so picky.  meh, he picked Katie Holmes, that's a plus in my book ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/26/06 at 3:50 am

Er...

http://www.lockitupoffroad.com/Clubpics/wtf_cat.jpg

Written By: deadrockstar on 02/26/06 at 12:18 pm

Well obviously, our friend velvet is bi-sexual or perhaps gay. I suppose.

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/26/06 at 12:36 pm

Yep, I'm gay.  :) :) :) :) :).

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/26/06 at 12:55 pm

Off the top of my mind, the one actress that comes to mind, is Kate Beckinsale. She's really great looking.

Written By: Tia on 02/26/06 at 12:59 pm

maybe the wtf cat is more because aladdin is an animated character?

although i'm totally hot for betty boop so who am i to judge?

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/26/06 at 1:15 pm

But he's a HOT animated character  ;) . I have the older erotic Betty Boop cartoons on VHS tape.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/26/06 at 3:11 pm

Yeah, It wasn't because of the gay thing.

And you're one step above the people who lust over cartoon characters.... You're more of a puppet man.

Written By: Jessica on 02/26/06 at 3:52 pm

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/26/06 at 7:37 pm

Wow Jessica, you are a Bettie Page fan?  She was big back in the day...

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/26/06 at 9:54 pm

They're releasing a Bettie Page movie pretty soon, produced by HBO.

Written By: Jessica on 02/27/06 at 12:48 am

Written By: La Roche on 02/27/06 at 3:05 pm

http://www.pbs.org/strangedays/images/edward_norton.jpg

&..

http://www.megadeth.com/whois/bio/images/mustaine_new.jpg

&..

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/janeane.garofalo/scansg/garofalo/22.JPG

and finally..

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/gramercy_pictures/mallrats/shannen_doherty/mallrats.jpg

Written By: Tia on 02/27/06 at 4:24 pm

Is that janeane garofalo?

You know she's so far left she makes Ralph nader look like david duke, right?

Written By: La Roche on 02/27/06 at 4:43 pm

Is that janeane garofalo?

You know she's so far left she makes Ralph nader look like david duke, right?

Yes, well, the brainwashing will take care of everything.

Dave is pretty left leaning as well.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/27/06 at 10:34 pm

http://www.pbs.org/strangedays/images/edward_norton.jpg

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/janeane.garofalo/scansg/garofalo/22.JPG

Janeane Garafolo was awesome in her portrayal of real-life drug addict and dope dealer Joy Miller, in the movie Wonderland.

Written By: Tia on 02/27/06 at 10:38 pm

dag, all the righties, lovin' janine. i like it. gives me hope.

i totally dig her myself.

janine, if you're reading this -- call me! you left some of your stuff over here.

Written By: KKay on 03/04/06 at 7:30 pm

How long has this been going on and I never saw the thread?!
Erotic beauty...It's difficult. I can't just say that I dig Rutget Hauer and Jude Law and Christian Bale, Robin Tunney  and blah blah blah...Becuase they are jsut people I'm attracted to for some reason...but not my ideal of erotic beauty.
eroticism for me comes from the person, the circumstance, context....if you took the ever-dull Keanu and put him in the right picture, right clothes, right scenario, I would be totally switched on.  Everyday Keanu? I wouldn't know him if I fell on him.

In conclusion, since I am always poor at getting to the point, I find the question complicated the way I understand it.

did that just make me think way too hard and I should have just done this?-
http://home.frognet.net/~mcfadden/evu/img/evu_christian_bale_02.jpg

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/04/06 at 10:02 pm

Are you referring to Exotic beauty or the standard vanilla beauty, which is completely different to me?

Written By: Abix on 03/30/06 at 7:02 pm

I think that what is typically viewed as sexy or beautiful  narrows the definition significantly. . Traditional, hardbodied, toned , movie star perfect people are boring . What feels sexy is the softness of my full rounded hips and pillowy soft belly. Most would find this repulsive, I happen to think it's beautiful .  Sure I'd like to be more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but if we are all cookie cutter perfect.. well Yawn!  I like unique  features, a nice flared nose, a scar, different textures. That's  nice. And Real.

Written By: Apricot on 03/31/06 at 11:03 pm

It's not a celebrity... I tend to not be attracted to people I don't know.

My standard is someone I know... her body is nearly perfect.. even slight details, like the arch of her foot or the straightness of her teeth are perfect. So I suppose she's the standard.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/01/06 at 8:58 am

Variety is the spice of life, and I have lived a spicy life

"Some like it hot, Some like it cold, Some like it in the pot nine days old"    ;)

Written By: La Roche on 04/05/06 at 8:37 am

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/JudasRoche/IMG_0363.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/05/06 at 12:24 pm

totally...I was just gonna post Bettie Page. ;)

Written By: KKay on 04/06/06 at 8:12 am

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/JudasRoche/IMG_0363.jpg

Thank you, sweetheart!  (Should have brushed my hair, though, now that ii think about it)

Written By: annonymouse on 04/08/06 at 5:19 pm

yeah, to get a boob job before your brests are fully developed would probably cause some problems

Written By: Apricot on 04/09/06 at 10:51 am

totally...I was just gonna post Bettie Page. ;)

I don't know.. I like the color of her hair, but it sticks out kinda weird.. and there's something about her facial structure.

I have a friend who's obssesed with her, and I was constantly subjected to pics... I guess it just lost any appeal for me.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/09/06 at 12:24 pm

I don't know.. I like the color of her hair, but it sticks out kinda weird.. and there's something about her facial structure.

I have a friend who's obssesed with her, and I was constantly subjected to pics... I guess it just lost any appeal for me.

I dunno, she just has something about her that screams..."I AM SEXY" LOL! ;D

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=bettie+page/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/;_ylt=A9gnMiIOQzlENC8AsayjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=136q2r9i5/EXP=1144689806/*-http%3A//www.discountgraphics.net/famous-faces/isi-faces/isi-faces-img/isipp0243.jpg

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 1:43 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=bettie+page/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/;_ylt=A9gnMiIOQzlENC8AsayjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=136q2r9i5/EXP=1144689806/*-http%3A//www.discountgraphics.net/famous-faces/isi-faces/isi-faces-img/isipp0243.jpg

EWWWWW ribcage.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/06 at 3:01 pm

EWWWWW ribcage.

What's wrong with having a ribcage? A person would look pretty funny without one!

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 5:07 pm

What's wrong with having a ribcage? A person would look pretty funny without one!

But its ugly to see it.  Bettie Page needs a sammich! ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/09/06 at 5:09 pm

But its ugly to see it.  Bettie Page needs a sammich! ;D

She's a great shape compared to some of those anorexic Vogue catwalk models  ::)

Lovin' the sammich word  ;D ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/09/06 at 5:17 pm

She's a great shape compared to some of those anorexic Vogue catwalk models  ::)

Lovin' the sammich word  ;D ;D

Hehe thanks

Yeah i know what ya mean, but still, not exactly my ideal there.

Written By: Tia on 04/09/06 at 7:35 pm

yeah, to get a boob job before your brests are fully developed would probably cause some problems

ew! do you think your boobies would like grow into the silicone, sorta like in the fly?!?!

EW!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/10/06 at 4:39 am

Lovin' the sammich word   ;D ;D

You can say that again! Bettie Page was a "pinup girl" not a "model." In other words, she looks like a woo-mon, not an anorexic drug addict with the body of a fourteen-year-old boy. Of course, most fashion designers prefer fourteen-year-old boys to women, but that's a different kettle o' fish.
:-X

Written By: Apricot on 04/10/06 at 8:56 pm

Dah, not in THAT pic. I've seen a few good of her, but there's something about that one I don't like.

She's very hit or miss for me.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 11:22 pm

^The "concave stomache" look?

Written By: Apricot on 04/12/06 at 2:54 pm

^The "concave stomache" look?

I think that's part of it.. I don't like people that scarily thin... but there's something else, I can't quite pin, that I just don't like.

Check for new replies or respond here...