» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Georgia *is* an example to the rest of America

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/24/06 at 11:57 am

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/sum/hb1443.htm

Why spend valuable legislature time debating bills that might improve the quality of life in some fashion, when there might be some question as to what the official dirt of Georgia is?

Believe it or not, they're behind the curve on this nonsense.  Several states have done this already, Massachusetts included!  Nice to see Georgia following in the steps of Massachusetts laws.  Gay marriage can't be far behind!

;D

Subject: Re: Georgia *is* an example to the rest of America

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/24/06 at 12:06 pm

I heard about this on the radio earlier today.  Not only are they wasting time with this, but Mr. Franklin wants the dirt to be red clay; that dirts that infests Georgia.  It's not good for planting or building or anything as far as I know.  Why not just make kudzu the state plant while they're at it?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/24/06 at 3:20 pm

The "dirtiest" politics to come out of Georgia since Newt Gingrich!

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/24/06 at 3:43 pm

I heard about this on the radio earlier today.  Not only are they wasting time with this, but Mr. Franklin wants the dirt to be red clay; that dirts that infests Georgia.  It's not good for planting or building or anything as far as I know.  Why not just make kudzu the state plant while they're at it?

You have to admit that if you were going to pick a dirt that makes people who have seen it slap their knee and say, bet that's from Georgia, it's the dirt to pick. 

Personally I think they're trying to beat Alabama to the punch on picking that clay

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/24/06 at 3:50 pm

Hey, don't be dissing this sh*thole of a state I live in.  That's my job.  :P

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/24/06 at 5:07 pm

Hey, don't be dissing this sh*thole of a state I live in.  That's my job.   :P

Are you sure it's not just the area you live in?

I really love this state.  It could just be the area I live, but I've never be happier.  It sure beats where I used to live: Antioch, Tennessee.  It's been especially nice since ex. king rat Roy went into exile after he was overthrown in 2002.

The governor, Sonny Perdue, is the kind of moderate republican that really unites this state too.  Perdue has a 68% favorable rating and leads both Lt. governor Mark Taylor and secretary of state Cathy Cox by 20 points for the 2006 election.  Something about him I really like, even though he signed that tabacco tax increase.

Check for new replies or respond here...