» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Gay Adoption: Your Stance

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 6:56 pm

Ok, am I the only person that has any knowledge of kids whatsoever?

When I was in school, if a kid had two dad's or two mom's he/she would have been beat up every day.

Now, I'm not saying this is right or wrong, I'm saying it's fact.

Fat kids get beat up. Real tall or real short kids get beat up. Kids that smell get beat up. So why add another to the list?

I'm sure some people may be able to point to an example where this didn't happen, to them I say "You should be proud." This isn't the case 99.99% of the time.

So what exactly is your stance on the whole gay adoption issue, where do you stand and how do you justify your stance?

Subject: Re: Gay Adoption: Your Stance

Written By: witchain on 03/16/06 at 7:25 pm

Any stable, responsible adult who wishes to have a child should have the right to adopt.
What is the problem?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/16/06 at 7:50 pm

People who tell other people they can't get married or can't adopt because they're gay need THEIR asses kicked.  Who the f*ck are you to tell two grown men or women they can't adopt a child?

There are so many children out there that need stable, loving homes and if Alan and Jake or Betty and Rhonda can give them that, why shouldn't they be given the opportunity?  I'm so tired of these Christian Conservatives shoving their value system down other people's throats.  It's not very Christ-like to be so hateful, but don't tell them that.  You might annoy them. 

As for justifying it........until someone gives me clear, concrete, scientific evidence that gays who adopt children are unfit or otherwise not suitable, I will not change my opinion.

Written By: robby76 on 03/16/06 at 8:27 pm

That's like saying in the 1950s, why let black kids join white schools, they'd just get picked on or beat on. It has to start somewhere.

The more gay people that adopt the more in time it will become the norm.

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 8:59 pm

People who tell other people they can't get married or can't adopt because they're gay need THEIR asses kicked.  Who the f*ck are you to tell two grown men or women they can't adopt a child?

There are so many children out there that need stable, loving homes and if Alan and Jake or Betty and Rhonda can give them that, why shouldn't they be given the opportunity?  I'm so tired of these Christian Conservatives shoving their value system down other people's throats.  It's not very Christ-like to be so hateful, but don't tell them that.  You might annoy them. 

As for justifying it........until someone gives me clear, concrete, scientific evidence that gays who adopt children are unfit or otherwise not suitable, I will not change my opinion.

You annoy me.

I think I've explained before.. I'm no christian conservative, I just don't subscribe to the bleeding heart Liberal thoughts you appear to.

Who am I to tell them?
I'm somebody concerned about the welfare of said child.

Jake and Alan send little Billy to school. "So Billy, what do your mom and dad do." 'Well, my Dad works for GM and my Dad's a lawyer' "What?" 'I have two dad's." *THUD!*

That's like saying in the 1950s, why let black kids join white schools, they'd just get picked on or beat on. It has to start somewhere.

But why should it be the norm. Black folk are the same as white folk in that they both have a right to an education, this is very true.
Why exactly should a gay couple be able to have a child. They haven't been given the right equipment to create one together..

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/16/06 at 9:06 pm

You annoy me.

I think I've explained before.. I'm no christian conservative, I just don't subscribe to the bleeding heart Liberal thoughts you appear to.

Who am I to tell them?
I'm somebody concerned about the welfare of said child.

Jake and Alan send little Billy to school. "So Billy, what do your mom and dad do." 'Well, my Dad works for GM and my Dad's a lawyer' "What?" 'I have two dad's." *THUD!*

But why should it be the norm. Black folk are the same as white folk in that they both have a right to an education, this is very true.
Why exactly should a gay couple be able to have a child. They haven't been given the right equipment to create one together..

I don't care if I annoy you.  That means I'm doing my job and frankly, I don't care whether you like that or not. 

You don't think gays should be able to adopt because of what kids MIGHT say?  You don't think they should be able to be parents because they lack the necessary equipment to MAKE children?

That's f*cked up.  Sorry.  You don't have to like that, but that's how it is.  You don't know what kids will say or do in any given situation.  Not all kids are neanderthals looking for the disenfranchised kids in the schoolyard to beat up.  Some of them, and I know this might strike you as odd, AREN'T VICIOUS ANIMALS. 

They should be able to have children because if they want them, and they have a stable home and they can provide for the child in a financial and emotional way, WHERE THE HELL IS THE F*CKING PROBLEM?  What, are you one of those homophobes who think that if two homosexuals have a child, they'll turn the kid gay?  Give me a damn break with that crap.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/16/06 at 9:11 pm

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT JAKE???  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 9:12 pm

I don't care if I annoy you.  That means I'm doing my job and frankly, I don't care whether you like that or not. 

You don't think gays should be able to adopt because of what kids MIGHT say?  You don't think they should be able to be parents because they lack the necessary equipment to MAKE children?

That's f*cked up.  Sorry.  You don't have to like that, but that's how it is.  You don't know what kids will say or do in any given situation.  Not all kids are neanderthals looking for the disenfranchised kids in the schoolyard to beat up.  Some of them, and I know this might strike you as odd, AREN'T VICIOUS ANIMALS. 

They should be able to have children because if they want them, and they have a stable home and they can provide for the child in a financial and emotional way, WHERE THE HELL IS THE F*CKING PROBLEM?  What, are you one of those homophobes who think that if two homosexuals have a child, they'll turn the kid gay?  Give me a damn break with that crap.

;D At least you see annoyance as a decent trait.

You went to a nice all girls private school am I correct?

During my time in High school I saw fights every single day over trivial things. This is not uncommon! Sticking a kid that's very different in a situation like that is just begging for trouble.
I'm sure eventually a gay couple will be able to adopt a kid.. I'd love to see what happens. You know, I'd be perfectly happy if they could relieve the adoption agencies and free up some of that nice Government money for other programs.
I will guarentee to you right now, you stick a Kid with something obviously different about them in to a regular school.. THEY'RE GONNA HAVE A TOUGH TIME! No, not every kid is a neanderthal, you're correct.. Not every kid is a fuuckin angel either.

No, I don't think they'll turn the Kid gay, I think you're either pre-disposed to be gay or you're not. You don't just get up one day and say "Ya know, I have a dick, I wonder what taking one in the ass would be like." I think the kid will however have problems. Kid's who grow up in single parent homes are far more likely to have problems later in life. It's important to have a mother and father. Not two of each.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/16/06 at 9:19 pm

;D At least you see annoyance as a decent trait.

You went to a nice all girls private school am I correct?

During my time in High school I saw fights every single day over trivial things. This is not uncommon! Sticking a kid that's very different in a situation like that is just begging for trouble.
I'm sure eventually a gay couple will be able to adopt a kid.. I'd love to see what happens. You know, I'd be perfectly happy if they could relieve the adoption agencies and free up some of that nice Government money for other programs.
I will guarentee to you right now, you stick a Kid with something obviously different about them in to a regular school.. THEY'RE GONNA HAVE A TOUGH TIME! No, not every kid is a neanderthal, you're correct.. Not every kid is a fuuckin angel either.

No, I don't think they'll turn the Kid gay, I think you're either pre-disposed to be gay or you're not. You don't just get up one day and say "Ya know, I have a dick, I wonder what taking one in the ass would be like." I think the kid will however have problems. Kid's who grow up in single parent homes are far more likely to have problems later in life. It's important to have a mother and father. Not two of each.

Just because I went to an all-girls, Catholic high school doesn't mean everyone was sunshine and roses and no one ever fought.  We had drugs, guns, and knives taken out of lockers on a weekly basis.  We had the police called on many different occasions for many different things.  Don't stereotype what you don't know.  I went to school with some vicious, vicious people.

I knew plenty of people both in high school and in college who were the children of gay parents, and I don't recall anyone giving them a hard time.  Not saying that's the norm, but it's not the exception either.  No one knows how anyone will react to any given situation and telling a subset of society that they don't have the same rights as anyone else because of what we THINK might happen is stupid.  It's the same bullsh*t that kept black kids out of white schools. 

And don't call me a bleeding heart Liberal.  I didn't call you a Christian Conservative; I was referring to the opinion of many Christian Conservatives......and you happen to share it. 

This is one reason why I hate religious people.  They take a religion based on love and acceptance and turn into a fraternity they can black-ball people out of. 

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 9:21 pm

Just because I went to an all-girls, Catholic high school doesn't mean everyone was sunshine and roses and no one ever fought.  We had drugs, guns, and knives taken out of lockers on a weekly basis.  We had the police called on many different occasions for many different things.  Don't stereotype what you don't know.  I went to school with some vicious, vicious people.

I knew plenty of people both in high school and in college who were the children of gay parents, and I don't recall anyone giving them a hard time.  Not saying that's the norm, but it's not the exception either.  No one knows how anyone will react to any given situation and telling a subset of society that they don't have the same rights as anyone else because of what we THINK might happen is stupid.  It's the same bullsh*t that kept black kids out of white schools. 

And don't call me a bleeding heart Liberal.  I didn't call you a Christian Conservative; I was referring to the opinion of many Christian Conservatives......and you happen to share it. 

This is one reason why I hate religious people.  They take a religion based on love and acceptance and turn into a fraternity they can black-ball people out of. 

Bit like Private school's wouldn't you say  ;)

So, I thought you were saying that not everybody is a neanderthal, yet even at a nice private school you had all sorts of problem, Imagine if you will, what it might be like at *GASP!* a Public school.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/16/06 at 9:26 pm

Bit like Private school's wouldn't you say  ;)

So, I thought you were saying that not everybody is a neanderthal, yet even at a nice private school you had all sorts of problem, Imagine if you will, what it might be like at *GASP!* a Public school.

Why should I imagine?  I went to a public university and my sister goes to a public high school.  I don't have to imagine anything.  I know what kind of garbage goes on.  However, you still haven't given me one good reason why two gay men or women can't adopt a child.  So far, all you've told me is paranoid fears that the kid MIGHT get beat up.  If that's all you got, it ain't good enough. 

And no, private schools are not like that.  You don't have to be Catholic to go to a Catholic school.  My best friend through all 4 years of high school was a Jew.  None of the Catholic schools in Chicago black-balled you if you weren't Catholic.  It used to be that way until the Cardinal of the Chicago Diocese changed it in the 1960s.  In fact, the majority of students at my high school the 4 years I went there were not Catholic.  We had multi-denomenational services all the time.

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 9:29 pm

Why should I imagine?  I went to a public university and my sister goes to a public high school.  I don't have to imagine anything.  I know what kind of garbage goes on.  However, you still haven't given me one good reason why two gay men or women can't adopt a child.  So far, all you've told me is paranoid fears that the kid MIGHT get beat up.  If that's all you got, it ain't good enough. 

And no, private schools are not like that.  You don't have to be Catholic to go to a Catholic school.  My best friend through all 4 years of high school was a Jew.  None of the Catholic schools in Chicago black-balled you if you weren't Catholic.  It used to be that way until the Cardinal of the Chicago Diocese changed it in the 1960s.  In fact, the majority of students at my high school the 4 years I went there were not Catholic.  We had multi-denomenational services all the time.

One good reason. I believe the reasons I gave were good.

If it's not possible to create your own child, I think that's a pretty fuuckin big sign.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/16/06 at 9:35 pm

If it's not possible to create your own child, I think that's a pretty fuuckin big sign.

Oh, so if you can't f*ck and knock the girl up, you can't have a child?  Oh yeah, that's real intelligent.  So you think two 13 year olds who f*ck in the back of Dad's pickup truck are better equipped to be parents than 2 gay men with steady jobs, their own home, health insurance, family support, the whole nine yards?

You'd give the thumbs-up to ill-equipped heterosexuals before you give it to equipped homosexuals?  What about women or men who are infertile/sterile?  They can't biologically produce their own children.  Are you saying they can't adopt either?  Because you just said that if you can't create the child yourself, that's a big sign you shouldn't have children.  I'll be sure to let my cousin know she can't be a parent.  She'll be pleased as punch, I'm sure.

Can you tell me again where your "good reason" is?

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 9:39 pm

Oh, so if you can't f*ck and knock the girl up, you can't have a child?  Oh yeah, that's real intelligent.  So you think two 13 year olds who f*ck in the back of Dad's pickup truck are better equipped to be parents than 2 gay men with steady jobs, their own home, health insurance, family support, the whole nine yards?

You'd give the thumbs-up to ill-equipped heterosexuals before you give it to equipped homosexuals?  What about women or men who are infertile/sterile?  They can't biologically produce their own children.  Are you saying they can't adopt either?  Because you just said that if you can't create the child yourself, that's a big sign you shouldn't have children.  I'll be sure to let my cousin know she can't be a parent.  She'll be pleased as punch, I'm sure.

Well fuuckin duuur, If they're sterile of course they can't produce children, I didn't think i'd need to spell this out for you.

Yes, I think a heterosexual couple are far better equiped to raise a healthy balanced child in the vast majority of cases. Of course when Lou-anne and Cletus fuuck in the back of the truck and 'git deyar seed mixed up' they're not ready to be good parents, but hey, they're parents.. they have the biological ability to be parents.

A gay couple DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO HAVE A CHILD.. this seems like a glaringly obvious reason for why they shouldn't have one.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/16/06 at 9:42 pm

I think you two ought to hook up. You'd make such a lovely couple.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 9:43 pm

Nah, I want kids and don't agree with gay adoption.

Written By: witchain on 03/16/06 at 9:53 pm

Well fuuckin duuur, If they're sterile of course they can't produce children, I didn't think i'd need to spell this out for you.
...A gay couple DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO HAVE A CHILD.. this seems like a glaringly obvious reason for why they shouldn't have one.

What's the difference? Sterile or gay?
I know for a fact that a single parent can adopt. Do you honestly believe that none of them are gay?
If you're not a christian conservative you really should sign up. They could use your opinions to make themselves seem even more ridiculous. Strength in numbers...

Written By: Ebontyne on 03/16/06 at 9:57 pm

Okay. But adoption is about raising children that are not biologically related to you. That's why it's considered a viable alternative to creating your own child.

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 10:00 pm

I know 3 kids in my sons' school who have either 2 dads or 2 moms and none of them are really picked on.  (Well, the one is but that's because he's a sh!thead, not because of his "parents".)  I think as long as they are in a loving, stable, relationship, why not?  For many lesbians, they are artificially inseminated and the children are their biological children.  In some cases, they take the egg of one, inseminate it, and implant it in the other.  Who's child would it be then?  The "biological" one or the "birth" one ???

See, this is fine. Your capable of rational discourse.
That interests me, I saw kids get beat up for that.
Is it a small school?

I think one of my main points is this.
Facts show that children in single parent familys often have major problems later on in life, this is due to the fact that they only have a male or female role model. Not both. Do you not think this would cause similar problems?

What's the difference? Sterile or gay?
I know for a fact that a single parent can adopt. Do you honestly believe that none of them are gay?
If you're not a christian conservative you really should sign up. They could use your opinions to make themselves seem even more ridiculous. Strength in numbers...

It's conceivable that some of them are Gay, and the same problems arise, the child only has a male or female role model.

Okay. But adoption is about raising children that are not biologically related to you. That's why it's considered a viable alternative to creating your own child.

In most cases those who adopt are capable of creating life though. If they're sterile that's one thing.. if they however are not technically capable of creating life as a couple then how exactly do they have a right to a child?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/06 at 10:15 pm

Any stable, responsible adult who wishes to have a child should have the right to adopt.
What is the problem?

That's the spirit! I'm all for it. I'm for gay marriage and for gay adoption. It is the integrity, stability, and love of the people adopting the child, not the sex of each adoptive parent--let alone what kind of, er, sex they may have.

As for whether or not it's "what God intended," I believe God created Adam and Eve...

and Adam and Steve

and Eve and Eva

And everybody and everybody and everybody!
:)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 10:45 pm

I agree. This is gettin' kinda hot! :o

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/16/06 at 10:52 pm

A gay couple DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO HAVE A CHILD.. this seems like a glaringly obvious reason for why they shouldn't have one.

Bullsh*t.

There's a TON of reasons why people should not be parents.  Biology is not one of them.  Like I said, if you feel that the only people who can be parents are those can biologically produce them, what do you think of infertile or sterile couples?  You must not think they can't be parents either.  They're in the same boat as the homosexuals in that they can't have sex and produce a child.  If homosexuals can't adopt, then neither can the sterile......at least if we go buy your definition of a parent. 

That's the spirit! I'm all for it. I'm for gay marriage and for gay adoption. It is the integrity, stability, and love of the people adopting the child, not the sex of each adoptive parent--let alone what kind of, er, sex they may have.

As for whether or not it's "what God intended," I believe God created Adam and Eve...

and Adam and Steve

and Eve and Eva

And everybody and everybody and everybody!

Now HERE'S something intelligent.  Thank you. 

Actually, studies have shown that children raised in a homosexual household are no different developmentally than children raised in heterosexual households so I'd have to say no.  Most homosexual couples (and homosexual single parents) are aware of the need for an opposite sex role model and go to great strides to insure that their children have one.  A single, heterosexual parent may not do the same.

Another intelligent comment.  Karma points for you both.

And to the poster who thinks I should hook up with La Roche.......I'd rather swallow cyanide. 

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/16/06 at 10:52 pm

This is the same as the gay marriage issue, who are you or I to tell gay couples how to live their lives? Why do you care if they get married or adopt kids? If a stable loving homosexual couple wants to adopt children they should be able to.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/16/06 at 10:54 pm

This is the same as the gay marriage issue, who are you or I to tell gay couples how to live their lives? Why do you care if they get married or adopt kids? If a stable loving homosexual couple wants to adopt children they should be able to.

Karma points for you, sir. 

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/16/06 at 10:58 pm

Karma points for you, sir. 

I gave you some too you've made good points as well  ;). Are gay couples getting married or adopting kids hurting any of us, no not at all. They can be just as loving as a heterosexual couple. Has the world ended because Massachusetts and Canada have allowed gay marriage?, of course not.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 10:59 pm

And to the poster who thinks I should hook up with La Roche.......I'd rather swallow cyanide. 

But you're like opposites.. that's why it's so hawt.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/16/06 at 11:01 pm

But you're like opposites.. that's why it's so hawt.

It's not "hawt".  I could never be with someone that hateful and narrow-minded.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/16/06 at 11:02 pm

I don't know.. I smell a connection!!1 ;)

Written By: Ebontyne on 03/16/06 at 11:55 pm

In most cases those who adopt are capable of creating life though. If they're sterile that's one thing.. if they however are not technically capable of creating life as a couple then how exactly do they have a right to a child?

By adopting one.

I hope that the legal rights to adopt a child in a Western democratic society would be decided pragmatically on a case-by-case basis, addressing important questions such as whether the prospective parents are mentally fit or financially capable of raising a child. Any vague assumptions about a "natural" or pseudo-mystical connection between the ability to conceive a child and the right to raise one should be left completely outside the laws regulating adoption; these are theoretical concerns that do not directly address the needs of the child or the measurable capabilities of the prospective parents. The philosophically inclined, or the merely anti-homosexual, can of course debate such questions to their hearts content on Internet forums; I am too much of a pragmatist myself to be in the least bit interested in such spacey, speculative, and no doubt interminable debates.

I also think that, contrary to what has been asserted here, gays and lesbians are "technically" (to use your word) capable of creating life; it is sterile people -- gay or straight -- who technically cannot have children, at least not without medical assistance. Furthermore, some gays and lesbians do in fact have their own biological children, and -- Heaven forfend! -- later take a same-sex partner with whom they raise the kids themselves.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 12:13 am

By adopting one.

I hope that the legal rights to adopt a child in a Western democratic society would be decided pragmatically on a case-by-case basis, addressing important questions such as whether the prospective parents are mentally fit or financially capable of raising a child. Any vague assumptions about a "natural" or pseudo-mystical connection between the ability to conceive a child and the right to raise one should be left completely outside the laws regulating adoption; these are theoretical concerns that do not directly address the needs of the child or the measurable capabilities of the prospective parents. The philosophically inclined, or the merely anti-homosexual, can of course debate such questions to their hearts content on Internet forums; I am too much of a pragmatist myself to be in the least bit interested in such spacey, speculative, and no doubt interminable debates.

I also think that, contrary to what has been asserted here, gays and lesbians are "technically" (to use your word) capable of creating life; it is sterile people -- gay or straight -- who technically cannot have children, at least not without medical assistance. Furthermore, some gays and lesbians do in fact have their own biological children, and -- Heaven forfend! -- later take a same-sex partner with whom they raise the kids themselves.

You get a karma point.  Why?  You're intelligent and you make sense. 

Written By: Jessica on 03/17/06 at 1:41 am

What is the problem?

What he said.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/17/06 at 6:40 am

I gave you some too you've made good points as well  ;). Are gay couples getting married or adopting kids hurting any of us, no not at all. They can be just as loving as a heterosexual couple. Has the world ended because Massachusetts and Canada have allowed gay marriage?, of course not.

I live in Massachusetts and I have to say since the advent of marriage rights my life, and the lives of those in my community, hasn't changed.  It is
going to change for a lot of children who are looking to be adopted, though.  The Catholic Charities has decided to stop handling adoptions because
of the state law that says gay couples who want to adopt cannot be discriminated against. Rather than consider applications from gay couples, the Catholic Charities, one of the largest adoption agencies has decided to not place any children at all. The same people who still to this day harbor pedophile priests, giving them pensions, and recommendations, the absolute hypocrisy!

Written By: jaytee on 03/17/06 at 8:34 am

;D ;D ;D  You just made my evening :D

Written By: lorac614 on 03/17/06 at 12:14 pm

I think it's important for a child to be in a stable, loving home.  I don't care if it's a straight couple or gay couple, single parent or a married couple. 

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 12:16 pm

It interests me that almost all of you are so 100% pro Gay Adoption.

I'm yet to meet many people who are for it (Must be one of those fat midwesterner things  ;)).

Once again, I will state my reasons clearly as to why I don't believe a Gay couple should be able to adopt a child.
Some of you have made excellent points and I'm not about to refute them all because I can see sense in some of them.

Firstly - If a couple is biologically incapable of having a child, would not both Religious thought and Evolutionist thought suggest that this is for a reason? After all, both sides of the camp can agree on survival of the fittest, if a Gay couple can't pass along their genetic material is that not a klaxon going off?

Secondly - You all seem to think that we live in a perfect world where there is no stigma attatched to this. Those of you who have gone to school's where kid's had gay parents have admitted they are small schools. In a small school I dare say there is a far closer kindship as most of the kids there know each other at least moderatly well.
I'm sure you probably think that back in school I'd be one of those beating up the kid with two dad's. Not so, it's nothing to do with them, even at that age I would be able to understand that. After all, my father was bald by the time I was about 3, did I have any bearing on that, of course not, It wouldn't bother me. That being said though.. I won't say the majority of kids are awful but I'm sure 99% of you have witnessed some poor little kid in tears because he was picked on. Having anything different about you is fuel for this. As a kid, all the way up until finishing High School, everyone called each other a 'Gay' 'Gaylord' '******' 'Queer' these are all generally regarded as insults in school, what happens if all of a sudden "HEY EVERYONE, TIMMY'S DAD'S A QUEER!".

I'm not saying this would happen in 100% of cases, I'm saying this is certainly something that would need to be looked in to before any sort of Large scale Gay adoption was to take place.

As I have stated before. If it worked, I wouldn't mind it. If it worked. This is because it would relieve the government sponsored adoption agency's and allow millions of dollars of Tax money to go elsewhere and obviously because, if it worked, it would give these kids a stable home.

I'm just not convinced it will work though.
If guidelines are bought in to place, such as ensuring the child has male and female role models. Ensuring that the child recives as normal a homelife as possible (Yes thanks, I am aware that no homelife is perfectly normal).
Ensuring the child is financially, emotionally and physiologically looked after properly.

If these were done I would have no major issue allowing gay couples to adopt, but, I don't believe this would work properly.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/17/06 at 12:20 pm

I'm down with it.  Sure, there's abusive gay couples, but there's abusive straight couples too.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 12:43 pm

I'm yet to meet many people who are for it (Must be one of those fat midwesterner things  ;)).

Once again, I will state my reasons clearly as to why I don't believe a Gay couple should be able to adopt a child.
Some of you have made excellent points and I'm not about to refute them all because I can see sense in some of them.

Firstly - If a couple is biologically incapable of having a child, would not both Religious thought and Evolutionist thought suggest that this is for a reason? After all, both sides of the camp can agree on survival of the fittest, if a Gay couple can't pass along their genetic material is that not a klaxon going off?

Secondly - You all seem to think that we live in a perfect world where there is no stigma attatched to this. Those of you who have gone to school's where kid's had gay parents have admitted they are small schools. In a small school I dare say there is a far closer kindship as most of the kids there know each other at least moderatly well.
I'm sure you probably think that back in school I'd be one of those beating up the kid with two dad's. Not so, it's nothing to do with them, even at that age I would be able to understand that. After all, my father was bald by the time I was about 3, did I have any bearing on that, of course not, It wouldn't bother me. That being said though.. I won't say the majority of kids are awful but I'm sure 99% of you have witnessed some poor little kid in tears because he was picked on. Having anything different about you is fuel for this. As a kid, all the way up until finishing High School, everyone called each other a 'Gay' 'Gaylord' '******' 'Queer' these are all generally regarded as insults in school, what happens if all of a sudden "HEY EVERYONE, TIMMY'S DAD'S A QUEER!".

I'm not saying this would happen in 100% of cases, I'm saying this is certainly something that would need to be looked in to before any sort of Large scale Gay adoption was to take place.

As I have stated before. If it worked, I wouldn't mind it. If it worked. This is because it would relieve the government sponsored adoption agency's and allow millions of dollars of Tax money to go elsewhere and obviously because, if it worked, it would give these kids a stable home.

I'm just not convinced it will work though.
If guidelines are bought in to place, such as ensuring the child has male and female role models. Ensuring that the child recives as normal a homelife as possible (Yes thanks, I am aware that no homelife is perfectly normal).
Ensuring the child is financially, emotionally and physiologically looked after properly.

If these were done I would have no major issue allowing gay couples to adopt, but, I don't believe this would work properly.

Once again, none of these are good reasons.  NOT A SINGLE F*CKING ONE.  You're saying that if a couple is biologically unable to have children, it means they should never have children.  You think gays shouldn't be parents because some kids might call that one kid a name and ridicule their home life.  You don't think gays should be parents because they don't have a male or female role model in the child's life, even though several people have stated that most gays who are parents make sure that the child has both a male and a female presence in their life.  You don't think gays should be parents because there aren't guidelines in place for it.

Your opinion is the most dangerous one out there.  Bigotry and homophobia disguised as "common sense".  It's nothing more than paranoid rhetoric that the religious right would have you believe is the way that things ought to be.  Who the f*ck are you to tell two stable, capable and able people they can't be parents?  Oh that's right, no one. 

I'll give you my cousin's phone number; why don't you call her and tell her that she shouldn't be a parent because since she's sterile, that's God's way or evolution's way of saying she can't be one and she shouldn't even bother adopting.  I'm sure she'll love that.  Then, I'll give you the phone number of my friend Justin, a gay man, and you can tell him that because he takes it up the ass and therefore can't impregnante someone, he can't be a parent one day either.  He can't even adopt.  Because God forbid some stupid kid tells his kid that his/her daddy's a queer.  I bet he'd love to know that too.  Then I'll give you the phone number of Shirley.  Now, she's a lesbian and she had been married previously, but a serious accident left her with scar tissue on her uterus and she can't conceive.  There's a double whammy.  A sterile lesbian.  I'm sure she's dying to hear about how she can't be a parent because she's not having sex with someone who has a penis.

Furthermore, what the hell do you think adoption is for?  Heterosexuals who want kids but don't want to have them naturally?  You'd limit adopting to only those who can have children but don't want to have them biologically.  Because so far you've excluded the sterile and infertile and homosexuals.  Anyone else you think shouldn't be a parent?  Maybe those with a low income......or maybe those that don't have college degrees.....where does it stop for you?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/17/06 at 12:49 pm

Following that reasoning, straight couples who have problems concieving should not be allowed to have invitro, and should not be allowed to adopt. As for stigma, I went to  a school the was 99% white.  I actually had more problems with the teachers than the students. With a strong support system you can come out of this a much better person then the people who would stigmatize you.

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 1:06 pm

So, I take it you would be against a single man or woman adopting as well regardless of sexual orientation?

AFA the "stigma" attached, I think it's just a matter of time until there is none.  Back when I was in school, there was a "stigma" attached to kids with divorced parents.  Again, it was a small school, but it was also a very conservative area.  I distinctly remember one of my friends being taunted when it became public knowledge that her dad had left her mom.  At the time, I was one of her only friends because noone wanted to be friends with the "girl with no dad".  Now, it's commonplace for kids to be raised by single or divorced parents.

This is where I become Mr. Homophobic. It's always been my opinion that If your gay, be gay, that's fine. Keep it in your own home though.
There should be a stimga attatched, it isn't normal, it certainly isn't the right way to do things.
Now, I've opened myself up for all sorts of abuse here, which is fine with me, at least I have the balls to say "Hey, this is my opinion, it's different to the Politically correct bullsheesh we have forced down our throats."

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/17/06 at 1:07 pm

I live in Massachusetts and I have to say since the advent of marriage rights my life, and the lives of those in my community, hasn't changed.  It is
going to change for a lot of children who are looking to be adopted, though.  The Catholic Charities has decided to stop handling adoptions because
of the state law that says gay couples who want to adopt cannot be discriminated against. Rather than consider applications from gay couples, the Catholic Charities, one of the largest adoption agencies has decided to not place any children at all. The same people who still to this day harbor pedophile priests, giving them pensions, and recommendations, the absolute hypocrisy!

Edited.

Never a truer word spoken.  It's rife in the Church sadly

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/17/06 at 1:10 pm

I have said this many times before (and will probably say it several times again), in my book, it is doesn't matter WHAT you are but WHO you are. If two men or two woman are capable and want to adopt, I don't have a problem with that. I don't have a problem with single people adopting either-again, if they are capable. I have known a few gays and lesbians who have had kids from previous relationships. One's sexual orientation does not determain whether you will or not be a good parent or not. One has nothing to do with the other.

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 1:14 pm

This is where I become Mr. Homophobic. It's always been my opinion that If your gay, be gay, that's fine. Keep it in your own home though.
There should be a stimga attatched, it isn't normal, it certainly isn't the right way to do things.
Now, I've opened myself up for all sorts of abuse here, which is fine with me, at least I have the balls to say "Hey, this is my opinion, it's different to the Politically correct bullsheesh we have forced down our throats."

Says you.  People have the right to live their lives any way they want so long as they aren't breaking the law.  Who are you to say what's right?  Stop looking to the Bible for advice.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/17/06 at 1:29 pm

Hey, no knocking on the midwesterners....I've been one all my life.  Then again, I'm probably not your "typical" midwesterner....at least I'm not "typical" of the areas in which I've lived ;)

I'm a Farwesterner.  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 1:29 pm

Karma for at least being honest (even though I disagree) ;)

So, what about a single person adopting?  Are you also against that?

Sometimes being honest isn't a good thing.  And didn't you know?  Adoption is only for heterosexual couples who can have children biologically.  Everyone else is not allowed.  No gays, no sterile people, no single people.  Single people can't get pregnant without another person, and if there's another person, why adopt?  Just get knocked up!

Written By: danootaandme on 03/17/06 at 1:57 pm

Spoken like a true right winger who has run out of credible arguments.  If anyone disagrees with them the best thing to do is play the political victim, call them bleeding heart liberals, and accuse them of shoving political correctness down ones throat.  Whaa, whaa,
whaa...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 1:59 pm

Spoken like a true right winger who has run out of credible arguments.  If anyone disagrees with them the best thing to do is play the political victim, call them bleeding heart liberals, and accuse them of shoving political correctness down ones throat.  Whaa, whaa,
whaa...

I'm a bleeding heart liberal, or at least that's what he'd have you think.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 2:26 pm

Hey there big fella.  How ya doin? ;)

Can I sit down?

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/17/06 at 2:40 pm

Just think of the fireworks in the bedroom!  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 2:43 pm

The joke is old now.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 2:43 pm

Seriously.  Angry sex=good sex ;) ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/17/06 at 2:47 pm

The joke is old now.
Not for me!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 2:50 pm

Not for me!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah well, I said it's old.  It's been discussed, both parties involved in the joke have spoken their piece on it, so now it's over.  There's no need to keep going over it.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 2:57 pm

Yeah well, I said it's old.  It's been discussed, both parties involved in the joke have spoken their piece on it, so now it's over.  There's no need to keep going over it.

You have no sense of humor.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 3:03 pm

You have no sense of humor.

Everyone who knows me would say you were full of sh*t.  Just because I don't find you funny doesn't mean I don't find anything funny. 

However, when someone jokes about you having herpes and then when you tell them to stop, they don't......and keep going at it even though you told them that you didn't like it.....you tend to not like a lot of what they have to say.  You tend to not think they're very funny. 

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/17/06 at 3:09 pm

Hmm and you're the kid who's asking for romancing advice in another thread??  wtf?   :D

Substitute 'anger' with mad passion and lust but never anger...you sound weird.
..oh and stop hijacking discussions

BACK ON TOPIC

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 3:15 pm

Everyone who knows me would say you were full of sh*t.  Just because I don't find you funny doesn't mean I don't find anything funny. 

However, when someone jokes about you having herpes and then when you tell them to stop, they don't......and keep going at it even though you told them that you didn't like it.....you tend to not like a lot of what they have to say.  You tend to not think they're very funny. 

Okay, and what are you referring to?  I don't remember saying you had herpes.

And I based my comment on your lack of humor in this thread and also your comments about George Carlin.

Hmm and you're the kid who's asking for romancing advice in another thread??  wtf?  :D

Substitute 'anger' with mad passion and lust but never anger...you sound weird.
..oh and stop hijacking discussions
BACK ON TOPIC

Oh come now Babooska.  Some people get hot when they have a very heated argument with their lover. Let's not get too uptight here shall we?

Moving on.

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 3:20 pm

Says you.  People have the right to live their lives any way they want so long as they aren't breaking the law.  Who are you to say what's right?  Stop looking to the Bible for advice.

You seem to have a problem reading.

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, I am no Christian Zealot. My opinions are my own, not some 2000 year old book's.

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 3:21 pm

Karma for at least being honest (even though I disagree) ;)

So, what about a single person adopting?  Are you also against that?

I have some problems with single parents adopting yes. I'm of the opinion that it's VERY important to have both parents.

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 3:22 pm

Right, but If I say something there is a need  ;D

You need to re-arrange your double standards so they make sense.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 3:22 pm

You seem to have a problem reading.

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, I am no Christian Zealot. My opinions are my own, not some 2000 year old book's.

I respect that at least.

Oh, and she has no sense of humor so you can never be sure what to expect!

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 3:23 pm

whaa...

Yes of course, Political Correctness dosen't exist and people are never persecuted for telling the truth  ::)

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 3:25 pm

I respect that at least.

Which is all I ask for.

I respect other people's opinions and do my best to debate them in a rational and calm manner. After all, none of us decide actually policy.

Yes, It's sad to say but I'd have to agree with you, less lack of humor and more just complete double standards though.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 3:26 pm

Keep saying what's not true.  Repeating it over and over and over again doesn't make it fact.  I find a lot of things funny, but my sense of humor obviously isn't as evolved as others, so what I find funny you won't think is funny and what you find funny I won't think is funny.  Saying I have no sense of humor is a outright lie.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 3:27 pm

Which is all I ask for.

I respect other people's opinions and do my best to debate them in a rational and calm manner. After all, none of us decide actually policy.

Yes, It's sad to say but I'd have to agree with you, less lack of humor and more just complete double standards though.

What double standards do you think I have?  Seriously, point them out for me.  I love having homophobes point out MY foibles.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/17/06 at 3:30 pm

I hate when people use rebelling against political correctness as an excuse to be prejudiced.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 3:33 pm

Keep saying what's not true.  Repeating it over and over and over again doesn't make it fact.  I find a lot of things funny, but my sense of humor obviously isn't as evolved as others, so what I find funny you won't think is funny and what you find funny I won't think is funny.  Saying I have no sense of humor is a outright lie.

Well it's just my observation.  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 3:39 pm

Sister Morphine, I call a truce.  I'm sorry for not respecting the fact you don't think I'm funny.

I guess I'll go in the backyard now and eat dirt. ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/17/06 at 3:41 pm

Sister Morphine, I call a truce.  I'm sorry for not respecting the fact you don't think I'm funny.

I guess I'll go in the backyard now and eat dirt. ;D

;D ;D ;D 

I'd best not quote how I feel about the matter of gay adoption as I'm meant to be all for AOP!!

Written By: danootaandme on 03/17/06 at 3:43 pm

Yes of course, Political Correctness dosen't exist and people are never persecuted for telling the truth  ::)

Well I don't thind the opinions here are about being PC, they are how people truly believe, and I don't think that you are being persecuted, maybe a bit ruffled, but not persecuted. 

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 3:46 pm

Fine.  A truce it is.  :)

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 4:10 pm

Whether I agree with someone or not, I'd rather they speak their mind honestly than go along with the flock.  La Roche and I agree to disagree on a few things....this happens to be one of them.  And, knowing him like I do, I can say with 100% certainty that he is NOT a "religious zealot" or the "Christian right" as people have termed him....his beliefs are not based in biblical terms, they're based on what he feels is right and wrong.  I can't fault him for that.....at least he's making up his OWN mind and is willing to stand up for himself and what HE believes is right.

Thank ya.

Yes, my opinions may well be very different to other peoples. I don't like to follow the flock, the party line or the preacher in any way.
If somebody happens to disagree with me (which is fairly common) then I'm more than happy to at least hear them out. I'd much rather hear exactly what they think than what they think they ought to say.

Well I don't thind the opinions here are about being PC, they are how people truly believe, and I don't think that you are being persecuted, maybe a bit ruffled, but not persecuted. 

I don't think I personally am. It happens though.

I hate when people use rebelling against political correctness as an excuse to be prejudiced.

It's not an excuse. I didn't even mention it until just a few posts ago. I don't need an excuse for my opinions, they're my opinions because I believe them to be correct, that being said (and I think I said something along these lines before) none of us are policy makers, what we think is what we think, not what the country does.
For an example, I'm sure many of you would be against the use of Nuclear Weapons in the middle east, I am 100% for it. I think that would solve all manner of problems. Is my way of thinking different to the norm, yes, is it just my way of thinking, yes again.

What double standards do you think I have?  Seriously, point them out for me.  I love having homophobes point out MY foibles.

Well, for instance, when something you don't like is said we're all automatically told to drop it but you're perfectly happy to flog the horse after it's dead when anybody else would prefer something to be dropped.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 4:13 pm

Well, for instance, when something you don't like is said we're all automatically told to drop it but you're perfectly happy to flog the horse after it's dead when anybody else would prefer something to be dropped.

When people take a joke that I'm a part of too far, yes I'll tell them to quit.  You missed the thread where someone kept joking that I had herpes even after I asked them to quit. 

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 4:15 pm

When people take a joke that I'm a part of too far, yes I'll tell them to quit.  You missed the thread where someone kept joking that I had herpes even after I asked them to quit. 

Actually I didn't. It was me and Al that were jokeing about it.. and.. unless all the blows to the head have caught up with me It was directed at Al and his comments were directed at me.
But that's inconsequential.

You stated in a thread Al made about a criminal cutting off his penis and throwing it at a cop that the hospital shouldn't have re-attatched it because somebody that stupid shouldn't have reproductive organs. This seems to go against what you said earlier.. you know, how everyone should be able to have kids.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/17/06 at 4:20 pm

Actually I didn't. It was me and Al that were jokeing about it.. and.. unless all the blows to the head have caught up with me It was directed at Al and his comments were directed at me.
But that's inconsequential.

You stated in a thread Al made about a criminal cutting off his penis and throwing it at a cop that the hospital shouldn't have re-attatched it because somebody that stupid shouldn't have reproductive organs. This seems to go against what you said earlier.. you know, how everyone should be able to have kids.

Hey, let him reproduce.  Everyone should be able to have kids, but if you cut your d*ck off.......and they can't reattach it, then what?

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 4:23 pm

Hey, let him reproduce.  Everyone should be able to have kids, but if you cut your d*ck off.......and they can't reattach it, then what?

Then of course he would be wanting to adopt wouldn't he. But would he be fit to  ;)

I'm going to say this once more..

If it could be proven to me that a Gay couple could provide a stable home and give the child the right male and female role models etc then I would really have no major problem with them adopting, I don't think this is the case. Of course, I'll agree that there are a large number of heterosexual couples that can't do this either..

Written By: STAR70 on 03/17/06 at 5:29 pm

my thoughts exactly

Written By: STAR70 on 03/17/06 at 5:30 pm

yup!

Written By: STAR70 on 03/17/06 at 5:30 pm

you go girl!!!!

Written By: STAR70 on 03/17/06 at 5:33 pm

KICK HIS A$$ !!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 6:26 pm

"Political Correctness" is a strawman.  In this case, a gay strawman!
:D

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1999_American_Beauty/999AMB_Chris_Cooper_007.jpg
Col. Frank Fitts makes his true feelings known to Mr. Lester Burnham

For some reason, the movie American Beauty leaps to mind!  Grrrr, isn't normal, it certainly isn't the right way to do things!
;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 6:40 pm

Oh, thought you said "Any sex = good sex," but that depends on how many boilermakers I've had!
:P

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 7:03 pm

KICK HIS A$$ !!!

;D

You are thoroughly pathetic.

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 7:05 pm

"Political Correctness" is a strawman.  In this case, a gay strawman!

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1999_American_Beauty/999AMB_Chris_Cooper_007.jpg
Col. Frank Fitts makes his true feelings known to Mr. Lester Burnham

For some reason, the movie American Beauty leaps to mind!  Grrrr, isn't normal, it certainly isn't the right way to do things!
;)

Great film, highly unlikely but great film.

The whole Homophobia = closet case is something that's always made me laugh, you don't think that  somebody of a slightly different sexual persuasion had a hand in this do ya..

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 7:07 pm

Great film, highly unlikely but great film.

The whole Homophobia = closet case is something that's always made me laugh, you don't think that  somebody of a slightly different sexual persuasion had a hand in this do ya..

A hand in wot?
???

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 7:24 pm

A hand in wot?
???

A hand in the whole 'Homophobia = Homosexuality' myth.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 7:30 pm

A hand in the whole 'Homophobia = Homosexuality' myth.

From what I have observed, most "homophobes" are not gay, merely afraid they might be. It is perfectly natural for a heterosexual person to have a fondness, an affection, even a romantic feeling for another of the same sex. It is only a problem if the person with these feelings fears them.

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 8:11 pm

From what I have observed, most "homophobes" are not gay, merely afraid they might be. It is perfectly natural for a heterosexual person to have a fondness, an affection, even a romantic feeling for another of the same sex. It is only a problem if the person with these feelings fears them.

Hmmm, I can see what you mean. There are fella's I have a fondness for, but not in a way that would cause me to want to jump in to bed with them.

How is this perfectly natural?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 8:34 pm

Hmmm, I can see what you mean. There are fella's I have a fondness for, but not in a way that would cause me to want to jump in to bed with them.

How is this perfectly natural?

How is it not?
???

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 8:43 pm

How is it not?
???

This is obvious to me.

A man and a woman.. fit together like a jigsaw piece.. this seems natural to me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 9:51 pm

This is obvious to me.

A man and a woman.. fit together like a jigsaw piece.. this seems natural to me.

And a man and a man...?

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 11:04 pm

And a man and a man...?

... Don't.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 11:06 pm

... Don't.

I don't personally, but(t)...

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 11:07 pm

I don't personally, but(t)...

;D

Written By: witchain on 03/17/06 at 11:14 pm

LR-
Do you think the children would be better off in a foster home where the care-givers were being paid to take care of them?
At least in a reputable adoption case the "parents" would want and take care of the child as their own.
Most gays are very loving, and quite frankly I wouldn't have minded one bit having two dads instead of the f@cked up experiences that have befallen me.

Written By: witchain on 03/17/06 at 11:16 pm

This thread has gone to sh!t.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 11:18 pm

LR-
Do you think the children would be better off in a foster home where the care-givers were being paid to take care of them?
At least in a reputable adoption case the "parents" would want and take care of the child as their own.
Most gays are very loving, and quite frankly I wouldn't have minded one bit having two dads instead of the f@cked up experiences that have befallen me.

http://timstvshowcase.com/my2dads0.jpg
My Two Dads

See? Isn't that a nice family!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/06 at 11:20 pm

This thread has gone to sh!t.

Well, when it gets back, tell it I gotta another point to make!

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 11:21 pm

LR-

I've stated before.

If there were guidelines and a system in place ensuring that these children had an upbringing that gave them everything they needed then I wouldn't have an issue with it.
No, I think that these children would be better off in a loving home with a stable family.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/17/06 at 11:22 pm

I am going to answer this one blind, without looking at the viewpoints of anybody else first.

Myself, I have no problem with it.  However, if it is an "open adoption" (where the adoptive parents and the birth mother/parents) are strangers, then "first dibs" should go to a heterosexual couple who is unable to have children.

Then below them, I would place same sex couples.

And before anybody jumps on me, even below that I would place single parents.  I am talking about the single men and women who want to adopt.  Let them wait last in line, in favor of those who can provide a 2 parent environment.

With me, it is all about what is better for the children.  The sex of the parent(s) really does not matter to me.  After all, for 2 women, there is always artificial insemination (that is what my best friend did with her partner).  And for men, there is surrogate parenting.  That would let them have a child with their DNA.  Let the first priority go to couples that are unable to have children the "natural way".

But I would not prevent same sex couples from adopting, simply let them wait second.

Oh, and at the bottom of the list would go people likw ANgolina Jolie and Billy-Bob Thornton.  Some people should not have children for a reason.  :P

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/18/06 at 5:35 am

Fine.  A truce it is.   :)

Good - shall we all have tea and buns??

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/18/06 at 11:20 am

Sorry, I don't drink tea.  Never cared for it much, hot or cold.  I will have a Diet Coke, though.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 11:24 am

Sorry, I don't drink tea.  Never cared for it much, hot or cold.  I will have a Diet Coke, though.

Really? :o

Wow, that's like not liking air or water. ;D :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/18/06 at 1:34 pm

Really? :o

Wow, that's like not liking air or water. ;D :P

I'm an American.  We don't drink tea obsessively like other cultures do.  I can't stand the stuff.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 1:37 pm

I'm an American.  We don't drink tea obsessively like other cultures do.  I can't stand the stuff.

I'm an American too lady and I'm a southerner.  In the south we drink tea... unlike you godless yankees. :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/18/06 at 3:01 pm

I'm an American too lady and I'm a southerner.  In the south we drink tea... unlike you godless yankees. :P

I know that iced tea is big in the South , however growing up in Chicago, I never acquired a taste for it.  I didn't know anyone who drank it, and when I did try it, I threw up.

I'll stick to my Diet Coke.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/18/06 at 3:06 pm

I'm a yankee and I have had 4 cups of tea today.

Cat

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/18/06 at 3:43 pm

I like tea...it's pretty common up here.

Written By: La Roche on 03/18/06 at 4:19 pm

I am going to answer this one blind, without looking at the viewpoints of anybody else first.

Myself, I have no problem with it.  However, if it is an "open adoption" (where the adoptive parents and the birth mother/parents) are strangers, then "first dibs" should go to a heterosexual couple who is unable to have children.

Then below them, I would place same sex couples.

And before anybody jumps on me, even below that I would place single parents.  I am talking about the single men and women who want to adopt.  Let them wait last in line, in favor of those who can provide a 2 parent environment.

With me, it is all about what is better for the children.  The sex of the parent(s) really does not matter to me.  After all, for 2 women, there is always artificial insemination (that is what my best friend did with her partner).  And for men, there is surrogate parenting.  That would let them have a child with their DNA.  Let the first priority go to couples that are unable to have children the "natural way".

But I would not prevent same sex couples from adopting, simply let them wait second.

Oh, and at the bottom of the list would go people likw ANgolina Jolie and Billy-Bob Thornton.  Some people should not have children for a reason.  :P

I can certainly agree with you here to a certain extent.

You've said several things I believe, but in a far better way to be honest.

I to am mainly concerned with the well being of the child and as long as gay couple could provide the right kind of two parent household I'd be fine with it. I'm still not 100% convinced that would be achievable in every case, but I suppose it's important to view this on individual merit as opposted to a generalisation.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/18/06 at 4:22 pm

I can certainly agree with you here to a certain extent.

You've said several things I believe, but in a far better way to be honest.

I to am mainly concerned with the well being of the child and as long as gay couple could provide the right kind of two parent household I'd be fine with it. I'm still not 100% convinced that would be achievable in every case, but I suppose it's important to view this on individual merit as opposted to a generalisation.

That comment just shows your concern that all gay people, like myself, are immoral sleazoids. This goes along with the stereotype that gay people would hold a household where people f*ck each other all day with dildoes and do crystal meth. A higher percentage of straight than gay people are child molesters, believe it or not.

Written By: La Roche on 03/18/06 at 4:24 pm

That comment just shows your concern that all gay people, like myself, are immoral sleazoids. This goes along with the stereotype that gay people would hold a household where people f*ck each other all day with dildoes and do crystal meth. A higher percentage of straight than gay people are child molesters, believe it or not.

Your comment just shows you have no rational grasp on reality and jump to conclusions all too fast.

Where exactly did I say that?

As you know, I say what I think.. and.. shock horror, I don't actually think what you said.

No, my concern is that the child wouldn't receive a balance of male and female influence, not that it would be subjected to buggery 24/7  ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 4:31 pm

I'm a yankee and I have had 4 cups of tea today.

Cat

I was just being facetious.  ;D

I know that iced tea is big in the South , however growing up in Chicago, I never acquired a taste for it.  I didn't know anyone who drank it, and when I did try it, I threw up.

I'll stick to my Diet Coke.

You should try Coke Zero.  It's zero calories, and tastes better than Diet Coke. :)

Do you drink much water?

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/18/06 at 4:32 pm

I was just being facetious.  ;D

You should try Coke Zero.  It's zero calories, and tastes better than Diet Coke. :)

Do you drink much water?

I would also recommend Coke Zero, it's pretty good for diet.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/18/06 at 6:29 pm

:o :o ;D :o :o

Starts to think stern thoughts!!

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 6:40 pm

:o :o ;D :o :o

Starts to think stern thoughts!!

;D

Like I said, I was just being facetious.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/18/06 at 8:06 pm

Since I made the original message La Roche responded to, I assume that means me as well.

Well, let me fill you in a bit.  My best friend in the world is Gay.  My other best friend is a lesbian.  I could not care less what the sexuality is of anybody.  That no more matters to me then their race, their religion, or if they prefer dogs or cats or goldfish.

As I said, my #1 and only concern is the welfare of the child.  Period.  I make no judgement, moral or otherwise on "alternative lifestyles".

To me, there is a lot to be said for having a male and female parent.  For one, it lets the child form close bonds to adults of both sexes.  A child who is only exposed to men (or women) will tend to be stunted to one degree or another to a person of the opposite sex if they never formed those bonds in childhood.  This may well come up later in life.

But I feel that a home with 2 parents (even of the same sex) is better then a household with only 1 parent.  It is hard enough raising a child alone, and often in this situation the child does not get enough attention.  And wihout seeing the interaction of 2 parents, they also may be stunted in guture relationships, because it is something they never learned from experience from watching thier own parents.

My friend here in Alabama is a lesbian, who has a child from an earlier relationship.  The natural father recently came back into her life, and she is much happier now that she has a "daddy".  She has another child with her partner.  Her partner carried the child, and the donor was my friend's brother.  And between myself, her natural father (who is her uncle), and her older daughter's father, they both get a lot of exposure to men.

And living in both LA and San Francisco, I know that a lot of the BS people say about "Alternative Lifestyles" is not true.  However, I will stand by my belief that 2 heterosexual parents are the best for a child, and that is all I ever care about.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/18/06 at 8:10 pm

I'm a Brit and I drink tea occasionally - unlike other cultures I can't stand carbonated pop it makes me spew.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/18/06 at 8:52 pm

Ok.. I'm sure I'm gonna hear it for this... but I agree with those who feel placing a child in a gay home is asking for the child to be taunted... which is wrong, but is the way things are.  Now, an infant or toddler, I think is best placed with a heterosexual couple.  However, an older child, say over the age of 10, who can understand the concept of having gay parents, that is ok with being adopted by gay parents, should be ok.

I am a part of one of those hetero married couples who is unable to conceive, and I have looked into adoption.  There are three different ways to adopt children.

1. Overseas Adoption.  Most expensive, but less restrictive.  Mostly from China, Ukraine, Guatemala, and third world countries.  Many of the agencies are church-related, and will require you to practice a certain religion (mostly Catholic, which would mean hetero). Usually infants and toddlers.

2. Domestic Adoption through government agencies:  Least expensive, (sometimes the government pays you) but most children are minority or special needs.  Most are also older than age 9, and many are sibling sets that need to be adopted together.  Usually you must be foster parents first to the children, and a certain time must go by to allow the birth parents an opportunity to reclaim their children before the adoption can be finalized.

3. Domestic (Private) Adoption:  Almost always newborn, potential adoptive parents get on a waiting list, and the birth parents get to choose which parents adopt their baby.  These are mostly white babies, medium in price but the longest wait and the most red tape.

So, you can see that even with gay adoption legal, you have alot of birth parents and churches involved in the decision of who adopts the children.  So most infants will end up in heterosexual homes anyway, and older children being adopted through government agencies are capable of contributing to the decision making.    And it doesn't just extend to straight/gay.  Some government agencies require a single female parent because the child is fearful of men (due to abuse, etc)  It really should be evaluated on a case by case basis.

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/18/06 at 10:40 pm

Well, I'm of the idea that as long as they're law abiding, good people, I think it's perfectly okay. Although, I also think it's good for a kid to have a strong male and female influence in their lives (so if the parents are two guys, if there's, say an Aunt who is a strong presence around them).

However, I've been through Elementary, Middle, and High school, and believe me "kids" will sometimes bully their peers for things like that (which, of course, is unfortunate). Although, they could also get picked on if their straight parents are alcoholics or something, so that shouldn't prevent a gay couple from being "parents".

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 11:39 pm

Hey kids can get ostracized for lots of stuff. My dad was an atheist, and in the very small, very conservatively Christian town I grew up in(from 5 to 13), everyone knew it.  And I was a total pariah for coming from a secular home like that.  But that doesn't mean my parents didn't take good care of me.  And  the way other kids might treat the adopted kids, shouldn't be considered because you know what? Kids are mean, period. 

Written By: STAR70 on 03/21/06 at 3:58 pm

Well, let me fill you in a bit.  My best friend in the world is Gay.  My other best friend is a lesbian.

this statement reminds me of times when racist white people deny their obvious racism by saying:

"I'm NOT a racist!!! Some of my BEST friends are Negroes!!!"

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/21/06 at 4:07 pm

Back to the  question.  There is no evidance that gay couples have an adverse effect on kids they raise., and lots of evidance that most make great parants, so I say "LET THEM ADOPT".  God knows there are lots of kids who could benefit from loving parants.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/21/06 at 4:17 pm

;D

You are thoroughly pathetic.

...and you're French, which means you'll surrender any second now!!!!

Written By: STAR70 on 03/21/06 at 4:23 pm

http://timstvshowcase.com/my2dads0.jpg
My Two Dads

See? Isn't that a nice family!

...and she grew up to be one hot piece of....

Written By: STAR70 on 03/21/06 at 4:26 pm

Earl Grey, please. If that's not available, then I'll have some Darjeeling.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/21/06 at 4:34 pm

Earl Grey is awesome. 8)

Written By: STAR70 on 03/21/06 at 4:38 pm

Earl Grey is awesome. 8)

mmmmmm....

Written By: La Roche on 03/21/06 at 4:55 pm

...and you're French, which means you'll surrender any second now!!!!

Yes..

you're correct.

I admit it, in our haste to give our citizens real health care and security in their old ages we blew our military budget.
C'est la vie.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/21/06 at 5:40 pm

this statement reminds me of times when racist white people deny their obvious racism by saying:

"I'm NOT a racist!!! Some of my BEST friends are Negroes!!!"

Oh PLEASE!

One thing I am, and that is colorblind.  I could not care less what color somebody is, what religion they are, what their sexuality is, or anything else.  It does not make one bit of difference to me.

And there is a large difference between that normal racist remark "some of my best friends", and my statement that my 2 best friends PERIOD are gay.  In fact, if you asked either of them if I was a homophobe, they would laugh in your face.

I have a very small circle of friends, I can count those on one hand and have a few fingers left over.  Everybody else is simply an aquaintence.  And out of all my friends from California, I only keep in contact with one.  The fact that he is gay is entirely besides the point.

Sometimes, you have to realize when a statement is simply that, a statement of fact.  Not everybody that makes that kind of statement is trying to put a smokescreen over their bigotry.  And over the years, I have over and over again attacked all forms of bigotry.

Oh, and his current partner is of African-American descent.  Once again, does not matter one iota in the world, as long as he is happy.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/21/06 at 6:42 pm

Certainly Sir, I'll get it rightaway.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/22/06 at 12:33 am

Could you get me a bit of creamer too, please? :D

Written By: STAR70 on 03/22/06 at 8:20 pm

Oh PLEASE!

One thing I am, and that is colorblind.  I could not care less what color somebody is, what religion they are, what their sexuality is, ...
Oh, and his current partner is of African-American descent...

I see a contradiction. A truly "colorblind" person wouldn't identify someone as "African-American."

Written By: STAR70 on 03/22/06 at 8:22 pm

Certainly Sir, I'll get it rightaway.

Mmmmmm... tasty!!!! And to think we dumped the stuff into Boston Harbor some 229 years ago!!!!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/22/06 at 8:42 pm

I see a contradiction. A truly "colorblind" person wouldn't identify someone as "African-American."

Sure he would, because he can't see color :P  Of course, if you're going to nitpick, black is the absence of light (color) so he could still have called him "black".  And if we're going to continue, there are a lot of different kinds of "black" people, not just of African descent, but also Jamaican, Dominican, and other Caribbean.  I guess Mushroom was trying to be as specific as possible, since people like to nitpick. 

I could go on.  But I guess the whole point of me posting in the first place is to show how totally irrelevant your statement is in the context of the argument.  You're trying to pick a fight where none existed before, and that's just silly.

Not that I would ever accuse the grand and noble Star70 of being an instigator...

Written By: STAR70 on 03/22/06 at 9:13 pm

Sure he would, because he can't see color :P  Of course, if you're going to nitpick, black is the absence of light (color) so he could still have called him "black".

WELL, if you want to be techinical about it, skin color is determined, in large part, to the amount of melanin that a person has in his/her skin. "Black" people have a higher concentration of melanin than "whites" or "yellows".

And if we're going to continue, there are a lot of different kinds of "black" people, not just of African descent, but also Jamaican, Dominican, and other Caribbean.  I guess Mushroom was trying to be as specific as possible, since people like to nitpick. 
Lots of people from Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and other Carribbean are of African descent, because their ancestors were taken, as slaves, from Africa and sent to the Carribbean by various European Empires.

I could go on.  But I guess the whole point of me posting in the first place is to show how totally irrelevant your statement is in the context of the argument.  You're trying to pick a fight where none existed before, and that's just silly.

Not that I would ever accuse the grand and noble Star70 of being an instigator...

of course not!!! not that I would ever accuse the grand and noble Rice Cube of being totally off the mark....

Written By: La Roche on 03/23/06 at 9:29 am

WELL, if you want to be techinical about it, skin color is determined, in large part, to the amount of melanin that a person has in his/her skin. "Black" people have a higher concentration of melanin than "whites" or "yellows".

Lots of people from Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and other Carribbean are of African descent, because their ancestors were taken, as slaves, from Africa and sent to the Carribbean by various European Empires.

of course not!!! not that I would ever accuse the grand and noble Rice Cube of being totally off the mark....

I'm gonna go out a limb and assume that our friend here is the sort who didn't find see the humor when on a trip to the United States Nelson Mandela was reffered to as an 'African American'.

ummmm, if you're looking to argue  biology, you picked the wrong person....Rice has a few degrees in the subject.... And, if you ask one of them what their nationality is, they'll most likely say Jamaican, Dominican, etc. Oh please, you have added absolutely NOTHING of "value" to this (or any of the political) discussions lately, but have hurled insinuations and accusations at everyone.  Grow up.

"I be from de islands mon"

Agreed, double agreed.

See, I'm at a completly different end of the sprectrum to people like the Dude and Maxwell.. but ya know, we don't resort to calling each other names.. you seem to have no other option.

In a battle of wit, you sir, appear to be unarmed.

Written By: KKay on 03/23/06 at 1:27 pm

I almost get the feeling that there is a hope that in the future there will be so many adopted children with gay parents in the schools that it won't attract attention; that it will be common and kids won't be judged.
But you can't plan like that.
You can't plan anything like that.  In addition,
As long as the parents have a stable home life, good income and they are mentally capable, then it's good that a child gets a home.
I think, no matter what the lifestyle, the standards for allowing people to adopt are low.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/23/06 at 1:30 pm

ummmm, if you're looking to argue  biology, you picked the wrong person....Rice has a few degrees in the subject....

Well, in all fairness, skin color is determined by melanin content.  The argument I made, however, wasn't to talk biology but to show how irrelevant he was to this whole conversation.  Which he proved in his response.

On topic!  There's nothing wrong with gay adoption as long as they don't expect their kids to be gay or straight or whatever.  All you need is love.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/06 at 4:01 pm

Earl Grey is awesome. 8)

I like Earl Grey, too but by Twinings. Can't stand Bigalow.

Ok, yeah, we have gone off the topic.

Cat

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 5:44 pm

But Bigelow is the official tea of Imus in the morning! 8)

Written By: Mushroom on 03/23/06 at 5:44 pm

I'm gonna go out a limb and assume that our friend here is the sort who didn't find see the humor when on a trip to the United States Nelson Mandela was reffered to as an 'African American'.

Actually, I find something like that very funny.  It shows how silly being PC can be.

I also found it funny when a student at UCLA were banned from listing himself as "African-American", and not allowed to join an African-American fraternity and Student Group.  He was Caucasian, but his mother was born in Africa (I seem to remember she was from South Africa).  And the same thing happened to other students, who were Caucasian, and actually born and raised in Africa.

Myself, I find "African-American" very inaccurate.  After all, would not somebody who is descended from Egyptians or Lybians also "African-American", reguardless of skin color?

*apologizes for moving off topic, and returns to the topic*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/06 at 5:45 pm

But Bigelow is the official tea of Imus in the morning! 8)

So? I still don't like it.

Cat

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 5:50 pm

Actually, I find something like that very funny.  It shows how silly being PC can be.

I also found it funny when a student at UCLA were banned from listing himself as "African-American", and not allowed to join an African-American fraternity and Student Group.  He was Caucasian, but his mother was born in Africa (I seem to remember she was from South Africa).  And the same thing happened to other students, who were Caucasian, and actually born and raised in Africa.

Myself, I find "African-American" very inaccurate.  After all, would not somebody who is descended from Egyptians or Lybians also "African-American", reguardless of skin color?

I agree with you 100%, Mushroom.  I've always thought to myself "what about the 100 million+ brown skinned people in North Africa".  Also, some Berbers in northwest Africa are pretty close to being what we call "white".  Some of them even have blue, green etc. eyes rather than brown.  And they are native to the African continent.

Also, there are millions of East Indians who reside in Africa, and I don't see how descendents of European settlers are any less African than their black neighbors.  If people want to argue that then they should say whites here are not really American.  But that just shows the fallacies of thinking black=African, doesn't it?

So? I still don't like it.

Cat

How is Twinings different?  :P

Written By: La Roche on 03/23/06 at 5:57 pm

Actually, I find something like that very funny.  It shows how silly being PC can be.

I also found it funny when a student at UCLA were banned from listing himself as "African-American", and not allowed to join an African-American fraternity and Student Group.  He was Caucasian, but his mother was born in Africa (I seem to remember she was from South Africa).  And the same thing happened to other students, who were Caucasian, and actually born and raised in Africa.

Myself, I find "African-American" very inaccurate.  After all, would not somebody who is descended from Egyptians or Lybians also "African-American", reguardless of skin color?

I wasn't reffering to you. I figured you could probably see the humor in it.

I find the whole African American thing a bit silly as well.

I thought this was supposed to be the melting pot, we're all American right?

::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 6:02 pm

I can see humor in a lot of things others don't..

For example, it was tragic, but I did see the irony in the fact Ms.Deaf Texas was killed by a train. 

Written By: STAR70 on 03/23/06 at 8:21 pm

ummmm, if you're looking to argue  biology, you picked the wrong person....Rice has a few degrees in the subject....

he's obviously lost those degrees somewhere

And, if you ask one of them what their nationality is, they'll most likely say Jamaican, Dominican, etc.

did you figure this one out for yourself, or did someone tell you???

Oh please, you have added absolutely NOTHING of "value" to this (or any of the political) discussions lately, but have hurled insinuations and accusations at everyone.  Grow up.

so what have you contributed lately???

Written By: STAR70 on 03/23/06 at 8:23 pm

"I be from de islands mon"

Agreed, double agreed.

See, I'm at a completly different end of the sprectrum to people like the Dude and Maxwell.. but ya know, we don't resort to calling each other names.. you seem to have no other option.

In a battle of wit, you sir, appear to be unarmed.

what, you haven't surrendered yet? you can't  be French after all!!!

Written By: STAR70 on 03/23/06 at 8:25 pm

I like Earl Grey, too but by Twinings. Can't stand Bigalow.

Ok, yeah, we have gone off the topic.

Cat

isn't "bad" Earl Grey better than no Earl Grey at all?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/23/06 at 8:39 pm

And then there are those Sicilians......

Written By: La Roche on 03/23/06 at 9:09 pm

what, you haven't surrendered yet? you can't  be French after all!!!

No gang colors.. you can't be from L.A.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/23/06 at 9:12 pm

No gang colors.. you can't be from L.A.

Frenchy could learn a lot from L.A. gangs, i.e. not surrendering instantly.

Written By: La Roche on 03/23/06 at 9:13 pm

Frenchy could learn a lot from L.A. gangs, i.e. not surrendering instantly.

L.A could learn a lot from France. i.e Culture, Style, Grace, Elegance, Sophistication.. the list goes on.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/23/06 at 9:19 pm

L.A could learn a lot from France. i.e Culture, Style, Grace, Elegance, Sophistication.. the list goes on.

you mean the Culture, Style, Grace, Elegance, and Sophistication of Surrendering Instantaneously

Written By: La Roche on 03/23/06 at 9:23 pm

you mean the Culture, Style, Grace, Elegance, and Sophistication of Surrendering Instantaneously

If you mean by Surrendering Instantaneously, keeping a rich historic culture around for somewhere in the region of 12-13 times longer than the faux culture that exists around you then yes.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/23/06 at 9:28 pm

If you mean by Surrendering Instantaneously, keeping a rich historic culture around for somewhere in the region of 12-13 times longer ...

...that is until the re-unified Germany invades you again and you surrender to them instantaneously again.

no Yankee bailout this time!!!  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/23/06 at 9:29 pm

...that is until the re-unified Germany invades you again and you surrender to them instantaneously again.

no Yankee bailout this time!!!  ;D

You worry about China, we'll concern ourselves with the crouts.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 9:34 pm

Congratulations. Would you like a cookie?
I've always been a fan of the "Women on top" paradigm. If you need a demonstration...

...not that I would EVER accuse YOU  of making baseless, irrelevent, and inflammatory remarks...

You I like.

"Woman on top" ;D

Written By: STAR70 on 03/23/06 at 9:39 pm

You worry about China, we'll concern ourselves with the crouts.

leave the Chinese alone!!!!

Written By: STAR70 on 03/23/06 at 9:40 pm

You I like.

"Woman on top" ;D

I luv womyn on top!!!

--JESUS CHRIST

Written By: La Roche on 03/23/06 at 9:41 pm

leave the Chinese alone!!!!

At once.. as soon as you accept France as your cultural superior.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/23/06 at 9:45 pm

At once.. as soon as you accept France as your cultural superior.

Superior in the Fine Art of Instantaneous Surrender.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 9:49 pm

What makes France so great culturally?  You have a pretty good cuisine.. And..?

Written By: La Roche on 03/23/06 at 9:54 pm

What makes France so great culturally?  You have a pretty good cuisine.. And..?

More than a thousand years of glorious history, fabulous architecture and art. Glorious land.
The country has been taken care of as opposed to many other's which have been ruined.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 9:58 pm

More than a thousand years of glorious history, fabulous architecture and art. Glorious land.
The country has been taken care of as opposed to many other's which have been ruined.

Fabulous architecture?  I GUESS.  You're right, art is good.  Nothing to write home about though in my opinion.  I'll take the Spaniards over you lot any day of the week.  Or the Italians.  Those are the best European cultures, IMO.

Written By: La Roche on 03/23/06 at 9:59 pm

Fabulous architecture?  I GUESS.  You're right, art is good.  Nothing to write home about though in my opinion.  I'll take the Spaniards over you lot any day of the week.  Or the Italians.  Those are the best European cultures, IMO.

Which is fair.
Mr Star could learn a lesson from you, at least you can explain why your opinion is different.
To be honest, the Italians have a case, beautiful country.

I must admit though, I've visted Spain several times.. lovely country, nothing to write home about though in my opinion..  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 10:03 pm

Well as a Spanish-speaker it makes me a little more inclined toward them(Spaniards).  I also really dig their food, and flamenco music.  Salvador Dali also happens to be my favorite painter.  I also think they have a really interesting history, with the Moors and all..

Written By: La Roche on 03/23/06 at 10:06 pm

Well as a Spanish-speaker it makes me a little more inclined toward them(Spaniards).  I also really dig their food, and flamenco music.  Salvador Dali also happens to be my favorite painter.  I also think they have a really interesting history, with the Moors and all..

Oh they have a very interesting history. Of course.. speaking the language isn't neccisarilly anything to do with it. I am a French speaker, I have no desire to go to Algeria  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 10:09 pm

Oh they have a very interesting history. Of course.. speaking the language isn't neccisarilly anything to do with it. I am a French speaker, I have no desire to go to Algeria  ;)

Good point.  I don't want to go to Colombia. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/24/06 at 12:29 am

he's obviously lost those degrees somewhere

They're at my mom's house.  She keeps them for me because they're special :)

Actually I don't think there's anything wrong with the French on an individual basis.  My French teacher in high school immigrated from France (she went to the Sorbonne for her degree) and was very nice and had a great sense of humor.  I have been throughout France, particularly Nice, the parts around Monaco, Lyon and Paris, and I do agree that the architecture is rather nice.  I did have issues with some people about my French-speaking and my accent, because my grammar isn't perfect and I have a French-Canadian accent (my extended family lives in Ontario, which is next to Quebec so I go to Montreal every now and then) so I guess they looked down on me and responded in English :P  But otherwise I didn't have a terrible time in France.  I did prefer Switzerland and Germany though in terms of beauty, they have wonderful scenery.  But the arts in France should not be ignored.

I guess the accents/speech thing isn't restricted to French people.  I know Mexicans look down upon Mexican-Americans when they don't speak perfect Mexican-style Spanish, which is unfortunate.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 12:43 am

I guess the accents/speech thing isn't restricted to French people.  I know Mexicans look down upon Mexican-Americans when they don't speak perfect Mexican-style Spanish, which is unfortunate.

I think the problem there are a lot of Hispanics who speak somewhat garbled Spanish.  Alot of them don't really know how to speak International Spanish really, it's very heavily slang-oriented.  I think that's due to the fact living in an English-speaking country they don't really get educated in Spanish alot of the time.  I speak good, Castillian Spanish and my brother's wife and in-laws are of Mexican descent.  They all speak Spanish, but it's actually what I would call Tex-Mex, and I really cannot understand it very well.  It's like Cajun French or something.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/24/06 at 12:40 pm

I've been to all 3 and I must admit, I liked Italy the best overall.  France had the best dessert, Spain the best manners, but I guess I just spent more time in Italy and got to see much more of it to fall in love with...

Italy had great architecture but Venice really stunk and was full of pigeon poop :P  I much preferred Germany, Austria and Switzerland.  Better food :D

Written By: STAR70 on 03/25/06 at 5:15 pm

Mr. Star won't learn no matter what so why bother?  All he does is repeat the same thing over and over and over and over.  ::)

I must repeat myself because your brain is incapable of  understanding a thing I say.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/25/06 at 5:23 pm

Mr. Star won't learn no matter what so why bother?  All he does is repeat the same thing over and over and over and over.  ::)

Had to click into his profile to see what is with this one.  Don't take the bait, he doesn't give his age, I am guessing a bitter, under
achieving 12.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/25/06 at 5:56 pm

Had to click into his profile to see what is with this one.  Don't take the bait, he doesn't give his age, I am guessing a bitter, under
achieving 12.

...and what's YOUR age?

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/25/06 at 6:32 pm

Keep on rockin' in the free world, STAR70. ;) ;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/25/06 at 6:58 pm

...and what's YOUR age?

Your collective gang mother never told you it's rude to ask a lady her age did she.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/25/06 at 7:32 pm

Your collective gang mother never told you it's rude to ask a lady her age did she.

what's the age of your whore mother? Some L.A. gangsters could pimp her out for $2, if she's lucky.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/25/06 at 7:33 pm

Keep on rockin' in the free world, STAR70. ;) ;D

rock on!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/25/06 at 7:37 pm

what's the age of your whore mother? Some L.A. gangsters could pimp her out for $2, if she's lucky.

Hey c'mon that is NOT such a good thing to say mate.  >:(

Written By: STAR70 on 03/25/06 at 7:38 pm

Hey c'mon that is NOT such a good thing to say mate.  >:(

I'm a bad man!

Written By: La Roche on 03/25/06 at 7:58 pm

I doubt it chief.

The mongrels that inhabit the L.A scene aren't fit to lick shiit off my boots, never mind my mother's.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/25/06 at 9:40 pm

Oh come on.

I will acknowledge the fact that you're an idiot but even I won't make fun of your mother.  That's just wrong man.

And you wonder why you get slammed on this board.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/25/06 at 10:20 pm

The guy's having fun. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/25/06 at 10:26 pm

The guy's having fun. ;D

So you're saying that if I called your mom a whore with her legs spread so wide that semi-trucks could drive across her thighs on I-10, it's all in good fun?  Okay.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/25/06 at 10:30 pm

So you're saying that if I called your mom a whore with her legs spread so wide that semi-trucks could drive across her thighs on I-10, it's all in good fun?  Okay.

Is your mom a whore?

I'm not saying what Star's saying is okay, but if's he wrong you're wasting your energy taking offense at him.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/25/06 at 10:32 pm

Yeah, sure, it's ribbing. 

I trade playful insults with friends. Sometimes going over the top like your's there makes it even more obviously a joke, imo.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/25/06 at 11:08 pm

Okay, could we at least TRY to make a post with some sort of substance to it? Grow up.

Written By: La Roche on 03/25/06 at 11:20 pm

Okay, could we at least TRY to make a post with some sort of substance to it? Grow up.

I think the problem is he's lacking in a certain specific substance..

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/25/06 at 11:36 pm

I think the problem is he's lacking in a certain specific substance..

Oh no, I can tell- he's not lacking in that at all.  Infact I'd say some of his wisecracks are partly inspired by that.

Don't get so worked up, guys.  The guy probably finds this all funny, I don't think he is seriously insulting anyone here.  I get told to not take things seriously around here all the time.  Now don't go into reverse..

Written By: La Roche on 03/25/06 at 11:37 pm

Oh no, I can tell- he's not lacking in that at all.  Infact I'd say some of his wisecracks are partly inspired by that.

Don't get so worked up, guys.  The guy probably finds this all funny, I don't think he is seriously insulting anyone here.  I get told to not take things seriously around here all the time.  Now don't go into reverse..

I'm not taking things seriously, you know me, we used to have chicken on sunday's..

But.. it's important to maintain the tone  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/25/06 at 11:39 pm

I'm not taking things seriously, you know me, we used to have chicken on sunday's..

But.. it's important to maintain the tone  ;)

:P Your mom used to fry the best chicken..

Written By: La Roche on 03/25/06 at 11:41 pm

:P Your mom used to fry the best chicken..

But your mom's fish was always the best

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/25/06 at 11:45 pm

But your mom's fish was always the best

You'll pay for that, my friend.  >:(

Written By: La Roche on 03/25/06 at 11:48 pm

You'll pay for that, my friend.  >:(

But what was best was the Pie.. oh man.

Written By: La Roche on 03/25/06 at 11:48 pm

Of course Dude, I hear that you prefer the Strudel over the Pie. That's Ok.. I think Star does as well.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/25/06 at 11:57 pm

Of course Dude, I hear that you prefer the Strudel over the Pie. That's Ok.. I think Star does as well.

Pshh. Yeah, well, I heard you'll put a d!ck in your mouth before you can say Jack Robinson. :P ;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/26/06 at 12:00 am

Pshh. Yeah, well, I heard you'll put a d!ck in your mouth before you can say Jack Robinson. :P ;D

Which movie was that?

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/26/06 at 12:01 am

Which movie was that?

Slap Shots. ;) 8)

Written By: La Roche on 03/26/06 at 12:04 am

Slap Shots. ;) 8)

That's it, I always forget the name of the movie.. and to think, I told you the name of it to begin with  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/26/06 at 12:10 am

so anyway guys...what do you think of gay adoptions? ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/26/06 at 12:18 am

I'm 100% for it.  The stereotypical idea of gays being more promiscuous should not keep them from adopting.  There are just as many straight people who are "Freaky" if not more.  The vetting process for adoption isn't that great- period.  I think all applicants should be properly vetted.  Now I can understand the point people like Shepherd want to make about ideally a kid needs a parent of both sexes, but at the very most that might mean maybe straight parents who are qualified should get PRIORITY over a gay couple who is qualified.  But if it comes down between unqualified straights, or qualified gays, and kids need a HOME,  then they should definitely be adopted by the gay couple.  I think singles adopting should generally be avoided straight or gay.  But even that is better than an orphanage.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/26/06 at 3:54 am

I'm a bad man!

Lousy post, yeah

Written By: danootaandme on 03/26/06 at 7:29 am

...and what's YOUR age?

Easy for most to find out.  I'm 54, whereever you've been, or are going, I've been first, done better, and learned something in the
process.

Written By: annonymouse on 03/26/06 at 10:49 am

Ok, am I the only person that has any knowledge of kids whatsoever?

When I was in school, if a kid had two dad's or two mom's he/she would have been beat up every day.

Now, I'm not saying this is right or wrong, I'm saying it's fact.

Fat kids get beat up. Real tall or real short kids get beat up. Kids that smell get beat up. So why add another to the list?

I'm sure some people may be able to point to an example where this didn't happen, to them I say "You should be proud." This isn't the case 99.99% of the time.

So what exactly is your stance on the whole gay adoption issue, where do you stand and how do you justify your stance?

ok, i get what you're trying to say but, the only reason kids pick on those kids is because their over religious parents raised them them to believe that homosexuals are the creations of the devil. well guess what you over religious slobs? there is no god. there is no devil. there is no heaven. there is no hell. we have no souls. when we DIE, our bodies shut down and we DIE!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: La Roche on 03/26/06 at 12:51 pm

ok, i get what you're trying to say but, the only reason kids pick on those kids is because their over religious parents raised them them to believe that homosexuals are the creations of the devil. well guess what you over religious slobs? there is no god. there is no devil. there is no heaven. there is no hell. we have no souls. when we DIE, our bodies shut down and we DIE!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody's gonna have a tummy ache I think.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/26/06 at 4:15 pm

you are so-o-o totally out of luck, I've never had strudel(I don't play for that team), I eat  Pie exclusively. You are gonna have to find your strudel from some other guy.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/26/06 at 4:34 pm

Lousy post, yeah

this is all your fault. now, if someone get me some Darjeeling...

Written By: STAR70 on 03/26/06 at 4:36 pm

Easy for most to find out.  I'm 54, whereever you've been, or are going, I've been first, done better,

oh really?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/26/06 at 5:55 pm

this is all your fault. now, if someone get me some Darjeeling...

Thanks a lot  :(  I'll have the tea and buns ready for your next visit and perhaps we can all be a bit more rational here. Do you require some Apfel Strudel too!!   ;D

Written By: karen on 03/27/06 at 3:41 am

I think you might be wrong on this because I know where Shepherd is coming from.  In Britain there is not this overly religious set of people (or at least they are very much in the minority) but a kid would get picked on for anything different about them.  The bullies picking on a kid for having gay parents are as likely to be picking on some other kid because they know he goes to church once a week.  I've seen both happen.

Written By: La Roche on 03/27/06 at 4:06 pm

I think you might be wrong on this because I know where Shepherd is coming from.  In Britain there is not this overly religious set of people (or at least they are very much in the minority) but a kid would get picked on for anything different about them.  The bullies picking on a kid for having gay parents are as likely to be picking on some other kid because they know he goes to church once a week.  I've seen both happen.

This is correct. This kind of behaviour can be observed with kids everywhere.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/27/06 at 4:37 pm

Hey, most kids are going to get picked on for something, it's just as likely they'll get picked on for their mom being fat or something.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/27/06 at 4:39 pm

Hey, most kids are going to get picked on for something, it's just as likely they'll get picked on for their mom being fat or something.

Exactly.  With that logic, you can say ugly people shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Written By: Ebontyne on 03/27/06 at 7:08 pm

In the case of bullying, the problem needs to be identified with the bullies rather than with their victims or their victims' parents. Similarly, violent intolerance of difference, rather than difference itself, should be the issue structuring this debate. To even suggest that society should be homogenized so as to prevent anyone considered "different" from being bullied is cowardly and ethically backwards in the extreme; it never ceases to amaze me what contortions people will go through to find reasons that supposedly justify or lend credence to their own prejudices. What a load of bollocks.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/27/06 at 7:54 pm

Exactly.  With that logic, you can say ugly people shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! ;)

Written By: La Roche on 03/27/06 at 8:00 pm

Of course, useing the logic that all it takes is love to be a parent then my dog could be a parent. It's obvious she loves and is devoted to me.
;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/27/06 at 8:05 pm

Of course, useing the logic that all it takes is love to be a parent then my dog could be a parent. It's obvious she loves and is devoted to me.
;)

So you're comparing gay people to dogs?

Written By: La Roche on 03/27/06 at 8:07 pm

So you're comparing gay people to dogs?

;D Ooohh clever.

If you wanna bring it up..

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/27/06 at 9:05 pm

I think ugly people should be selectively breeded by force into populations of the beautiful to reduce their presence by self-selection, thereby making generations of the ugly. Am I alone on this? Am I, guys?  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/27/06 at 9:30 pm

I think ugly people should be selectively breeded by force into populations of the beautiful to reduce their presence by self-selection, thereby making generations of the ugly. Am I alone on this? Am I, guys?  ;)

Ballsy. But I would have gone for the coup de grace. (Exclaiming that heterosexuals should be bred out)

Written By: La Roche on 03/27/06 at 10:25 pm

Ballsy. But I would have gone for the coup de grace. (Exclaiming that heterosexuals should be bred out)

I don't think it could be bred out.. This must be researched. I'll get back to you.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/27/06 at 10:27 pm

I don't think it could be bred out.. This must be researched. I'll get back to you.

From now on, everyone will be a homosexual Jew like myself through selective breeding.

Written By: STAR70 on 03/29/06 at 8:00 pm

From now on, everyone will be a homosexual Jew like myself through selective breeding.

I'll pass, my Saturdays are already booked!!!

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/30/06 at 4:18 am

I would...but I like my bacon too much.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/30/06 at 4:37 am

"I couldn't be no Mooslum, I like pigs' feet and white women too much" :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/30/06 at 4:40 am

On the serious side guys, I kinda doubt Tony follows Halaka.

Written By: La Roche on 03/30/06 at 10:20 am

"I couldn't be no Mooslum, I like pigs' feet and white women too much" :D

Did I ever share with you my plan for invasion in any of these Muslim countries?

Drop Pigs with cameras attached to their backs out of the back of planes, with little Piggy parachutes. The country will fall in about 5 minutes.

HAHA.. it's like "How's the 14th century guys?" "Look, shiny!"  ;D

Written By: STAR70 on 03/30/06 at 6:27 pm

Mmmmmm... Bacon......

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/31/06 at 3:04 am

An astute Homer Simpsoreque observation. I'll give you a karma point for that  :D

Written By: STAR70 on 04/01/06 at 2:38 pm

An astute Homer Simpsoreque observation. I'll give you a karma point for that  :D

*DROOLING* Mmmmm...Bacon.....Black Forest Ham........OH YEAH WOO HOO!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...