» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The actual transcript from Today show.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/22/06 at 8:06 pm

In case you always wanted to know, what transpired between Matt Lauer and Tom Cruise, during his interview here it is.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3tc.htm

Subject: Re: The actual transcript from Today show.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/22/06 at 8:08 pm

This is my favorite part.  ::)  ;D

TOM CRUISE:

all it does is mask the problem, Matt. And if you understand the history of it, it masks the problem. That's what it does. That's all it does. You're not getting to the reason why. There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/23/06 at 10:50 am

I wish I could have seen the actual interview.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/23/06 at 10:58 am

Here's the actual interview.....   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PJpsValkS8&search=matt%20lauer#comment

He came off is being kind of a Mr. Knowitall.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/23/06 at 11:00 am

I saw it when it was first televised and let me tell you, TC came off as a know-it-all who is so far off base, it was laughable.  It loses a bit when you don't have Matt Lauer's facial expressions because most of the time, he looked like he was thinking "Are you serious or are you pulling my leg?"

My second favorite part....

""Matt. Matt, Matt, you don't even--you're glib, You don't even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, okay? That's what I've done, Because I don't talk about things that I don't understand."  ;D

Written By: KKay on 03/23/06 at 11:02 am

In case you always wanted to know, what transpired between Matt Lauer and Tom Cruise, during his interview here it is.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3tc.htm

That was great. He's a total mess...
I am surprised he's not on here posting somewhere in the  Current Politics & Religious Topics forums.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/23/06 at 11:08 am

And my final favorite part..... (Keep in mind..... he "actually said this".  ;D)

"No, you see. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do."  ;D

Written By: karen on 03/23/06 at 11:42 am

Do you think this was a typo or doesn't he know the difference between them?

when i started studying the history of psychiatry, i understood more and more why i didn't believe in psychology.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/23/06 at 1:26 pm

I saw it when it was first televised and let me tell you, TC came off as a know-it-all who is so far off base, it was laughable.  It loses a bit when you don't have Matt Lauer's facial expressions because most of the time, he looked like he was thinking "Are you serious or are you pulling my leg?"

I couldn't agree with you more. I saw it the first time and Matt's look was priceless!!!! Hell, I think I had that same look as I was watching!!

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/23/06 at 1:33 pm

Tom Cruise went to my high school, he's my town's most famous resident. He was discovered doing Guys and Dolls in the theatre I just performed my play in. And he failed to graduate (class of 1980, 1981, I think?) He left to go make it in Hollywood. And what a moron. I'm sorry, I'm on antidepressants and they're the only reason my life isn't a living hell right now. It makes me feel guilty to be from his place of residence.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/06 at 5:14 pm

Same here.  They are actually for migraines, but my doctor thinks the migraines were being brought on by stress.  My son is also on ADD medication for (non-hyperactive) ADD brought on by Auditory Processing Disorder.  When there is the smallest amount of background noise, he cannot process what is being said to him and the ADD meds are the only thing that can help him focus on what is being said.  Without the meds, he'd be in special ed, which would be detrimental because he is a pretty smart kid and the special ed programs are not designed to help kids like him.  I DO have to admit, though, that one point he made is valid:  there ARE many kids on Ritalin that don't need to be.  It seems that the "catchall diagnosis" for misbehavior in the past decade is ADD, when many of the kids are just brats and the parents use the "diagnosis" to justify their kids' actions. 

I totally agree. I know there is a % of kids that Ritalin helps but I hate when they prescribe it because the kid is just being a kid-meaning having a lot of energy. I have a friend who has a kid who used to look like he was ready to take flight as he was talking (i.e. the arms flapping). They wanted to put him on Ritalin and she REFUSED!!! (which I give her a lot of credit for). Today, he is 18 (?) and now he is your typical 18 year old who basically wants to be a starving artist.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/23/06 at 9:30 pm

"There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance."

Obviously, he never met Couurtney Love.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...