» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Zacarias Moussaoui admits to being part of 9/11

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/27/06 at 3:38 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060327/ap_on_re_us/moussaoui_16;_ylt=AlXSiMMU.oWSV7Z_jHqNdKITv5UB;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

He and Richard Reid, the dude with the explosives in his shoe, were supposed to hijack a 5th plane and fly it into the White House.

I say we bring back hangings just for this guy.

Subject: Re: Zacarias Moussaoui admits to being part of 9/11

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/27/06 at 4:40 pm

^That's a very liberal, progressive point of view.  ::)

I say we send him to the LOST island, and let Sayid deal with him  ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/27/06 at 4:41 pm

^That's a very liberal, progressive point of view.  ::)

I say we send him to the LOST island, and let Sayid deal with him  ;D

I'm sorry, but I'm for the death penalty, but only in severe and extreme circumstances.

I more than think this qualifies.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/27/06 at 4:47 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm for the death penalty, but only in severe and extreme circumstances.

I more than think this qualifies.

I understand, in fact I'm actually for executing terrorists, but I view it more as an act of war then a death sentence since they've declared war with us. 
But I don't see the sense in only executing people for crimes that are especially hateworthy, that seems like a double standard to me. For instance, if you're gonna kill Charles Manson O.J.'s gotta go too or you have no standard.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/27/06 at 4:54 pm

I understand, in fact I'm actually for executing terrorists, but I view it more as an act of war then a death sentence since they've declared war with us. 
But I don't see the sense in only executing people for crimes that are especially hateworthy, that seems like a double standard to me. For instance, if you're gonna kill Charles Manson O.J.'s gotta go too or you have no standard.

There's a difference between executing people who've been convicted and executing people who haven't.  If OJ had been convicted, he most certainly would have been sent to death row, seeing as it was a multiple homicide and because of the severity of the crime, the relationship between all 3 people......he'd probably be sitting on death row right now.  As for Charlie, he was given the death penalty and would have been executed, but the Supreme Court ruled the D.P. unconstitutional and commuted all sentences to life in prison with no parole. 

There's degrees of murder, and I don't feel that everyone who kills someone else should be sent to death row.  Death Row should be reserved for the most abhorrent of society, and while murder is an abhorrent crime, not everyone who does it should die.  There's more that must go into it.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/27/06 at 5:03 pm

There's a difference between executing people who've been convicted and executing people who haven't.  If OJ had been convicted, he most certainly would have been sent to death row, seeing as it was a multiple homicide and because of the severity of the crime, the relationship between all 3 people......he'd probably be sitting on death row right now.  As for Charlie, he was given the death penalty and would have been executed, but the Supreme Court ruled the D.P. unconstitutional and commuted all sentences to life in prison with no parole. 

That's a good point. 

There's degrees of murder, and I don't feel that everyone who kills someone else should be sent to death row.  Death Row should be reserved for the most abhorrent of society, and while murder is an abhorrent crime, not everyone who does it should die.  There's more that must go into it.

For sure.  A crime of passion, for instance can be committed by an otherwise decent person who got really pissed off and took it a terrible way, but blowing up a school bus full of kids or bombing a skyscraper is obviously only the work of a madman.  Now, I'm against the death penalty completely because I think an advanced society shouldn't have it. It doesn't matter how infuriating it is, all that matters is that it doesn't happen again and that we don't waste our money treating them like kings. Seriously, do you think if you went to some utopian planet they would still have execution (well actually, if it was utopian there wouldn't be any crimes to execute for, but you know what I mean)?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/27/06 at 5:10 pm

For sure.  A crime of passion, for instance can be committed by an otherwise decent person who got really pissed off and took it a terrible way, but blowing up a school bus full of kids or bombing a skyscraper is obviously only the work of a madman.  Now, I'm against the death penalty completely because I think an advanced society shouldn't have it. It doesn't matter how infuriating it is, all that matters is that it doesn't happen again and that we don't waste our money treating them like kings. Seriously, do you think if you went to some utopian planet they would still have execution (well actually, if it was utopian there wouldn't be any crimes to execute for, but you know what I mean)?

I don't believe there would be, no.  But we don't live in a utopian society and while there is such a thing as separation of church and state, some people still adhere to the adage "an eye for an eye".  This guy would have flown a plane into the White House, killing our president and anyone else who was there along with innocent people on the plane.  He admitted to knowing 9/11 was going to happen but said nothing because he wanted it to happen, thereby causing the deaths of 3000 innocent people. 

I understand where you're coming from because I know people who are against the D.P. no matter the crime and I applaud you for sticking to your guns on the subject, but at the end of the day, you do understand where people would say that this man deserves to die, right?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/27/06 at 5:37 pm

I understand where you're coming from because I know people who are against the D.P. no matter the crime and I applaud you for sticking to your guns on the subject, but at the end of the day, you do understand where people would say that this man deserves to die, right?

Thanks, and I applauded you :)

Yes, I totally understand, when somebody kills innocent people almost anyone is gonna be pissed off.  We're human, that's our built-in response to destroy a predator. 

In fact, I agree: he DOES deserve to die.  Big time.  But people shouldn't always get what they deserve. 

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/27/06 at 5:39 pm

But people shouldn't always get what they deserve. 

Now that I agree with.  Sometimes and eternity of looking at the faces of the people you've killed can be just as appropriate a punishment.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/27/06 at 5:44 pm

Now that I agree with.  Sometimes and eternity of looking at the faces of the people you've killed can be just as appropriate a punishment.

Yeah, I don't really care personally, as long as they can't attack again.  I do think terrorists should be shot if found, since like I said they're at war with us.  Civilian death penalty I'm totally opposed to, not because I'm a "bleeding heart" but because I don't think the most powerful country in the world should uphold something so 18th Century.  Plus, the death penalty makes the good side look just like that; a side.  Good should prevail above bad, not be the better team in the same playing field.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/27/06 at 8:43 pm

Meh. I'll bet Zac is just a CIA plant. If the truth ever comes out on 9/11 the whole jig is up for the good ole U.S. of A., just ask any surviving member of the Warren Commission.

Whadda buncha fargin' bullsheet!
::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/27/06 at 8:46 pm

Meh. I'll bet Zac is just a CIA plant. If the truth ever comes out on 9/11 the whole jig is up for the good ole U.S. of A., just ask any surviving member of the Warren Commission.

Whadda buncha fargin' bullsheet!

If you really think the US is responsible for what occurred..........you've been listening to Charlie Sheen too much.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/27/06 at 8:59 pm

If you really think the US is responsible for what occurred..........you've been listening to Charlie Sheen too much.

I haven't been listening to Charlie Sheen, Charlie Brown, or Charlie Horse. I have been reading both political and scientific inquiries into the matter and I am firmly convinced the official version is bogus and there are massive coverups. But...I don't wanto get off on that tangent again. People still argue about the Kennedy assassinations in 2006, and people will be arguing about 9/11 in 2030. I'm more concerned now about what kind of gruesome massacre the Bushies might have up their sleeves to scare the American sheeple into voting Republican against all logical interests!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/27/06 at 10:17 pm

As a liberal, I agree.  Although I do think they probably could have stopped it, thinking they actually bombed it for the votes is a bit too far-fetched.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/27/06 at 10:30 pm

I'm more concerned now about what kind of gruesome massacre the Bushies might have up their sleeves to scare the American sheeple into voting Republican against all logical interests!

So following your logic, the Clinton Administration was secretly behind the 1993 WTC bombing and Oaklahoma City, right?

After all, those were all pots by the Government to crack down on civil liberties, and trick people into voting for Democrats.

Wait, that is as illogical a statement as the first one.  Never mind.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/27/06 at 10:35 pm

The simple fact is that no matter what Moussaoui, Reid, Johnny Walker, or anybody else says, you will still have people who think it is all some form of conspiracy.

Just as you still have Michael "I am a normal blue collar man" Moore going around saying "There is and never has been a terrorist threat".  No matter what, some people are simply to blinded by ideology and delusions that they refuse to accept the truth.

And BTW, Charlie Manson (and everybody else on death row) was commuted to Live with parole.  At the time, there was no such thing as LWOP.  Old Charlie (and most of his followers) have been eligable for parole since the 1980's, and they have always been denied.  Some may get out someday, but Charlie and Squeaky Fromme will likely die in prison.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/14/06 at 6:29 pm

So as the trial continues and Moussaoui remains arrogantly steadfast about his tyrannical actions, and that if he was given the opportunity he would repeat his actions, what is the general feeling here?

Would you want this man kept in prison for life? at a vast cost to the Tax payer, or should he be sent down (preferably for electrocution) immediately. I know which I'd choose for the intolerable little bastard.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/14/06 at 7:11 pm

So as the trial continues and Moussaoui remains arrogantly steadfast about his tyrannical actions, and that if he was given the opportunity he would repeat his actions, what is the general feeling here?

Would you want this man kept in prison for life? at a vast cost to the Tax payer, or should he be sent down (preferably for electrocution) immediately. I know which I'd choose for the intolerable little bastard.

I say disembowel him and then light him on fire right in the middle of the National Mall.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/14/06 at 7:17 pm

I say disembowel him and then light him on fire right in the middle of the National Mall.

Let's hope that piece of sh1t gets his just desserts.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/14/06 at 9:12 pm

The simple fact is that no matter what Moussaoui, Reid, Johnny Walker, or anybody else says, you will still have people who think it is all some form of conspiracy.

Just as you still have Michael "I am a normal blue collar man" Moore going around saying "There is and never has been a terrorist threat".  No matter what, some people are simply to blinded by ideology and delusions that they refuse to accept the truth.

And BTW, Charlie Manson (and everybody else on death row) was commuted to Live with parole.  At the time, there was no such thing as LWOP.  Old Charlie (and most of his followers) have been eligable for parole since the 1980's, and they have always been denied.  Some may get out someday, but Charlie and Squeaky Fromme will likely die in prison.

Of cours it is a conspiracy. I have said before and I will say again, the scientific observations of the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon do not comport with the official version. For instance, how does a guy who barely knows how to fly a plane descend at 500 miles per hour to six feet off the ground and make a perfect incisive Kamikaze strke at the Pentagon? I mean, this is BS. I'm not saying Moussaoui wasn't part of the conspiracy. I am saying he is just another dupe. Who was behind the attacks? Who really flew those planes? Why has hundreds of tons of physical evidence been disappeared? I don't know...I'm just asking.
Do you expect me to believe the government?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/14/06 at 9:29 pm

I can't believe anyone seriously thinks the US government was behind 9/11.  When I hear people talk like that, I wonder if they're on drugs.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/14/06 at 9:43 pm

I can't believe anyone seriously thinks the US government was behind 9/11.  When I hear people talk like that, I wonder if they're on drugs.

Why is it so hard to believe? Look at the mileage the Republicans have gotten out of 9/11. Look at the political capital it provided them. Look at the amount of fear it isntilled in the American people--enough fear for us to swap civil liberties for surveillance and punishment. Enough fear for us to tolerate the government forking over untold billions to private corporations under the guise of fighting a "war on terror." Fear, my friend, is the great controller. It is worth sacrificing a few thousand American civilians to get that kind of power. I cannot prove the U.S. government was behind 9/11, not to your satisfaction anyway. However, i think people who refuse to believe the (fascist-occupied) U.S. government had no motivation to cause 9/11 are hopelessly naive.

If the U.S. government had no involvement and no foreknowledge of 9/11, they sure knew how to turn the most terrible attack on U.S. soil in modern times to their advantage and awfully quick!
:o

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/14/06 at 9:45 pm

As much as I hate the current administration and think they've done a sh*t job, I don't feel they are capable of knowing that this was going to occur and then sitting idly by to watch it happen.  I don't think that kind of inhumanity exists in our administration.  Bush is an idiot, but he's not a monster.  Not even my Bush-hating self is going to go that far.

Too many people drank the Kool-Aid with that one.

Written By: Tia on 04/15/06 at 8:24 am

I don't feel they are capable of knowing that this was going to occur and then sitting idly by to watch it happen.  I don't think that kind of inhumanity exists in our administration.  Bush is an idiot, but he's not a monster. 
9/11 killed 3000 innocent people. the iraq war has killed, by conservative estimate, 30,000 innocent people. bush is far more of a monster for starting the iraq war than he would have been if he knew about 9/11 and let it happen.

anyway, on a certain level it's not controversial that the government knew about 9/11 and let it happen. one of the PDBs (presidential daily briefs) in august of 2001 totally spelled out the threat of terrorist hijackings. i think it even mentioned the possibility of an attack on the WTC. so they definitely knew something was in the works and didn't do anything about it. the only real question is whether their lack of action was due to incompetence or something more sinister. as maxwell aptly points out, the republicans have gotten inestimable benefit from 9/11.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/10/august6.memo/

the line about "surveillance of buildings in new york" is particularly astonishing.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/30/06 at 1:33 pm

GIVE HIM "THE CHAIR"! JUST AFTER DUMB-YA GETS IT!!! ZA-A-A-A-P!

You know something I honestly think this ******* is gonna get off with a lifetime jail sentence over anything else, maybe that will be greater punishment but just think of the costs to the taxpayer of keeping that creep locked up.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/30/06 at 2:05 pm

I don't think he was in on it to the extent that the government wants us to believe.  I think he is a weird schizo dupe, and the reason he was so aggressively prosecuted was because they need some one to take the willing publics mind off of the fact that they have let osama skate. When he implicated himself with Richard Reid bells and whistles went off that this guy was in a la-la land of his own making.  He isn't innocent, but he isn't a mastermind.  If he is put to death he will become exactly what he wants to be, a heroic martyr.  Giving him life will be psychological castration. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/06 at 11:04 pm

Zac knows he's gonna get it in the neck no matter what, so he might as well have some fun wigging out in court. Remember the serial killer Henry Lee Lucas? He and his retarded lover, Ottis Toole, were notorious serial murderers. Henry Lee Lucas knew he was going away for the rest of his life, so he kept upping the number of people he claimed to have killed. Eventually, he claimed to have killed about 3,000 in the '70s and early '80s. Of course that number is prespammersite, but what did Lucas have to lose? He bargained for time. Instead of vegging in his cell, he got to ride around with the cops to various locations where he thought he might have dumped a body.
;)
"Oops. No body in that culvert. Musta be misrememberin'" And then the cops would buy him a double-cheeseburger, big fries, and a milkshake.
Similar principle at work with Moussaoui. The more he prolongs the courtroom antics, the less time he has to spend as a forgotten shmo rotting away in a federal prison. Believe me, he will be forgotten in no time. How often do they talk about Terry Nichols these days?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/behead.gif

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/03/06 at 10:01 am

Zac knows he's gonna get it in the neck no matter what, so he might as well have some fun wigging out in court. Remember the serial killer Henry Lee Lucas? He and his retarded lover, Ottis Toole, were notorious serial murderers. Henry Lee Lucas knew he was going away for the rest of his life, so he kept upping the number of people he claimed to have killed. Eventually, he claimed to have killed about 3,000 in the '70s and early '80s. Of course that number is prespammersite, but what did Lucas have to lose? He bargained for time. Instead of vegging in his cell, he got to ride around with the cops to various locations where he thought he might have dumped a body.
;)
"Oops. No body in that culvert. Musta be misrememberin'" And then the cops would buy him a double-cheeseburger, big fries, and a milkshake.
Similar principle at work with Moussaoui. The more he prolongs the courtroom antics, the less time he has to spend as a forgotten shmo rotting away in a federal prison. Believe me, he will be forgotten in no time. How often do they talk about Terry Nichols these days?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/behead.gif

Yeah the calculating brains of those mass murdering deviants remains crafty to the bitter end   >:(

Written By: danootaandme on 05/03/06 at 4:03 pm

Life without Parole

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/03/06 at 4:12 pm

Life without Parole

I just heard that too on the radio. Oh well

Check for new replies or respond here...