» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The 25th Anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Reagan.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/30/06 at 7:20 pm

I didn't see anybody post a topic on this March 30th being the silver anniversary of our last assassination attempt on a U.S. president.  I remember it well.
I don't have time at the moment to write about it, but I thought I would just start a thread before the day was over.
Thoughts, anectdotes, opinions on this matter...anyone, anyone?
???

Subject: Re: The 25th Anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Reagan.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 03/31/06 at 2:33 am

25 years since 1981 ... wow.  :o

Subject: Re: The 25th Anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Reagan.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/31/06 at 4:25 am

Shall I get the champagne?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/31/06 at 1:52 pm

Gun control is being able to hit your target.

Written By: Paul on 03/31/06 at 2:03 pm

Mmm...remember it very well...shocking how quarter of a century slips by just like that...

I don't know whether it's rumour or not, but he allegedly said to his surgeons before being operated on, 'I hope you guys are Republicans!'

1981 certainly was 'the year of the gun'...

The Pope was almost slain by a bullet...

Anwar Sadat, the Egyptian President, wasn't so lucky...

...and even HM Liz had blanks shot at her during the Trooping Of The Colour ceremony...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/31/06 at 3:13 pm

Gun control is being able to hit your target.

Just ask D!ck Cheney.

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

Yeah, I remember that day well. I was coming home from school (I was a senior) and my parents met the bus at the stop and told me about it. I also remember the announcement about Jim Brady dying from his wounds and then about 15-20 minutes later, they retracted that.

Cat

Written By: nally on 03/31/06 at 3:18 pm

Let's see...given that I was only 8 months old at the time, I do NOT remember it.

For the record, however, I have known two people who were born on that day. :)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/31/06 at 3:56 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't be born for 6 more years so I dont remember either. They say that it changed Reagan but I'm not so sure about that. I wonder how different things would be if he'd never got shot?

Written By: danootaandme on 03/31/06 at 4:21 pm

I was at work that day and (six degrees of separation) I worked in the "Money Market" where people made investments, and John Hinckleys father was a client of one of the brokers in the office, and was on the phone with Hinckleys father when they announced the name of the shooter.  One half-smart corporate b*tch had made a comment that it was probably someone on welfare who had had their benefits cut, it turns of to be an overprivledged Texas Republican who had had his allowance cut.

Check for new replies or respond here...