» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Should George Bush be Impeached?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/31/06 at 4:13 pm

I'm sure someone's started a thread about this before but I haven't seen one yet. As far as the question i'm not really sure, but for the moment i'd say no mostly because he probably will not be.

Subject: Re: Should George Bush be Impeached?

Written By: Mephistopheles on 03/31/06 at 6:38 pm

Just look on the bottom of the "Current Politics & Religious Topics" page for a similar thread.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/02/06 at 5:07 pm

Ahh.. I see now. It wasn't there when I posted this but I figured someone had started this before. I guess I should have looked harder. :)

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/02/06 at 5:58 pm

Yes, but I'd rather if he wasn't because then we'd be stuck with Dick.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/02/06 at 10:20 pm

Not necessarily.  Clinton was impeached...just found not guilty.  Remember, Impeach means to bring charges not remove from office.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/03/06 at 12:54 am

Technically, Clinton was only impeached by the Senate, not the House (or was it the other way around-my brain's still on vacation ???) ;)

The House hears the articles of impeachment, but in order to remove the president from office, the Senate has to vote affirmatively in a two-thirds majority. The senate cannot introduce articles of impeachment. Senators can propose censure as Russ Feingold is doing. Unfortunately, the censure resolution isn't going to pass, and even if it did pass, articles of impeachment would still have to be drawn up in the House AND pass in both the House and Senate before Bush could get his marching orders.

The problem is the Right in this country is in the twilight of credibility. Everything conservatives have fought for in the past forty years has turned out to be a total dud when put into practice, and the general public is finally catching on. Plus the Iraq war has not brought the Republicans the militaristic glory in which they hoped to bask, it is an enormous turd in their punchbowl! Since 2001 the Republicans have been able to rule with manufactured consent, and the public has been generally docile. What happens when the public resists the manufactured consent? Why, martal law of course! These SOBs aren't going down without a nasty fight!
:o

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/03/06 at 12:29 pm

I wish I would have made this topic "Do you think George Bush will be impeached" because I think that's a more intresting argument. Everyone has there own opinon about whether he should be impeached or not but I think he wont because:

A)at the moment the republicans control congress(even though that may change in Nov.)

B)at the moment most people dont want him to be impeached.

C)as Donnie said Dick Cheney will be the next president.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/03/06 at 8:08 pm

I wish I would have made this topic "Do you think George Bush will be impeached" because I think that's a more intresting argument. Everyone has there own opinon about whether he should be impeached or not but I think he wont because:

A)at the moment the republicans control congress(even though that may change in Nov.)

B)at the moment most people dont want him to be impeached.

C)as Donnie said Dick Cheney will be the next president.

What's worse is Cheney will die of a heart attack, and we'll end up with his VP, who I'm certain will be Dr. Bill "I'm-a-cardiologist-who-can't-read-the-CT scan-of-a-brain-dead-woman" Frist! Quack, quack, quack!
::)

Uh, most people who have a mental age over eight and a semblance of political awareness want Bush impeached on the double. But that isn't "most" most people. Most "most" people don't know there asses from a hole in the ground, sorry to say!

If the Democrats cannot regain at least one chamber in November, the party should be put out its misery like a senile, rheumatoid hound dog!
:P

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/04/06 at 1:42 pm

Uh, most people who have a mental age over eight and a semblance of political awareness want Bush impeached on the double. But that isn't "most" most people. Most "most" people don't know there asses from a hole in the ground, sorry to say!

True. Most polls show that the majority does not want him impeached, but the main ones that want him to stay are the die hard republicans and of course your "soccer moms" and "nascar dads". The average person may in fact want Bush impeached but the polls aren't reflecting this.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/04/06 at 1:54 pm

True. Most polls show that the majority does not want him impeached, but the main ones that want him to stay are the die hard republicans and of course your "soccer moms" and "nascar dads". The average person may in fact want Bush impeached but the polls aren't reflecting this.

Well, I'm a Democrat, not a soccer mom nor a NASCAR dad, and I don't want him impeached.  Why?  Two words:  President Cheney.

I guess that means I have a mental age UNDER eight and no semblance of political awareness. 

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/04/06 at 2:06 pm

[quote author=

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/04/06 at 7:02 pm

Oh I forgot to vote.

Should be. Won't be.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/05/06 at 8:55 am

It's sort of off topic, but what is the origin of the word 'impeached?' Does it have anything to do with peaches at all?

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/05/06 at 11:43 am

I've said before, in my opinion its dangerous for the "average person" to have a set of steak knives. ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 04/09/06 at 4:39 pm

During the Nixon debacle they got rid of the VP first.  That should happen here.  First the d*ck, then the d*ckless.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/09/06 at 4:52 pm

During the Nixon debacle they got rid of the VP first.  That should happen here.  First the d*ck, then the d*ckless.  ;)

Quote of the day and applause.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/10/06 at 12:29 pm

And without uncle Dickie he would be d*ckless, in more ways than one.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/10/06 at 6:01 pm

During the Nixon debacle they got rid of the VP first.  That should happen here.  First the d*ck, then the d*ckless.   ;)

That's a great quote!!

Written By: Satish on 04/14/06 at 7:25 pm

It's sort of off topic, but what is the origin of the word 'impeached?' Does it have anything to do with peaches at all?

Here's a definition of "impeach" with a bit of the etymological background:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=impeach

Written By: bbigd04 on 04/14/06 at 7:42 pm

I'm not sure yet, but with some of this new stuff about them authorizing the CIA leak I'm beginning to lean towards the opinion that these 2 idiots should be impeached.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/15/06 at 6:05 pm

hell yeah impeach!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...