» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: "Scooter" Libby says GW Bush and D Cheney authorized CIA agent disclosure.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/06/06 at 8:12 pm

impeachment, anybody?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cia_leak;_ylt=AmANU8CizMIogq7hWvMZw8us0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Subject: Re: "Scooter" Libby says GW Bush and D Cheney authorized CIA agent disclosure.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/06/06 at 10:46 pm

Holy mackrel! These guys make Bill Clinton look like St. Thomas Aquinas! If they impeached Clinton over lying about a bj, I think they are OBLIGED to impeach Bush for treason!

Let's throw as many of these bums out as we can in November, OK?

Subject: Re: "Scooter" Libby says GW Bush and D Cheney authorized CIA agent disclosure.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/06/06 at 10:47 pm

Watch him squirm out of it like always. The Teflon B@stard I say! :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/07/06 at 1:09 pm

I'm sure when Bush was under oath and asked if he knew who authorized the leak, he didn't say it was himself.

That would be perjury folks.  The "but Clinton...." excuse the neocons love to trot out is now officially moot.

Releasing confidential information to smear your opponent, is very Nixonian of Bush.  Though Nixon didn't lie under oath and release confidential information.  Imagine, Nixon looks like less of a criminal than Bush.

Written By: Tia on 04/07/06 at 1:55 pm

the logic the press secretary used in talking about this was basically, look, the president has more authority than others to disclose information, and bush would never disclose anything that would endanger national securty. so therefore, if bush ever leaks information, it's not a leak, because bush is the one who did it.

Written By: Mushroom on 04/07/06 at 2:57 pm

I'm sure when Bush was under oath and asked if he knew who authorized the leak, he didn't say it was himself.

When was he under oath?  Was he involved in some sort of super-secret Grand Jury that nobody ever knew about?

Simple fact: he was never under oath, so there is no Perjury involved.

And if you look back, I stated long ago that I thought that the leak was authorized.  Leaks are the most common source of news from inside the beltway.

Written By: Tia on 04/07/06 at 3:04 pm

When was he under oath?  Was he involved in some sort of super-secret Grand Jury that nobody ever knew about?

And if you look back, I stated long ago that I thought that the leak was authorized.  Leaks are the most common source of news from inside the beltway.
didn't they put him under oath when he talked to the special prosecutor? i thought they had but i'm not positive.

anyway, if he lied to a special prosecutor about a point salient to the investigation, that's obstruction of justice.

in any case, my guess is he'll get off. although it's possible we'll see some flap if the dems take over one of the houses of congress this year, as seems likely. but the republicans will never hold bush accountable; it'll be a cold day in hades.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/07/06 at 3:24 pm

So what? There's a difference between leaking criticism and leaking the identity of an intelligence agent, possibly putting her and her family in danger and outright disregarding national security(which he claims to hold in such high importance).

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/07/06 at 6:30 pm

Simple Fact: he was under oath.

He talked to the Special Prosecuter for 70 minutes under oath.  If he lied, it's perjury.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/08/06 at 3:12 pm

You have to tell the truth when you are under oath...but you shouldn't have to be under oath to tell the truth.
Dubya brings to mind Harry Truman's description of Dick Nixon:
"A shifty-eyed g*ddam liar who talks out of both sides of his mouth and lies out of both of them."
::)

Written By: STAR70 on 04/09/06 at 3:09 pm

Treason is a Bush family tradition!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/06 at 3:11 pm

Treason is a Bush family tradition!!!

That's why I call them "the Bush crime family." We need to send the lot of them to play volleyball with the Romanovs!
;)

Written By: STAR70 on 04/09/06 at 3:40 pm

That's why I call them "the Bush crime family." We need to send the lot of them to play volleyball with the Romanovs!
;)

;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/10/06 at 8:09 am

You have to tell the truth when you are under oath...but you shouldn't have to be under oath to tell the truth.
Dubya brings to mind Harry Truman's description of Dick Nixon:
"A shifty-eyed g*ddam liar who talks out of both sides of his mouth and lies out of both of them."
::)

Funny how the neocons are still spouting the old "let's not rush to judgement" crap too.  Bush stated to the American people he didn't know who was responsible but would fire the person responsible.  He lied under oath, and he lied at press conferences. 

This is the same crap Clinton was caught doing, the difference of course that Clinton was trying to cover his personal life, and Bush was trying to cover his dirty politics and abuse of power.  Yet, the neocons are more than happy to give him a pass on this too.  Worse, the Republicans in Congress are happy to look the other way.  The most we're getting from them, is he "should speak openly about it".  ie. He should stop lying about it, and they'll forgive him.  Didn't work for Clinton, but that's the difference.  Clinton wasn't a Republican.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/11/06 at 1:47 pm

;)

how 'bout bowling?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/11/06 at 4:31 pm

Funny how the neocons are still spouting the old "let's not rush to judgement" crap too.  Bush stated to the American people he didn't know who was responsible but would fire the person responsible.  He lied under oath, and he lied at press conferences. 

This is the same crap Clinton was caught doing, the difference of course that Clinton was trying to cover his personal life, and Bush was trying to cover his dirty politics and abuse of power.  Yet, the neocons are more than happy to give him a pass on this too.  Worse, the Republicans in Congress are happy to look the other way.  The most we're getting from them, is he "should speak openly about it".  ie. He should stop lying about it, and they'll forgive him.  Didn't work for Clinton, but that's the difference.  Clinton wasn't a Republican.

For a moment there even hardcore neocons were raking Bush over the coals. For instance, William Kristol excoriated Bush over his mis-handling of the war. Now that it looks like Bush is in REAL trouble, and the Repugs might not hang onto power no matter how much they cheat, Kristol is back to blaming the media and blaming the prosecuters. If the Republicans lose power it just might mean higher taxes for the rich...and that's even worse than an atomic armageddon!
:o

Written By: Tia on 04/11/06 at 5:08 pm

For a moment there even hardcore neocons were raking Bush over the coals. For instance, William Kristol excoriated Bush over his mis-handling of the war. Now that it looks like Bush is in REAL trouble, and the Repugs might not hang onto power no matter how much they cheat, Kristol is back to blaming the media and blaming the prosecuters. If the Republicans lose power it just might mean higher taxes for the rich...and that's even worse than an atomic armageddon!
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/bush/afterneo.htm

I think francis fukayama's recent transformation (I think that's his name, the end-of-history guy?) has been real interesting.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/13/06 at 7:45 pm

it would be ironic if dumb-ya were found guilty of treason and given THE CHAIR!!! ZAP!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/14/06 at 12:22 am

it would be ironic if dumb-ya were found guilty of treason and given THE CHAIR!!! ZAP!

Nooooo...not the chair! I don't believe in capital punishment. I think for his punishment Dubya should have to spend the rest of his life as John Kerry's manservant!
"Now, Dubya, I told you to put two coats of wax on my Bentley."
"Gosh, I coulda sworn you said only one, Mistah Kerry!"
"Now, George.."
"Yessir, Mistah Kerry, I'll get right to it, sure will, I, I'll do that second coat right away, Mistah Kerry!"
"Those Bush boys, always trying to get away with something!
Theresa, Luvvy, please make sure Jeb mows the east lawn correctly. Last week he did a tic-tac-toe job, and spent the rest of the afternoon drinking PBR in the hammock!"
:D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/14/06 at 1:52 pm

Nooooo...not the chair! I don't believe in capital punishment. I think for his punishment Dubya should have to spend the rest of his life as John Kerry's manservant!
"Now, Dubya, I told you to put two coats of wax on my Bentley."
"Gosh, I coulda sworn you said only one, Mistah Kerry!"
"Now, George.."
"Yessir, Mistah Kerry, I'll get right to it, sure will, I, I'll do that second coat right away, Mistah Kerry!"
"Those Bush boys, always trying to get away with something!
Theresa, Luvvy, please make sure Jeb mows the east lawn correctly. Last week he did a tic-tac-toe job, and spent the rest of the afternoon drinking PBR in the hammock!"
:D

No, I think he should spend the rest of his life behind bars being "Baba"'s b!tch.

Cat

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/14/06 at 6:27 pm

;)
Hey, how about sending them to a bocce match with Tony Soprano and the Family!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/14/06 at 6:32 pm

No, I think he should spend the rest of his life behind bars being "Baba"'s b!tch.

Cat
I say put him in the same jail cell with Saddam Hussein....Bush the Second would be Saddam's prison wife and wash his soiled 'tightie whities'!

Written By: Tia on 04/14/06 at 7:52 pm

i still say that jenna bush should be sent to walk point on scout missions in iraq for dubya's sins. sorta guilt by association. i'm convinced she'd go out there and come back badass, biggest war hero since audie murphy.

it'd make a great movie. picture a beefy jenna bush with a 50-cal BAR in each arm, like rambo, with broadly caricatured al qaeda flunkies falling in clouds of red mist to the left and right of her. that would be money! money! who would play jenna in "From Here to Tall Afar"?

Written By: STAR70 on 04/15/06 at 4:54 pm

i still say that jenna bush should be sent to walk point on scout missions in iraq for dubya's sins. sorta guilt by association. i'm convinced she'd go out there and come back badass, biggest war hero since audie murphy.

it'd make a great movie. picture a beefy jenna bush with a 50-cal BAR in each arm, like rambo, with broadly caricatured al qaeda flunkies falling in clouds of red mist to the left and right of her. that would be money! money! who would play jenna in "From Here to Tall Afar"?

Jenna prob. hates him more than anyone else on the face of the earth.

GIVE DUMB-YA THE CHAIR! ZA-A-A-A-A-AP!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/15/06 at 6:01 pm

If you really want justice, I say send him to Iraq without proper armor just like he has been sending many men and women.

Cat

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/15/06 at 10:07 pm

How to pay back Dumbya for all the s*it he's gotten America into....Tie him to a Delta rocket and send him into space sans spacesuit, he could float along up there with all those asteroids and all the space junk and old useless satellites!

Written By: STAR70 on 04/17/06 at 5:59 pm

let Bubba have him!

Check for new replies or respond here...