» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Anyone ever been abducted by ETs?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/10/06 at 4:23 pm

Have you ever been abducted/seen an ET in your room?

Subject: Re: Anyone ever been abducted by ETs?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/10/06 at 5:44 pm

I have seen the film E.T., does that count?  ::)  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/10/06 at 5:46 pm

Are you kidding?  I saw an alien last night.  He came to me as I slept and told me that Donnie Darko would be starting a thread like this, and that I was to tell him that the Alien thinks he needs to put that pipe away ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/10/06 at 5:47 pm

;D

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/10/06 at 7:36 pm

I was once visited by Joan Rivers dressed as an alien, Spanish Mission-style, and we played scrabble in her bat cave. Does that count?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/10/06 at 7:44 pm

I can't be abducted by something that doesn't exist.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/10/06 at 8:47 pm

Not that I know of, but it's possible!

Now, I briefly dated a woman who was X-Files city. Over the course of a few deep conversations, she revealed with solemnity that she not only had been visited by extraterrestrials, but she had been abducted several times since the age of nine.  Furthemore:

a. Extraterrestrials of the "Grey" variety had visited her home throughout her life, sometimes entering through her bedroom closet.
b. Extraterrestrials descended upon her home to visit her brother, who himself was an extraterrestrial.
c. Extraterrestrials abducted her and flew her into outer space where they performed experiments on her.
d. On one such mission the aliens gave her a unilateral tubal ligation, but she did manage to bear a son fertilized in the other ovary. He is terrestrial human as was her ex-husband.
e. Her extraterrestrial brother joined the military at the age of 21 and she has not seen him since. As one of the extraterrestrials working for the military, he is sequestered in a super-secret intelligence program. Neither the military nor the U.S. government will confirm his whereabouts, or even acknowledge his existence.

The funny thing is, when you hear people talking about such experiences on "Coast-to-Coast a.m.," you think they are a bunch of nutjobs. However, when an intimate friend talks of extraterrestrial encounters in a sincere and matter-of-fact manner, the feeling is eerie. It is not that I believed what Sharon was telling me was a fact, but that Sharon believed with all her heart that it was fact. So instead of saying, "Hey lady, you need help!," I asked her more and more questions about this other world of extraterrestrials that she knew and I did not. I found myself between belief and disbelief, the "Twilight Zone," if you will.

I hesitate to mention the other factor. Sharon was African-American. I always thought of alien abductions as "crazy white people sh!t."  Although Sharon had a history of psychiatric issues, including a stint of several months in the notorious Pilgrim State Hospital on Long Island, she was not delusional in general. Her psychiatric history was for depression and suicide ideation, but not delusional thinking. By the time I knew her, she was a very grounded and responsible person with a full-time job and a seven year old son she took excellent care of. She was not otherwise paranoid. She did not walk around with a "tinfoil hat." She merely had elaborate stories of a lifelong relationship with extraterrestrials. My relationship with Sharon died quickly for other reasons, but I'm left with some of the most bizarre stories I have ever heard in my life!
:o

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/10/06 at 9:31 pm

That's really interesting Max.  You're right; UFOs are a "white trash" phoenomenon for the most part; most black people would not admit to experiencing such things.

I have to say, I'm surprised at how skeptical a lot of the Left is about UFOs; it almost seems like more of a hick/military Republican thing, plus the hippies.

Written By: KKay on 04/10/06 at 9:56 pm

OK...here is my story.

I went to bed. I had a strange nightmare.
then I woke up, as if someone had woken me, on top of my bed as if it were jsut made, but across it- not long ways like you normally sleep. 

I could have been sleepwalking.

But it freaked me out. 

I have no opinion as to what happened.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 11:28 pm

OK...here is my story.

I went to bed. I had a strange nightmare.
then I woke up, as if someone had woken me, on top of my bed as if it were jsut made, but across it- not long ways like you normally sleep. 

I could have been sleepwalking.

But it freaked me out. 

I have no opinion as to what happened.

I had that happen once, but not the exact same thing. I went to sleep one night in my bedroom like normally and woke up the next morning on the couch, and I DEFINITELY didn't have any memory of moving.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/10/06 at 11:33 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/10/06 at 11:33 pm

I find it odd how people will imply the idea of aliens is nuts, to be thought of as something like believing the Earth is flat.  In a Universe with literally BILLIONS of planets, 99% of which we know nothing about, its illogical to think theres another intelligent civilization, and perhaps at least one advanced enough for intergalactic travel?

Yet the idea of a corpreal creator being is perfectly acceptable in our society.  Right.

I agree. 

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/11/06 at 12:12 am

I find it odd how people will imply the idea of aliens is nuts, to be thought of as something like believing the Earth is flat.  In a Universe with literally BILLIONS of planets, 99% of which we know nothing about, its illogical to think theres another intelligent civilization, and perhaps at least one advanced enough for intergalactic travel?

Yet the idea of a corpreal creator being is perfectly acceptable in our society.  Right.

I'm the kind of person that can't believe in something I can't see.  I'm strange like that, I guess.  I've seen no proof aliens and ghosts and goblins exist, so I just can't believe they are real.

Now, if other people believe in them, and think they exist, that's great.  You obviously have something in you that I don't that allows you to see the possibility of it. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/11/06 at 12:25 am

[quote author=

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/11/06 at 12:47 am

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/11/06 at 12:50 am

So you're saying you think it's possible, you're just not convinced?

I didn't get that from her post at all.

Maybe shes just talking about abductions, and not the existence of extra terrestrials?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/11/06 at 12:51 am

So you're saying you think it's possible, you're just not convinced?

I need tangible proof for me to say, "Okay, aliens exist".  Give me pictures, give me something.  Without that, no....I'm not convinced.  I've always been like that.  It's part of the reason I'm not religious.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/11/06 at 12:53 am

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/11/06 at 12:53 am

Okay.  But, you think it's possible ETs exist, right?  Because after all, absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence.  Not believing in something is a belief too, if you believe it doesn't exist for sure.

Oh god I've gone crosseyed.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/11/06 at 12:54 am

Okay.  But, you think it's possible ETs exist, right? 

I don't know.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/11/06 at 1:02 am

Sis M, don't you think considering how many planets there are, how little we know about most of them, and the chances involved(there are only 9 planets in our solar system- yet theres one with life, and we only know of less than a hundred planets outside our solar system so including those the chances infavor of life on other planets is STILL quite high), that its possible?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 04/11/06 at 1:06 am

Sis M, don't you think considering how many planets there are, how little we know about most of them, and the chances involved(there are only 9 planets in our solar system- yet theres one with life, and we only know of less than a hundred planets outside our solar system so including those the chances infavor of life on other planets is STILL quite high), that its possible?

We're not talking about life.  We're talking about little green men in spaceships.  The topic of this thread is whether or not anyone has been abducted by aliens.  I said no, as I don't believe aliens exist.

I've seen numerous documentaries and read tons of articles about how there is water on other planets, some vegetation, some suggestions that before the earth was created, other planets were able to support life.  However, was that "life", Marvin the Martian?  I think not.  I don't know what was around before the earth and humans came to existence, but I haven't seen any kind of evidence supporting the idea that aliens were walking around and floating in the cosmos.

Written By: KKay on 04/11/06 at 9:39 am

I don't believe they are there.  I believe this planet and what's on it resulted from lighting striking a pool of gunk and amino acid....and until I get proof of something else, i'll stick with that...
I'm not spiritual.  I think the evidence of life elsewhere (or that they were here before us) is persuasive- however, it is a concept that scares me so much I'd rather not think about it.  If it's true I hope it's discovered after my lifetime.

Written By: CeeKay on 04/12/06 at 1:35 am

Once I was babysitting my cousin.  I went upstairs to check on the baby who was crying.  next thing I know, I'm sitting at the bottom of the stairs and it's half an hour later.  To this day I have no idea what happened.  But I have teased that I must have been abducted by aliens.  Either that or I had an extra personality in those days.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/12/06 at 10:25 am

I haven't been, but I constantly fantacize about it. Mainly to see the weird alien cultures, alien worlds...sometimes I think I wouldn't mind if I never returned, and lived as some kind of freakish god-like figure worshipped for the aliens because I lacked something they lacked...

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/12/06 at 2:39 pm

One thing I would never fantasize about is f*cking an alien. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/12/06 at 2:39 pm

One thing I would never fantasize about is f*cking an alien. Just doesn't appeal to me.

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...