» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bush knew, common refrain, that bio-weapon trailers weren't used for bioweapons

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/12/06 at 8:07 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/11/AR2006041101888.html

I've seen these two trailers cited as "proof" of bioweapons in sooo many links to Fox News, yet it was clear Bush was told days before he released info about them, that he was told they weren't used in the development of biological weapons.

I'm sure Fox News will run that as a top story (like they did the initial report of their "discovery").  Right?

Subject: Re: Bush knew, common refrain, that bio-weapon trailers weren't used for bioweapons

Written By: Mushroom on 04/12/06 at 10:41 am

I have said this before, and I will say this again.

The problems with the intelligence gathered before the gulf war is that we knew what Saddam knew.  The leaks where we were getting our intelligence were from Saddam's inner circle.  And all of his Generals and "Chemical Weapons Experts" were telling him that he had the weapons, and that they were being made in various locations.

If you remember the statements of some of the people captured that were involved in this, they admitted to basically lying to Saddam.  They did this because if you told him what he did not want to hear, he would have you executed.  Several of his Generals even admitted telling him that chemical attacks had been carried out, even though there were no weapons to attack with.

And this is not the first time in history that a national leader was mislead by his own generals and experts.  Look at a lot of the things Hitler did in the ending months of the war.  He was moving around imagionary troops, and making attacks with imaginary aircraft and tanks.  His Field Marshals would tell him anything, if it spared them from his wrath.

From everything I have seen and heard, this Intelligence came from the Brittish, and was from a source so high in the Iraqi command structure that they were sure it was factual.  The thing nobody thought of was the fact that the information was all a sham to keep Saddam happy.

Subject: Re: Bush knew, common refrain, that bio-weapon trailers weren't used for bioweap

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/12/06 at 11:59 am

The problems with the intelligence gathered before the gulf war is that we knew what Saddam knew.  The leaks where we were getting our intelligence were from Saddam's inner circle.  And all of his Generals and "Chemical Weapons Experts" were telling him that he had the weapons, and that they were being made in various locations.

If you remember the statements of some of the people captured that were involved in this, they admitted to basically lying to Saddam.  They did this because if you told him what he did not want to hear, he would have you executed.  Several of his Generals even admitted telling him that chemical attacks had been carried out, even though there were no weapons to attack with.

And this is not the first time in history that a national leader was mislead by his own generals and experts.  Look at a lot of the things Hitler did in the ending months of the war.  He was moving around imagionary troops, and making attacks with imaginary aircraft and tanks.  His Field Marshals would tell him anything, if it spared them from his wrath.

From everything I have seen and heard, this Intelligence came from the Brittish, and was from a source so high in the Iraqi command structure that they were sure it was factual.  The thing nobody thought of was the fact that the information was all a sham to keep Saddam happy.

Sorry, but you're confusing this with something else.  This refers to the trailers discovered AFTER the invasion, not before.  These are the trailers two months after the invasion, Bush crowed about as "PROOF" even after 10 experts reported it was proof of nothing. These are the same trailers that the Republicans used as "PROOF" for a YEAR after the invasion, and evidence that he couldn't hide all his misdeeds.

As to the evidence leading up to the war, well, the Bush administration did the same thing Hitler's did by your explanation.  If you provided evidence that didn't fit the preconceved notion for war, your career was over.  Ask Valerie Plume. Ask the several generals who were either forced into early retirement or removed from the invasion plans.

Subject: Re: Bush knew, common refrain, that bio-weapon trailers weren't used for bioweap

Written By: STAR70 on 04/13/06 at 7:50 pm

Sorry, but you're confusing this with something else.  This refers to the trailers discovered AFTER the invasion, not before.  These are the trailers two months after the invasion, Bush crowed about as "PROOF" even after 10 experts reported it was proof of nothing. These are the same trailers that the Republicans used as "PROOF" for a YEAR after the invasion, and evidence that he couldn't hide all his misdeeds.

yes, the so-called "hell on wheels" trailers-- they were used for weather balloons.

Subject: Re: Bush knew, common refrain, that bio-weapon trailers weren't used for bioweapons

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/14/06 at 12:11 am

Now, Mushroom, you'd better pace yourself if you want to make it through the '08 election. The job of "Bush Apologist" is going to get harder and harder and harder, and you may find yourself too fatigued and winded to even last until this November!

I think the Trailers of Mass Destruction were abandoned falafel stands. Have you ever caught a whiff of a hundred pounds of hummus rotting in the sun? You'd beg for just a breath of mustard gas...
:D

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/15/06 at 1:20 pm

Aren't these the same trailers Colin Powel refered to at the UN?  It was bull dung then and its bull dung now. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/06 at 8:29 am

Aren't these the same trailers Colin Powel refered to at the UN?  It was bull dung then and its bull dung now. 

yup, and the same ones Fox News and all the Bush apologists used to counter the "but we didn't find bio weapons" complaint.

Bush knew before the war that there wasn't any hard evidence but "KNEW" Saddam was guilty, so he smeared the people who pointed out holes in the evidence.

After the invasion, when looking for "evidence", he didn't hesitate to use any scrap, no matter how small, to try and boost his view points.  The trailers were the best he could offer, and yet before he even mentioned it publicly, was told by experts it wasn't used for bio weapons.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/17/06 at 5:52 pm

almost everything Powell said that day was bull crap.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/18/06 at 3:30 pm

almost everything Powell said that day was bull crap.

And he knew it as he was saying it.

Cat

Written By: STAR70 on 04/18/06 at 5:05 pm

And he knew it as he was saying it.

Cat

the only true statement Powell said that day is "My name is Collin Powell."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/18/06 at 7:04 pm

the only true statement Powell said that day is "My name is Collin Powell."

Colon Polyps

Written By: STAR70 on 04/21/06 at 3:43 pm

Colon Polyps

e-e-e-e-e-ewwwww!!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/21/06 at 5:19 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060421/pl_nm/iraq_intelligence_cia_dc_1

The plot thickens.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/21/06 at 7:32 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060421/pl_nm/iraq_intelligence_cia_dc_1

The plot thickens.

Cat

"We said: 'Well, what about the intel?' And they said: 'Well, this isn't about intel anymore. This is about regime change'," added Drumheller, whose CIA operation was assigned the task of debriefing the Iraqi official.

Well, no sh!t Sherlock! Scott Ritter told everybody the same thing in the winter of '03, but did the American sheeple listen? Noooo sirreee Bob! They were too busy howling "Let's get Saddam 'coz he attacked us on 9/11!"
::)
BTW, Drumheller's a dead man.  Wait'll Uncle Karl gets through with him!
:o

e-e-e-e-e-ewwwww!!!!!

Wot? Colon polyps? Better learn to like 'em, they might move into your azz someday!
:P

Check for new replies or respond here...