» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Geman Cat Saves Baby.

Written By: Tia on 04/15/06 at 8:16 am

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060415/ts_nm/germany_cat_dc;_ylt=ApK.fjHQFvDsirsHfFrUOEdZ.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

"BERLIN (Reuters) - A cat saved the life of a newborn baby abandoned on the doorstep of a Cologne house in the middle of the night by meowing loudly until someone woke up, a police spokesman said on Saturday."

there's hardly ever good news. anybody else ever notice that?

Subject: Re: Geman Cat Saves Baby.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/15/06 at 9:17 am

Interesting story.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/15/06 at 6:01 pm

German cats are a German chick thing

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/15/06 at 7:27 pm

Great story about a great kitty, thanks for posting it.

Written By: Apricot on 04/15/06 at 8:35 pm

Wow, what a great cat.

Written By: SamLoomis on 04/15/06 at 9:44 pm

I myself watch a lot of television. Always have, always will.  I love hearing stories about animals saving the lives of people.  Many believe animals do not have souls.  No feelings, no emotion, no heart.  May they believe as they want and may  I believe as I want.  I say they do, proof of what I see goes far beyond proof of what I hear. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/15/06 at 9:46 pm

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/16/06 at 1:10 am

Italian mobster shoots a lobster!
:D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/16/06 at 9:33 pm

German cats are a German chick thing
Oh well....as I said before, NASCAR's Matt Kenseth, who's hetero(he's married and has a son) has a cat. So does Dale Earnhardt Jr. and another hetero guy, Kevin Harvick(who's married to a gal named Delana).....so there.

Ernest Hemingway had cats....

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/16/06 at 9:37 pm

That cat is certainly a hero. No matter what certain people on this board think, both men and women like cats.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/16/06 at 11:44 pm

Bunches of them actually!

One day when I get my own place I'll have my own cat(I'd like a British blue) and I think I'll name him Smog. 8)

Written By: KKay on 04/17/06 at 11:34 am

German cats are genetically engineered that way.

Written By: Tia on 04/17/06 at 11:53 am

i had a weird dream last night about ladies in apartment high-rises who left their cats out on little baskets on their 12th floor windowsills. i was all, well, i know that's the fad but it seems kinda mean to the cat. i remember this pitiful little cat swaying around in a tiny basket a hundred feet off the ground! so pitiful. must be a fusion of the german cat story sticking in my mind and that "harsh" picture with the harshed out cat.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/17/06 at 5:50 pm

Oh well....as I said before, NASCAR's Matt Kenseth, who's hetero(he's married and has a son) has a cat. So does Dale Earnhardt Jr. and another hetero guy, Kevin Harvick(who's married to a gal named Delana).....so there.

...and sometimes Man bites Dog!!! :D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 04/17/06 at 5:57 pm

i had a weird dream last night about ladies in apartment high-rises who left their cats out on little baskets on their 12th floor windowsills. i was all, well, i know that's the fad but it seems kinda mean to the cat. i remember this pitiful little cat swaying around in a tiny basket a hundred feet off the ground! so pitiful. must be a fusion of the german cat story sticking in my mind and that "harsh" picture with the harshed out cat.

This is for Tia for posting this thread and also cos' I know he loves this character 

http://www.everwonder.com/david/felixthecat/

Written By: STAR70 on 04/18/06 at 5:03 pm

meow!

Written By: Tia on 04/18/06 at 5:15 pm

On the other side, there was a story today about a baby who'd been abandoned next to a pond and found dead, wasn't but a few hours old. And they had no idea whose it was so the police gave her a name and had a funeral for her. "Maria Grace Daniels."

How depressing is that? I was getting bummed on the bus riding in to work; it never pays to read the Metro section.

it was nice of the police to do that, though, 25 people went, mostly police officers. they're PG county cops, kinda got a rep around here as the local Bad Cops, so it's doubly cool and surprising they'd do something like that.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/21/06 at 3:42 pm

On the other side, there was a story today about a baby who'd been abandoned next to a pond and found dead, wasn't but a few hours old. And they had no idea whose it was so the police gave her a name and had a funeral for her. "Maria Grace Daniels."

How depressing is that?

the same thing happened here, but the mom got busted

Written By: Tia on 04/21/06 at 3:50 pm

the same thing happened here, but the mom got busted
Did the police give her a name and a funeral? That's the part that gets me all mushy.

Duh. Dumb question. I guess if they found the mother they wouldn't have had to give her a name.

They say they probably won't ever catch the mother here.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/21/06 at 4:06 pm

Did the police give her a name and a funeral? That's the part that gets me all mushy.

Duh. Dumb question. I guess if they found the mother they wouldn't have had to give her a name.

They say they probably won't ever catch the mother here.

the baby's cadaver was found 3 days ago so plans are not yet set, but the authorites usually take care of the arrangements. the mom will be charged with murder

Written By: La Roche on 04/22/06 at 11:14 pm

All members of the Aryan feline family are engineered that way.

It all traces back to the Frankfurt experiments.

Aryan and non - Aryan cats were pitted against each other in a series of challenges, including, climbing, scratching, making foul smells and being in the way. The aryan cats were victorious.

http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/18776923/401148

Written By: KKay on 04/23/06 at 9:38 am

All members of the Aryan feline family are engineered that way.

It all traces back to the Frankfurt experiments.

Aryan and non - Aryan cats were pitted against each other in a series of challenges, including, climbing, scratching, making foul smells and being in the way. The aryan cats were victorious.

http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/18776923/401148

You know, that's one trait that was passed down from my ancestors which I am continuallly grateful for..."being in the way"...and 'scratching"..
Thanks, great-uncle Heinrich!

Written By: La Roche on 04/23/06 at 12:10 pm

You know, that's one trait that was passed down from my ancestors which I am continuallly grateful for..."being in the way"...and 'scratching"..
Thanks, great-uncle Heinrich!

I'm still in charge of foul smells right?

Written By: KKay on 04/24/06 at 8:38 am

I'm still in charge of foul smells right?

You know, whether you want to be or not.

Check for new replies or respond here...