» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Jesus Camp--American Jihad?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/06 at 10:12 am

http://lokifilms.com/site/jesuscamp.html

This new documentary exposes the "Kids on Fire" camp in Devil's Lake, ND. Never mind the irony of "Devil's Lake," Pastor Becky Fisher is teaching youth sent to this so-called Christian camp to prepare to DIE FOR JESUS, I mean literally. I have heard clips from the film in which Pastor Fisher rattles on about how the Muslims have schools in their countries in which they are teaching their children how to kill and die for Islam, so she wants Christian children to learn to do the same. The obvious implication is a Armageddon-to-come between Christianity and Islam.

In the Muslim world, teaching children to become suicide bombers is an aberration, and is more politically than religiously motivated.  Commentator Mike Papantonio (of Air America's "Ring of Fire" program) seems expressed a similar opinion about "Kids on Fire" after seeing the "Jesus Camp" documentary. He said this is not a Jesus movement, but a George Bush and Karl Rove movement. It is a mean-spirited Republican Party device in which kids are being taught to hate and destroy "Liberalism," and that Darwin is the work of the devil. Some of these kids are as young as five years old.

Who would Jesus hate?
Who would Jesus kill?
Who would Jesus bomb?
Is this absurd? Of course it is!

The question is, can we expect more "Kids on Fire" type horrors as the Republican party's trashy corporatist, pseudo-Christian agenda hits the skids in the next couple of years?
:o ???

Subject: Re: Jesus Camp--American Jihad?

Written By: Class of 84 on 04/28/06 at 8:38 pm

No, you shouldn't.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 04/28/06 at 8:52 pm

Sounds a lot like Ms. Fisher is trying to indoctrinate kids to become future right-wing patriot militia members...

This is not gonna be real successful, IMO. Not all kids are that stupid.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/06 at 10:47 pm

Sounds a lot like Ms. Fisher is trying to indoctrinate kids to become future right-wing patriot militia members...

I agree. I think--I hope--this is just the extreme tip of the aberrant rightwing. The conservative movement is in its death throes. So rightwingers are getting even MORE hateful, angry, and desperate. Anybody who has a net worth of less than a million has nothing to gain from the Right anymore. All the ideas Reagan brought to the table have been a disaster. Make no mistake, this conservative movement is going to die and die of its own excesses. The trouble people like Pastor Fisher have been so indoctrinated to bind themselves with the economic Right and despise anything the Right calls "liberal," they now feel like they have nowhere to go. They're like cornered rats!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smhair2.gif

The trouble with the indoctrination is the age of the kids. If you are talking about teenagers, yes, I agree, I would not worry so much. Kids under the age of seven or eight or EXTREMELY malleable. They used to call the age seven "the age of reason" for a good reason...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/29/06 at 12:32 am

This sounds scary in so many ways....  ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/29/06 at 3:28 pm

No, you shouldn't.

No we should not because why?  Please elaborate on your answer a bit more.

Written By: STAR70 on 04/29/06 at 3:32 pm

i.e. the Michigan Militia

Check for new replies or respond here...