» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Another Republican scandal? "Liberal rag" Wall Street Journal reports...

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/28/06 at 10:25 am

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB114610728002837324-FnHaEYAFT_b7QFGwPxnAIiEcHEI_20060527.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top

yes, I'm kidding about the WSJ being liberal...

The usual excuse is "but I'm sure it's not just Republicans."    However, with the Republican party in control of all branches, I have no idea why anyone would bother to bribe a Democrat.

Personally, I think the Abramoff scandal is far worse, but since a bunch of moral crusaders are now likely to be found to be accepting sex in exchange for votes, I'm sure the press will have no problems focusing on this one instead.

Subject: Re: Another Republican scandal? "Liberal rag" Wall Street Journal reports...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/06 at 10:56 am

Randy "Duke" Cunningham picking up a hooker? Whatta surprise! Whoda thunk it?
Pretty stupid to take the evening's entertainment to a public hotel--no matter how exclusive--rather than a private residence, but that's the problem crooks have, they don't think they're going to get caught!

The litmus test of an effective politician should be whether he picked up the tab for the broads, or a bribe-maker picked up the tab! Of course sex-for-hire is rampant in the capital. This is nothing new. How do you think Jeff Gannon got his White House press credentials? That's what they should be asking Karl Rove!

I'm not saying it's right, but look at it this way, if a congressman has his pants off, he can't pocket any loot!
:D

Subject: Re: Another Republican scandal? "Liberal rag" Wall Street Journal reports...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/06 at 1:08 pm

Can't see the article because you have "subscribe" and I'm not going to. If anyone wants to tell me the "highlights" that would be great. Thanks.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/06 at 1:16 pm

The link brought me right to the article. I wonder why it's telling you you have to subscribe?
???

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/28/06 at 2:05 pm

Can't see the article because you have "subscribe" and I'm not going to. If anyone wants to tell me the "highlights" that would be great. Thanks.
Cat

check out bugmenot.com for account/passwords

or this blog has a decent rundown

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/4/28/94455/5569

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/06 at 2:35 pm

check out bugmenot.com for account/passwords

or this blog has a decent rundown

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/4/28/94455/5569

Thanks.  We all know how sex is the biggest crime that can be committed.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...