» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Limbaugh gets off the hook in Palm Beach

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/06 at 7:03 pm

http://www.channel3000.com/news/9079501/detail.html

You will see the news Rush Limbaugh turned himself to the Palm Beach County sheriff's dept. for arrest and booking on a single dope charge. Limbaugh-haters will be tempted to give three cheers. Not so fast. Rush and his lawyer cut a sweet deal. All Rush has to do is "stay clean" for 18 months and the whole thing will just disappear in a poof! No criminal record, no arrest record, no nothing! Oh, it helps if you can pay $30,000 in court costs out of pocket on the spot.
As we all know, "stay clean" on probation just means "don't get caught."

I got busted for possession of marijuana when I was nineteen and received six months probation. I didn't quit, all I did was not get caught again! I quit a couple of years later for health reasons. The funny thing is, MY record was supposed to be "sealed" provided I never got arrested on another drug charge. However, when I got arrested for driving on a revoked license last month, the cop brought it up. I told him I had never been arrested before. He said, "What about this possession charge?" I said, "That was...1988!" He dropped the subject.
I was not technically arrested at that time. I was summonsed to appear in court on the charge, but I was not cuffed and booked. If I had been, I would have told the cop I had been arrested.

Anyway, Rush won't face any such trouble. I have a feeling a bit more cash than thirty grand for court costs is changing hands down in Palm Beach!!!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smokin.gif

Subject: Re: Limbaugh gets off the hook in Palm Beach

Written By: danootaandme on 04/29/06 at 6:37 am

We knew this would happen, didn't we?  He is a wealthy, white, conservative mouthpiece, and he said he
was sorry, isn't that enough?  It isn't like he is like those drug addicts he talks about, is he?  ???

Written By: STAR70 on 04/29/06 at 3:33 pm

curses!!! foiled again!!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/29/06 at 6:18 pm

We knew this would happen, didn't we?  He is a wealthy, white, conservative mouthpiece, and he said he
was sorry, isn't that enough?  It isn't like he is like those drug addicts he talks about, is he?   ???

As my man Lionel the talk show host was pointing out last night, Limbaugh won't even have the stones to say he was wrong. You won't hear this guy get behind his gold-plated microphone and say, "You know, I used to think we should just lock up drug abusers and throw away the key. Now that I found out how easy it is to become one, and how hard it is to kick the habit, I think I was wrong. This country needs to rethink its drug control policies."
Nope. He is a conservative. That means one standard for the rich, another standard for everybody else. To him it is not hypocrisy for the same justice system to let him off the hook for buying thousands of pills on the black market, yet throw some kid with one rock of crack cocaine in prison for five years. Rich people should be able to BUY the justice they want, and that's the way things ought to be!
Oh, except for Ted Kennedy. They should have locked him up and threw away the key! Oh, and also Bill Clinton should have been removed from office and imprisoned.
Mister Lionel, a former prosecuter from Florida, was also noting how lucky Rush is not to be facing decades in prison. If he was not able to buy himself top-notch counsel and throw any amount of cash at the system they asked for, Florida's draconian opiate trafficing and possesion laws might have gotten Rush a quarter in the state pen! I'm talking about Rush getting the kind of justice O.J. didn't get either!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/cussing.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...