» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Blackwell wins OH GOP governor nomination

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/02/06 at 11:26 pm

Ohio republicans have dug their own grave electing this far right wing nut job. His platform is basically "I'm black, I hate gays, I love guns, and I hate abortion". The GOP has proven again they are out of touch with america.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060503/ap_on_re_us/primaries_rdp;_ylt=ArazRlfz0i7c8ZCD.g_JXy2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OXIzMDMzBHNlYwM3MDM-

Subject: Re: Blackwell wins OH GOP governor nomination

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/02/06 at 11:26 pm

Ohio republicans have dug their own grave electing this far right wing nut job. His platform is basically "I'm black, I hate gays, I love guns, and I hate abortion". The GOP has proven again they are out of touch with america.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060503/ap_on_re_us/primaries_rdp;_ylt=ArazRlfz0i7c8ZCD.g_JXy2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3OXIzMDMzBHNlYwM3MDM-

No, THAT guy has proven that he's out of touch with Americans.

Broad generalizations suck.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/02/06 at 11:29 pm

No, THAT guy has proven that he's out of touch with American.

Broad generalizations suck.

Not all republicans are out of touch of course, but I think the party leadership in general is. But it's frustrating to see republicans keep voting in far-right wing religious nuts.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/02/06 at 11:32 pm

Not all republicans are out of touch of course, but I think the party leadership in general is. But it's frustrating to see republicans keep voting in far-right wing religious nuts.

It all boils down to voter apathy.  You'd see more change if voters who were more moderate than the people who voted for that guy got off their asses and actually DID SOMETHING.  I tell people the same thing when they bitch about Bush beating Kerry in '04.  Our country has one of the lowest voter turnouts EVER.  2/3 of the people bitching about Bush winning probably didn't even vote themselves. 

Change can only happen if we want it to.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/02/06 at 11:34 pm

It all boils down to voter apathy.  You'd see more change if voters who were more moderate than the people who voted for that guy got off their asses and actually DID SOMETHING.  I tell people the same thing when they bitch about Bush beating Kerry in '04.  Our country has one of the lowest voter turnouts EVER.  2/3 of the people bitching about Bush winning probably didn't even vote themselves. 

Change can only happen if we want it to.

Yea I agree not enough people vote. I think only like 20 % voted in this primary. I am happy to be part of the 20 %, even though it was pretty much certainly going to be Strickland for the Dems. 20 % is definitely not enough.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/02/06 at 11:35 pm

What was the title of that Nine Inch Nails song? That's right "March of the Pigs." That's what we're witnessing in the Buckeye State!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/monster.gif

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/02/06 at 11:38 pm

What was the title of that Nine Inch Nails song? That's right "March of the Pigs." That's what we're witnessing in the Buckeye State!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/monster.gif

If Blackwell gets elected, I'll be close to leaving this state. Columbus is a joke and the southern Ohio people keep getting these far right guys voted in and dominate state government. Strickland is leading though in the polls, of course I think John Kerry was leading in polls too so who knows. I don't know if I trust these diebold machines either, they had all kinds of problems today.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/02/06 at 11:46 pm

If Blackwell gets elected, I'll be close to leaving this state. Columbus is a joke and the southern Ohio people keep getting these far right guys voted in and dominate state government. Strickland is leading though in the polls, of course I think John Kerry was leading in polls too so who knows. I don't know if I trust these diebold machines either, they had all kinds of problems today.

Blackwell got about 300,000 voters illegally disenfranchised in Ohio. They arranged for few and broken voting machines in Democratic-voting districts and many and functioning voting machines in Republican-voting districts. It's sick, sick, sick! Blackwell ought to be Jim Trafficante's cell mate! Sorry you're stuck out there. Come out to the Pioneer Valley here in W.Mass. Out here you'd be a hardline conservative by comparison!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/spin3.gif

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/03/06 at 12:00 am

Blackwell got about 300,000 voters illegally disenfranchised in Ohio. They arranged for few and broken voting machines in Democratic-voting districts and many and functioning voting machines in Republican-voting districts. It's sick, sick, sick! Blackwell ought to be Jim Trafficante's cell mate! Sorry you're stuck out there. Come out to the Pioneer Valley here in W.Mass. Out here you'd be a hardline conservative by comparison!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/spin3.gif

Yea it's interesting that most of the problems with the machines seemed to be around northeast Ohio, which is of course heavily democratic. The machines weren't working in a lot of areas when polls opened at 6:30 AM. One guy pushed down and destroyed one of the machines because it wasn't working, he was arrested of course. Blackwell also happens to be Diebold stockholder or at least used to be.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/03/06 at 9:51 am

And would Petro have pleased anyone here if he won?  Was he too right-wing also?

So Strickland is a good guy, and Petro and Blackwell are bad?

Yeah....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/06 at 7:19 pm

And would Petro have pleased anyone here if he won?  Was he too right-wing also?

Yeah....

Ah, there is so much here you DON'T want to talk about!
:-X

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/06/06 at 7:24 pm

Yeah....

Sorry, I don't live in Ohio, so I know squat about the people running for office there. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/06 at 7:32 pm

Sorry, I don't live in Ohio, so I know squat about the people running for office there. 

That's my point from the other thread. You want to tell me Dubya won the 2004 election fair-and-square, but then you tell me you "don't know squat" about Ken Blackwell!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/farmerjohn.gif

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/06/06 at 7:43 pm

That's my point from the other thread. You want to tell me Dubya won the 2004 election fair-and-square, but then you tell me you "don't know squat" about Ken Blackwell!

Why would I know about someone running for office in Ohio?  I live in Georgia.  Is someone running for office in Ohio supposed to interest me?

And really, quit with the smilies.  They're obnoxious and they detract from the point you're trying to make.  And, they're mildly insulting, to put it nicely.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/06/06 at 9:09 pm

Yeah....

Blackwell is even more extreme than Petro. Blackwell is more conservative than Bush and Taft, and wants to ban every single abortion even if the mother's life is on the line, Blackwell wants to force the mother to die so a fetus can live. Petro supports civil unions and at least believes a woman should have a choice if her life is on the line.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/06 at 10:34 pm

Why would I know about someone running for office in Ohio?  I live in Georgia.  Is someone running for office in Ohio supposed to interest me?

And really, quit with the smilies.  They're obnoxious and they detract from the point you're trying to make.  And, they're mildly insulting, to put it nicely.

Blackwell--as secretary of state of Ohio-- became a political figure of national controversy due to his conflicts-of-interest and corruption in the 2004 Presidential election, in which Ohio became the key state to win.

Oh, smilies. I thought you were saying "similes." I said to myself, "but I didn't make any similes."  I think I'm mildly dyslexic. Say, our moderator put all those smilies up there for us all to enjoy, and I think you're taking debate here a bit too personal-like!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/krach.gif

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/06/06 at 10:48 pm

Blackwell--as secretary of state of Ohio-- became a political figure of national controversy due to his conflicts-of-interest and corruption in the 2004 Presidential election, in which Ohio became the key state to win.

Oh, smilies. I thought you were saying "similes." I said to myself, "but I didn't make any similes."  I think I'm mildly dyslexic. Say, our moderator put all those smilies up there for us all to enjoy, and I think you're taking debate here a bit too personal-like!

Edited:  Don't want to get into a pissing match anymore. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/06 at 11:08 pm

Well excuse the f*ck out of me, I've never heard of him.  You'll have to excuse that, I'm obviously not as intelligent as you. 

And as far as taking things personally?  You talk down to me constantly.  Every post I make in this forum, you have to come along and point out every little thing that's wrong with it.  I can't effing stand that.  It's always you picking apart my post trying to find something to make me feel dumb about.  And then you post these replies full of links and quotes and smilies.......next time just tell me you think I'm stupid let that be that.

I am hundreds of miles away typing on my computer. I cannot "make" you feel anything. I tried to assure you I do not think you are "stupid." I wish you had not brought that word into the discourse. You brought it up and obliged me to deny it. When you associate yourself with a denigrating term such as "stupid" other people may link you and the denigrating term subconsciously.
I'm going a tangent a bit, but let me demonstrate what I mean with my favorite Lyndon Johnson anectdote:
In 1948, Lyndon Johnson was running for the U.S senate against former Texas governer Coke Stevenson. It was a tight race. Johnson was conferring with his people about ways to denigrate Stevenson's reputation. Johnson said, "I know, we'll say 'Coke Stevenson f**ks pigs.'"
Johnson's advisors said, "Lyndon, we can't say that, it's just slander." Johnson replied, "We'll let him deny it!"
So you see, if Coke Stevenson had to get out there and defend himself against charges of a porcine preference...well, you know the rest!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/oink2.gif

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/06/06 at 11:09 pm

I am hundreds of miles away typing on my computer. I cannot "make" you feel anything. I tried to assure you I do not think you are "stupid." I wish you had not brought that word into the discourse. You brought it up and obliged me to deny it. When you associate yourself with a denigrating term such as "stupid" other people may link you and the denigrating term subconsciously.
I'm going a tangent a bit, but let me demonstrate what I mean with my favorite Lyndon Johnson anectdote:
In 1948, Lyndon Johnson was running for the U.S senate against former Texas governer Coke Stevenson. It was a tight race. Johnson was conferring with his people about ways to denigrate Stevenson's reputation. Johnson said, "I know, we'll say 'Coke Stevenson f**ks pigs.'"
Johnson's advisors said, "Lyndon, we can't say that, it's just slander." Johnson replied, "We'll let him deny it!"
So you see, if Coke Stevenson had to get out there and defend himself against charges of a porcine preference...well, you know the rest!

I edited my post to remove my comment because I'm sick of this crap.  You didn't need to respond. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/09/06 at 11:14 am

Sorry about all that ballyhoo, folks!

Just to reiterate:

Who was in charge of George W. Bush's presidential campaign in Ohio when Kenneth Blackwell was Secretary of State of Ohio?
Kenneth Blackwell.

Who gave Diebold, inc., the exclusive contract to provide electronic voting machines to Ohio after the CEO of Diebold pledged to hand Ohio's electoral votes to George W. Bush?
Kenneth Blackwell.

Who invested in shares in Diebold, inc, at that same time...and then declared he invested "by accident"?
Kenneth Blackwell.

Who addressed the white supremicist organization Council for National Policy (CNP)?
Kenneth Blackwell.

Who gets to investigate the nefarious activities of Kenneth Blackwell?
Kenneth Blackwell.

Check for new replies or respond here...