» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Verdict reached in Moussaoui case

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/03/06 at 3:10 pm

Will he get life in prison without the possiblity of parole or the death penalty?

Verdict to be read at 4:30 P.M. EST live on CNN and Fox News.

Subject: Re: Verdict reached in Moussaoui case

Written By: La Roche on 05/03/06 at 3:19 pm

Will he get life in prison without the possiblity of parole or the death penalty?

Verdict to be read at 4:30 P.M. EST live on CNN and Fox News.

He's got 15 minutes.

I really hope he gets life without parole.

Far worse than the chair or the injection.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/03/06 at 3:34 pm

"The defendant rejoices in all that pain - he told you that himself... there is no place on this good Earth for him." -David Raskin, Prosecution

"Confine him to a miserable existence until he dies and give him not the death of a jihadist... but the long slow death of a common criminal." -Gerald Zerkin, Defence

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/03/06 at 3:35 pm

It's life in prison without parole.  Just announced.

Crap.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/03/06 at 3:36 pm

It's life in prison withour parole.

They better put him in solitary confinement.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/03/06 at 3:46 pm

Good he'll suffer for the rest of his life in prison, remember he wanted to die a martyr. I wouldn't have felt bad for him had he gotten death though.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/03/06 at 4:20 pm

Death penalty equals automatic appeal.  Lots of wasted money and effort.

Let him rot in solitary.  They'll never parole him, and he can't be mixed in with the general prison population.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/03/06 at 5:03 pm

Let him rot in solitary.  They'll never parole him, and he can't be mixed in with the general prison population.

Sadly.  Moussaoui will be heavily guarded and kept alone.  If they were to mix him in with the general population, you know there would be somebody in the prison serving a life sentence who'd be willing to take a meaningless second life sentence and kill Moussaoui for the fame and glory that comes with killing a hated terrorist.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/03/06 at 5:22 pm

It would make sense to keep him in solitary in a padded room, though.  He wanted the death penalty for martyrdom purposes, and mixing him with the general population would mean that he could accomplish that goal anyway.  Let him wait for his 72 virgins in paradise :P

Of course, if they quash the appeal for the death penalty and he's torn apart by four horses going in all different directions while sumo wrestlers use his noggin as a bounce mat...

(kidding)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/03/06 at 5:26 pm

I wonder if the lowlife will be allowed his Q'uaran?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/03/06 at 5:41 pm

Let him rot in protective custody. And I hope that survivors of 9/11 and relatives of survivors as well as those who were killed find at least some closure now that this killer is in prison.

The pig who shoud really be executed when he's caught is Osama Bin Laden.    http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/11shot.gif

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/03/06 at 9:06 pm

I guess the choice is between making the terrorists happy by executing him and making him a martyr

or letting him rot in a jail and pissing off the conservatives whose blood lust wants them to do something that makes the enemy unhappy.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/04/06 at 12:09 am

I guess the choice is between making the terrorists happy by executing him and making him a martyr

Fox News reported that "nine of the twelve jurors wanted life in prison and that none of the jurors believed executing Moussaoui would make him a martyr...."

If somebody is against the death penalty, just say it.  Say you think it's morally wrong or that you honestly believe life in prison is worse or whatever, but don't feed anyone the martyr line.  It's garbage.  And it appears that all twelve jurors thought so as well.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/04/06 at 12:20 am

Was this bozo really going to be part of 9/11?

OH well- they have their scapegoat.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/04/06 at 2:21 am

Fox News reported that "nine of the twelve jurors wanted life in prison and that none of the jurors believed executing Moussaoui would make him a martyr...."

If somebody is against the death penalty, just say it.  Say you think it's morally wrong or that you honestly believe life in prison is worse or whatever, but don't feed anyone the martyr line.  It's garbage.  And it appears that all twelve jurors thought so as well.

I do think the death penalty is morally wrong. I also believe killing him makes him a martyr. As Chucky points out, a death sentence grants Moussaoui one if not several appeals and more grandstanding from Moussaoui. I know, I know, we shouldn't have appeals. As one rightwing talk show host is fond of saying, "If a convict receives the death penalty, he should be dead within 24 hours..." Then there's Texas trying to whittle down the appeals process to 90 days. George W. Bush signed more death warrants than any governor in Texas history, and that's a lot of blood. Bush never even reviewed any of the cases Gonzoles pushed across his desk. To be sure there were innocent people executed by Bush. You know, China, Iran, and Saudi Arabia are the only countries worldwide who execute more people per annum than the United States. Is this the kind of company we want to keep?
We also must not practice capital punishment by default. We cannot tolerate the prison system shoving inmates in general population knowing full well they will be torn to shreds.
Moussaoui is a pawn and a shill. Solitary confinement will totally suck for Moussaoui. Let him rot and forget about him. He's just a distraction. We need to investigate the REAL masterminds of 9/11 (not that we ever will).

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/04/06 at 3:21 am

Fox News... always reliable >cough<    Even if they are to be believed, 75%, that's a larger majority than Bush won the White House with.  So what if they don't think it would make him a martyr.  Do they all have a background in Middle East politics or even watch the news?  Probably neither, since they would be considered a biased jury and dismissed.  I'm sure there was no evidence admitted either that would say one way or another whether his death could be considered martyrdom.  So what difference does that piece of information make?  None.

What you're trying to say is the terrorists won't view someone executed by their enemy as a martyr.  That if he's executed he won't be used as a recruitment tool by the Al Qedia.  Tell me WHY he won't be viewed that way if he's executed. Oh, that's right.  You keep saying it, but can't offer me a reason.  Clearly someone on Free Republic has heard that explanation from Karl Rove by now.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/04/06 at 7:53 am

I hope he is served crispy bacon sandwiches on a daily basis.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/04/06 at 9:34 am

I hope he is served crispy bacon sandwiches on a daily basis.

Wrap his pork sandwiches in pages from the Koran, heh heh!
:D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/04/06 at 9:39 am

Fox News... always reliable >cough<    Even if they are to be believed.....

"No jurors found that the execution of the defendant will create a martyr for radical Muslim fundamentalists and to Al Qaida in particular" -The Washington Post

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/04/06 at 9:43 am

"No jurors found that the execution of the defendant will create a martyr for radical Muslim fundamentalists and to Al Qaida in particular" -The Washington Post

fine... still doesn't answer anything else I raised.  You just happened to confirm Fox News wasn't lying.

According to the supporters, the Death Penalty is supposed to be a "DETERRENT".  How does it act as a deterrent for someone who wants to die anyways? I'm sure the suicide bombers are just quaking at the thought.  "Oh no!" they'll say.  "If I don't die in my suicide bombing, they'll kill me!" 

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/04/06 at 10:34 am

Wrap his pork sandwiches in pages from the Koran, heh heh!

It's just been on the radio here, his mother is now whineing that he should be allowed to serve his sentence in his home country.  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/04/06 at 5:35 pm

It's just been on the radio here, his mother is now whineing that he should be allowed to serve his sentence in his home country.   >:(

I wouldn't pay her much mind. She's his mother, I would expect her to protest. Time and again I have seen mothers declare, "He's really a good boy!," no matter what kind of scumbag the son is! That's just mother's talk.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angel13.gif

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/04/06 at 5:38 pm

It's just been on the radio here, his mother is now whineing that he should be allowed to serve his sentence in his home country.  >:(

F*ck that.  He serves his time here.  In the U.S.  Where we hate him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/04/06 at 9:01 pm

Yeah, if we sent him to France, the mayor of Paris would make him an honorary citizen, like he did Mumia Abu-Jamal! Maybe he will anyway!

Written By: witchain on 05/05/06 at 4:58 am

Let him wait for his 72 virgins in paradise...

Maybe he'll be the virgin for 72 inmates.  :o

I do believe that life in shackles is worse than death.
Hopefully they will have him on suicide watch until he takes his last breath.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/05/06 at 8:16 am

Heard yesterday he will serve his time in solitary confinement in a maximum security prison in Colarado? with stone formed furniture and only a B/W tv for company - too good imo. He's only doing solitary cos' he'd be ripped to pieces otherwise. >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/05/06 at 8:30 am

Heard yesterday he will serve his time in solitary confinement in a maximum security prison in Colarado? with stone formed furniture and only a B/W tv for company - too good imo. He's only doing solitary cos' he'd be ripped to pieces otherwise. >:(

Uh, they don't even manufacture black-and-white television sets anymore. Looks like we're stuck. Oh, I know! Let's deny him premium cable. That way Moussaoui can't tune in to Bill Mahar making jokes about him!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_porc.gif

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/05/06 at 10:32 am

Uh, they don't even manufacture black-and-white television sets anymore. Looks like we're stuck. Oh, I know! Let's deny him premium cable. That way Moussaoui can't tune in to Bill Mahar making jokes about him!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_porc.gif

Oh well that's even better, let him do without. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/clock.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...