» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Rupert Murdoch to hold fundraiser for Hillary Clinton

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/09/06 at 4:36 pm

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12692606/

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."
--George Orwell
Animal Farm

The "news" outlets owned by media mogul Rupert Murdoch did more to demonize Bill and Hillary Clinton than any other media. We're talking about the FOX News channel and the New York Post tabloid here. The goal of Murdoch's media empire seemed crystal clear eight years ago: make President Clinton more hated than Adolph Hitler, and when you can say something horrible about his wife, say it with gusto!

When Hillary Clinton ran for her New York senate seat the first time, Murdoch's people were just as vicious to her as they were to her husband.

File under Last Things You Thought You Would See:
Murdoch to host fundraiser for Hillary Clinton campaign

But should we really be surprised?

A Murdoch/Clinton alliance demonstrates the ruthlessness in the halls of power.
Rupert: I run to you like a rat runs from a sinking ship. It looks like the GOP might get thrown out in the fall. Shall we be friends?
Hillary: Who cares about who said what in the past. We both know what's important now: $$$$$! It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether you win!

As disgusting as it is, maybe it's good news. Perhaps Murdoch is the proverbial canary in the coal mine. It may be the first real sign that the Republican reign of terror is coming to an end!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/popworm.gif

Subject: Re: Rupert Murdoch to hold fundraiser for Hillary Clinton

Written By: danootaandme on 05/09/06 at 5:16 pm

Rupert does what is best for Rupert, and just as he is greasing the Clinton wheels he will probably give in kind to anyone in the running.  It does show that he believes that she is a credible candidate.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/09/06 at 9:10 pm

more likely, he thinks she's a polarizing candidate, and will help the Republicans if she gets the nod to run in 08

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/09/06 at 9:46 pm

If Hilary Clinton is the democratic nominee for president in '08, I will vote for whatever Republican runs against her.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/09/06 at 10:45 pm

Rupert does what is best for Rupert

Yes, that sums it up quite nicely!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/yelclap.gif

more likely, he thinks she's a polarizing candidate, and will help the Republicans if she gets the nod to run in 08

Are you suggesting the magnificent Mr. Murdoch is some kind of calculating cynic?

If Hilary Clinton is the democratic nominee for president in '08, I will vote for whatever Republican runs against her.

Well, I can't help it, there you go again!
--The Gipper
;)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/09/06 at 11:31 pm

Well, I can't help it, there you go again!
--The Gipper
;)

You really aren't funny.

Written By: Mushroom on 05/11/06 at 4:22 pm

Don't forget, Rupert himself can't donate to a candidate, since he is a foreign national.  The best he can do is hold a fundraiser.

And this is nothing unusual.  All businesses donate to both parties.  A lot of people made a big deal out of Enron donating to the Bush campaign in 2000.  They forget though that Enron donated even more money to Clinton in 1996.  So what?  That is simply "politics as usual".

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/11/06 at 4:24 pm

You really aren't funny.

To YOU.  I think hes a riot.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/11/06 at 4:33 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/11/06 at 4:35 pm

That's because he's not putting you down with smilies and whimiscal quotes.  If he was, you'd be tired of it too.

I don't see how what he said was a put-down. ???

Written By: Satish on 05/11/06 at 5:53 pm

Don't forget, Rupert himself can't donate to a candidate, since he is a foreign national.  The best he can do is hold a fundraiser.

Actually, that's not true. Rupert Murdoch is a citizen of the United States. He's originally from Australia, but he acquired US citizenship in 1985. He would have been legally prohibited from making certain business acquisitions in the United States, otherwise:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch#Moving_into_the_United_States

Written By: Sister Morphine on 05/11/06 at 6:51 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/11/06 at 6:59 pm

Dang, I hope it's John McCain and not one of the Bush folk again :P

Written By: STAR70 on 05/15/06 at 5:08 pm

[quote author=

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/16/06 at 3:56 pm

"Dude, shes Hitler with boobs" ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/06 at 4:04 pm

Dang, I hope it's John McCain and not one of the Bush folk again :P

The far right has converted McCain. He sucked up to Dubya even after Karl Rove defamed him, and he just accepted a speaking engagement for Fallwell's Liberty University.
McCaine is not well. I believe he has recurrent Stockholm Syndrome, a result of his detention in the Hanoi Hilton.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/16/06 at 4:31 pm

A fundraiser for Hillary?  Big surprise.....  ::)

Currently she (Hillary) is being made out to be the "only one who can save America from continuing the path to decline, and moral bankruptcy".  ::)

I am really glad that I'm Canadian right now.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/06 at 9:11 pm

A fundraiser for Hillary?  Big surprise.....  ::)

Currently she (Hillary) is being made out to be the "only one who can save America from continuing the path to decline, and moral bankruptcy".   ::)

I am really glad that I'm Canadian right now.  ::)

Hillary is the Democrat with the most money. That's all that matters.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/17/06 at 11:02 pm

I agree with the saying that people will always follow the money, wherever it goes.

Check for new replies or respond here...