» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Paranoia or possibility?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/11/06 at 1:49 pm

I heard a rumor about GOP skulduggery in the works. They know Bush's ratings are gonna be in the toilet for the rest of the year, so as campaign season gets underway, the GOP will instruct vulvernable Repugs to disassociate themselves from Bush in their campaigns.  If necessary, Repugs up for re-election might attack the Bush and the administration. That way they can bring alieneted Repug voters back into the fold and hold onto GOP congressional majorities. With GOP legislative majorities secured for the next two years, they can start working on strategies to redeem the executive branch. Dubya is a lame duck. The GOP just has to find a palatable presidential candidate.

However, if the Democrats win a majority in the Congress, the next two years will be full of ugly investigations. Bush might be the first president not only impeached and removed from office, but then put on trial facing criminal charges. If it gets that bad for Dubya, it'll be worse for Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the rest of those clowns.

Paranoia or possibility? I say possibility. I would put nothing past the bunch of fascists occupying the Republican party.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/glasses6.gif

Subject: Re: Paranoia or possibility?

Written By: La Roche on 05/11/06 at 1:52 pm

I heard a rumor about GOP skulduggery in the works. They know Bush's ratings are gonna be in the toilet for the rest of the year, so as campaign season gets underway, the GOP will instruct vulvernable Repugs to disassociate themselves from Bush in their campaigns.  If necessary, Repugs up for re-election might attack the Bush and the administration. That way they can bring alieneted Repug voters back into the fold and hold onto GOP congressional majorities. With GOP legislative majorities secured for the next two years, they can start working on strategies to redeem the executive branch. Dubya is a lame duck. The GOP just has to find a palatable presidential candidate.

However, if the Democrats win a majority in the Congress, the next two years will be full of ugly investigations. Bush might be the first president not only impeached and removed from office, but then put on trial facing criminal charges. If it gets that bad for Dubya, it'll be worse for Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the rest of those clowns.

Paranoia or possibility? I say possibility. I would put nothing past the bunch of fascists occupying the Republican party.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/glasses6.gif

Dubya was a lame duck when he was re-elected.

The republican power base has already moved several steps away from him and will continue to do so until November.

In all honesty, I hope the democrats can take the house or senate. I'd like to see some investigations in to what's been going on in the white house.

The movement of power to the executive has been a disgrace and something needs to be done about it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/11/06 at 4:01 pm

The republican power base has already moved several steps away from him and will continue to do so until November.

In all honesty, I hope the democrats can take the house or senate. I'd like to see some investigations in to what's been going on in the white house.

The movement of power to the executive has been a disgrace and something needs to be done about it.

The only thing I fear if the Dems take the House is that they will buy into the propaganda about how they've got to be nice to the Republicans and eschew any investigations. If the Dems get a majority, word on the street will be, "the folks will hate you guys if you be mean to this president." That's exactly the kind of BS the DLC (Democrat Losers Club) would run with. Never mind how corrupt and merciless the GOP really is!
::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/11/06 at 4:13 pm

Bush might be the first president not only impeached and removed from office, but then put on trial facing criminal charges.

If I ever see that man shuffling along in a jumpsuit and chains, I'll orgasm to death. ;D ;D

You see, YOU guys have only dealth with the sorry, possum-eyed b@stard for 5 years, I've delt with him for 12 years now.  I saw him help screw up my home state(well its Texas- so it was already screwed to a point, the "One Star State" as a friend of my dad's used to put it), and then go on to screw things up for the entire country.  I'll feel no sympathy for him if hes put away.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/12/06 at 12:32 am

[quote author=

Written By: CeeKay on 05/12/06 at 8:10 am

Agreed.  I think most Republicans who are moving from him are doing so both for political reasons and on honest principle.  Few people can justify hanging on with GW at this point.

Written By: deadrockstar on 05/12/06 at 12:37 pm

Agreed.  I think most Republicans who are moving from him are doing so both for political reasons and on honest principle.  Few people can justify hanging on with GW at this point.

Well, apparently 29% of the population(yes- its 29 now! :D) are.  I wonder... who ARE these people?  I mean hell, I live in Republican central(East Texas) and it seems like just a few people around here still support him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/12/06 at 1:03 pm

[quote author=

Check for new replies or respond here...