» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Lay and Skilling Found Guilty

Written By: danootaandme on 05/25/06 at 4:12 pm

On all counts, but they aren't in jail yet. 

Subject: Re: Lay and Skilling Found Guilty

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/25/06 at 6:38 pm

Things are quiet, too quiet!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/25/06 at 8:27 pm

:o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/26/06 at 2:19 pm

It is good to see justice being served.

Cat

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/26/06 at 2:55 pm

Good!

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/26/06 at 3:09 pm

Hope they get hard labor.  They can never repay the lost pension funds of their workers, not to mention the losses suffered by investors, maybe even MY pension fund.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/26/06 at 3:12 pm

It is good to see justice being served.

Cat

It hasn't been served yet.  They aren't in Jail, they are out on bond.  Sentencing isn't until September, and they are already serving numerous appeals.  When it comes to serving time, when I see it I'll believe it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/26/06 at 5:18 pm

It hasn't been served yet.  They aren't in Jail, they are out on bond.  Sentencing isn't until September, and they are already serving numerous appeals.  When it comes to serving time, when I see it I'll believe it.

Bush will pardon them. Hey, if he's unpopular enough, what's he got to lose? Even if Lay and Skilling do do any time, they'll go to one of those country club prisons for a few months. You know, if a golf ball goes over the white line, don't go after it!
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/06 at 4:37 pm

"Off with their 'nads", I say.

>:(

Written By: danootaandme on 05/27/06 at 5:04 pm

"Off with their 'nads", I say.

>:(

If they had them, alas we will have to thing of something else. ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/27/06 at 11:21 pm

Good fricking riddence to bad rubbish........  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/06 at 11:46 pm

Good fricking riddence to bad rubbish........  >:(

You know, CNN was running a 2004 Larry King interview with Ken Lay tonight in which Kenny Boy was talking about his bigtime Baptist roots and what a Christian-believing man he is! And then conservatives wonder why we liberals scoff at the self-proclaimed pious!
Hey, Kenny Boy, remember number 8 from the big 10: "Thou shalt not steal"?
If I was in Larry's place that's what I would have asked...but what's the point of trying to reason with a psychophath?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil1.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/28/06 at 12:09 am

You know, CNN was running a 2004 Larry King interview with Ken Lay tonight in which Kenny Boy was talking about his bigtime Baptist roots and what a Christian-believing man he is! And then conservatives wonder why we liberals scoff at the self-proclaimed pious!
Hey, Kenny Boy, remember number 8 from the big 10: "Thou shalt not steal"?
If I was in Larry's place that's what I would have asked...but what's the point of trying to reason with a psychophath?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil1.gif

I'm pretty sure that God wouldn't mind having "a few words" for Mr. Lay.    ::)

Can you say..... hypocrite?  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/28/06 at 12:16 am

I'm pretty sure that God wouldn't mind having "a few words" for Mr. Lay.    ::)

Can you say..... hypocrite?   ::)

I'm thinking Mr. Lay's brain might be on the fritz. You know, he's ill with delusions of grandeur, literally cannot conceive of any notion that his actions might be wrong! That's why he gets on so well with the Bush boys.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vogel.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/28/06 at 11:00 am

I'm thinking Mr. Lay's brain might be on the fritz. You know, he's ill with delusions of grandeur, literally cannot conceive of any notion that his actions might be wrong! That's why he gets on so well with the Bush boys.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vogel.gif

I agree.  His mind isn't exactly working on all cylinders.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/28/06 at 11:18 am

I agree.  His mind isn't exactly working on all cylinders.  ::)

Whatever the pathology of the guest, Larry facilitates it. That's what makes me sick about Larry.
He asked Kenney Boy if he felt there was a spiritual reason he was being "put through all this."
Lay affirmed, "God wants me to go through this for whatever purpose, maybe I will find out some day." Sure, Kenneth "Job" Lay!
I would have applauded if Larry had reached over and smacked him upside the head! But no, Larry just puckered up once again!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/kiss(1).gif

Lay also remarked he hoped the ordeal would be over soon so he and the missus could get back to their "philanthropy." Oh, you mean the kind of "philanthropy" where you raid everybody's pension fund and deliberately set all the lights in California on the blink!

How think do you dumb we are?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/28/06 at 12:18 pm

Whatever the pathology of the guest, Larry facilitates it. That's what makes me sick about Larry.
He asked Kenney Boy if he felt there was a spiritual reason he was being "put through all this."
Lay affirmed, "God wants me to go through this for whatever purpose, maybe I will find out some day." Sure, Kenneth "Job" Lay!
I would have applauded if Larry had reached over and smacked him upside the head! But no, Larry just puckered up once again!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/kiss(1).gif

Lay also remarked he hoped the ordeal would be over soon so he and the missus could get back to their "philanthropy." Oh, you mean the kind of "philanthropy" where you raid everybody's pension fund and deliberately set all the lights in California on the blink!

How think do you dumb we are?

If I had my way, Lay will be locked away for life.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...