» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Could You Do Better?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/23/06 at 9:24 pm

Would you be a better president than Bush?

Subject: Re: Could You Do Better?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/06 at 11:07 pm

Would you be a better president than Bush?

The very premise is faulty. It's not just Bush, it's Rove, Cheney, and Rumsfeld.
Anyway, I wouldn't do the same things as Bush, and odds are whatever I came up with would be better.

Not sure if I personally could do it, but I would put some men and women in my cabinet who could!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/24/06 at 5:39 pm

ANYBODY could do better than Bush. Even my cat could do better.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/06 at 7:10 pm

^ You couldn't do worse for the American people than Dubya no matter how hard you tried. You don't have the right connections!
I mean, if we're talking the Bushwackers, we're talking the family that underwrote Hitler's rise to power, and continued to do so even after 1941! Who are the Bushwakers partners with today? The Bin Laden family!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vamp.gif

Written By: whistledog on 06/24/06 at 8:53 pm

The last ѕhit I just took could do better than Bush

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/06 at 12:22 am

The last ѕhit I just took could do better than Bush

How could you tell the difference?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/schnauz.gif

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/25/06 at 11:07 pm

No, I don't think I could.  I have no idea how to run anything......a major world power notwithstanding.  I think it's foolish on some part to say you could, because that's assuming that while you're in office nothing bad happens, and everything is perfect......therefore you're not tested in anyway to act decisively or quickly.  If the apple cart never turns over, you'll never know what it's like to have to turn it back over and pick up all the apples again.  How do you know you'll be good?  What if you think you're good, but the people hate you?  Then what? 

The job of President is hard, it's stressful and it's not for everyone.  You can argue that Bush is horrible at it, but to say that you wouldn't be is kinda arrogant, methinks.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/06 at 11:55 pm

No, I don't think I could.  I have no idea how to run anything......a major world power notwithstanding.  I think it's foolish on some part to say you could, because that's assuming that while you're in office nothing bad happens, and everything is perfect......therefore you're not tested in anyway to act decisively or quickly.  If the apple cart never turns over, you'll never know what it's like to have to turn it back over and pick up all the apples again.  How do you know you'll be good?  What if you think you're good, but the people hate you?  Then what? 

The job of President is hard, it's stressful and it's not for everyone.  You can argue that Bush is horrible at it, but to say that you wouldn't be is kinda arrogant, methinks.

I would agree with you about any president except Dubya!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 06/26/06 at 12:07 am

I would agree with you about any president except Dubya!

I'd love to see how some of you would have handled 9/11 and the ensuing war.  Really. 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/26/06 at 12:10 am

Seriously I wouldn't want the stress. However, it's more stressful to know that an imbecile is the head of a world power.

Written By: Tia on 06/26/06 at 5:57 am

I'd love to see how some of you would have handled 9/11
i feel confident i would have at least gotten up outta my chair. ;D

Written By: KKay on 06/26/06 at 9:32 am

No.  Someone else, yes.  Me, no.

alarm, hit snooze, move papers around desk, avoid people, change meeting schedule, take a nap, eat, go to bed.

definately not.

Written By: deadrockstar on 06/26/06 at 10:05 am

Like Max I'm not sure if I could personally do better, but I'd appoint cabinet members who could.

I'd love to see how some of you would have handled 9/11 and the ensuing war.  Really. 

Afghanistan?  I probably would have handled it like Bush.  Apart from letting him escape at Tora Bora(which I'm not sure if Bush had a decision in or not) I don't have a problem with the way Afghanistan was initially handled. However AFTER the initial war effort, we started effing up in that regard.  U.S. troops don't patrol many areas of the country now, and we just don't have enough boots on the ground.  We also allowed Afghanistan to put in their Constitution that Islam was the basis for all law.  Kinda defeats the purpose of removing the Taliban, IMO.  Also when it comes to the aftermatch of 9/11 I wouldn't have signed anything as draconian as the Patriot Act; instead how about giving the funded needed for all the cargo being brought into the U.S. to be checked instead of only 5% or so? :D Just for an example.

Written By: Apricot on 06/26/06 at 10:11 am

Simple. Uproot the USA and move it to the moon. Problem solved.

I don't think I could do a good job as president.. I mean, I'm still a lad. I'd put competent people in like Maxwell said.. I hate to mirror someone else's post, but it's really the best idea.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/26/06 at 3:07 pm

How would I have handled 9/11? Well, I'm pretty certain Dubya was complicit in the massacres of that infamous date. If some how I managed to be that evil an S.O.B. in the planning process, the psychological toll of the aftermath would probably drive me to suicide.

Of course, Bush has no more conscience than Ted Bundy. He loves to see people die!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_porc.gif

Written By: Tia on 06/28/06 at 8:45 am

No.  Someone else, yes.  Me, no.

alarm, hit snooze, move papers around desk, avoid people, change meeting schedule, take a nap, eat, go to bed.

definately not.
so, about the same as bush, actually.

don't forget, though, bush has a pretty strenuous workout plan. and he tends to be in bed by 10 p.m., i'm told.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/28/06 at 1:14 pm

The whole inquiry is a red herring. It is meaningless to question whether or not any of us could "do better" than Bush. The real subjects we need to address is the way the Bush crime family is indeed destroying our democracy and the psychopathology that has taken hold of the entire Republican party since the Bushies stole their first election in 2000.

Written By: CeeKay on 06/28/06 at 1:39 pm

The whole inquiry is a red herring. It is meaningless to question whether or not any of us could "do better" than Bush. The real subjects we need to address is the way the Bush crime family is indeed destroying our democracy and the psychopathology that has taken hold of the entire Republican party since the Bushies stole their first election in 2000.

I could definitely NOT do better -- I couldn't be President -- I can't keep up on the activities of my own household most of the time!  ;)

I think it's a good question though....if expanded.  Just saying, "I could do better because Bush is an idiot" tells me nothing substantial.  Instead of telling us what Bush has done wrong, just expand a bit on...."If I was president, here's what I would do in this situation."  That's, I think, at the heart of this question.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/28/06 at 3:14 pm

I could definitely NOT do better -- I couldn't be President -- I can't keep up on the activities of my own household most of the time!  ;)

I think it's a good question though....if expanded.  Just saying, "I could do better because Bush is an idiot" tells me nothing substantial.  Instead of telling us what Bush has done wrong, just expand a bit on...."If I was president, here's what I would do in this situation."  That's, I think, at the heart of this question.

I suppose one could infer that from the question, but the question is still quite a dumb one!

Written By: Tia on 07/08/06 at 12:02 am

i don't think bush and co. are actually trying to run the country. they seem to see the actual administration of government as a tedious task best left to bureaucrats. they're there to advance an agenda and distribute power to the monied interests who've invested in them. but then again, it's no secret i'm not a particular fan of the administration. then again, i think the powers of the president to actually run the country are pretty overestimated.

Written By: Tia on 07/08/06 at 12:08 am

here's a nice dubyism:

"I've reminded the Prime Minister -- the American people, Mr. Prime Minister, over the past months that it was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship." -- While standing next to the prime minister of Japan.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/08/06 at 9:59 am

Running an entire country, especially one the size of the United States wouldn't be that hard would it?  What Alexander the Great did was a piece of cake, anyone could do it.  Terry Bollea was going to run for President a few years back as was Jim Hellwig or is it just Warrior now?  Might as well cast your votes now.  Me personally I hope Steve Forbes gets back into it.  I always liked him.

Written By: annonymouse on 07/09/06 at 2:42 pm

nah i'd probably end up nuking north korea which would cause alot of controversy between the u.s. and......

oh wait, nobody likes north korea do they?

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/09/06 at 3:08 pm

nah i'd probably end up nuking north korea which would cause alot of controversy between the u.s. and......

oh wait, nobody likes north korea do they?

North Korea likes North Korea.  Maybe North Vietnam does too, someone should ask.

Check for new replies or respond here...